Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

1st time post, confused help req'd please

1st time post, confused help req'd please

Old Mar 9th 2012, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

ciaoboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st time post, confused help req'd please

Bob, I think the lack of information coming from me in a personal regard, is giving you the impression that I'm up to no good. Far from it. I'm trying to play the game, ( that's what it seems to be ) not break the law. I could turn up via the esta which I have, disappear, work illegally and never return to the UK ( or what other country people come from ), as countless others are doing, but I'd prefer to work legally, contribute taxes, pay my way, and actually help to train some young, or old for that matter, people in what I do.

The position does not require a Degree, but from what I've been told, a degree is a requirement to gain any kind of long term working visa, not fruit picking for weeks at a time etc.

It's hard for me to see what exactly I'm doing wrong in trying this, such negativity seems to be flying my way with comments, rather harsh IMHO..
Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ciaoboy
Bob, I think the lack of information coming from me in a personal regard, is giving you the impression that I'm up to no good. Far from it. I'm trying to play the game, ( that's what it seems to be ) not break the law. I could turn up via the esta which I have, disappear, work illegally and never return to the UK ( or what other country people come from ), as countless others are doing, but I'd prefer to work legally, contribute taxes, pay my way, and actually help to train some young, or old for that matter, people in what I do.

The position does not require a Degree, but from what I've been told, a degree is a requirement to gain any kind of long term working visa, not fruit picking for weeks at a time etc.

It's hard for me to see what exactly I'm doing wrong in trying this, such negativity seems to be flying my way with comments, rather harsh IMHO..
I think we may have hit upon the stumbling block for getting the visa. To qualify, the job typically must require a degree.

Regards,
James
Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you're confusing negative advice with realistic advice
Would you rather everyone said, great idea, no problems, just go for it and then you can come back when things don't work out?
You asked for people's advice which they are giving based on the facts you have offered. If you don't like it...........
Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The position does not require a Degree, but from what I've been told, a degree is a requirement to gain any kind of long term working visa, not fruit picking for weeks at a time etc..
It seems you're not reading the posts here thoroughly. It has been mentioned a few times that the JOB must require a degree in order to be eligible for an H1B. And, YOU must either have the appropriate degree, or work experience in lieu of.

If the job does not require a degree, that's probably why the immigration attorney said it was a no-go. But of course, check around, get second and third opinions, see if there's another visa that will work for you. If the employer wants you that bad, they can file an I-129 for you to immigrate with an Immigrant Visa...but it won't be quick. The current backlog on that is at least several years long.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

ciaoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Have asked for a 2nd opinion on this and will report back, "typically" is the problem I think.

I'm not confused with criticism/realism, please don't post any comments of that nature as that is what you are continuing to do Lisa67...

Just let me find out, what the deal is from another attorney and all will be revealed, either I've no chance or maybe its possible!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure you won't find out anything you don't already know by now...
Old Mar 9th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Have asked for a 2nd opinion on this and will report back, "typically" is the problem I think.

I'm not confused with criticism/realism, please don't post any comments of that nature as that is what you are continuing to do Lisa67...

Just let me find out, what the deal is from another attorney and all will be revealed, either I've no chance or maybe its possible!
Hate to break it to you but this is a public forum and as long as I stay within the rules I can post what the hell I like......don't like it? Don't read it!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 3:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed. OP is going to consult with other immigration attorneys.

ciaoboy, if you want to come back and tell us the results, whenever something happens with your case, you may post a new thread.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2012, 3:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No, I really don't care. It is very simply just information to you and you can do what you want with it.

And if the position does not require a degree, then no amount of sugar coating will get you the visa. One of the requirements for the position must be that it requires a degree to be eligible for the visa.

There is no negativity. Just honest answers. If you don't like what you hear, that's fine, that's up to you. If you want to go down the route of wasting time and money, go for it, it isn't the skin off anyone elses nose.

Edit: balls, didn't notice the thread got closed.
Bob, I think the lack of information coming from me in a personal regard, is giving you the impression that I'm up to no good.

Last edited by Bob; Mar 9th 2012 at 3:40 pm.