1751 waiver

Old Oct 12th 2011, 3:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1751 waiver

Originally Posted by fizzapal
I thought extention is from 6month to 1yr not 30days to 90days.thanks for telling me that noorah !
The extension can be for any amount of time, even 1 or 2 weeks...there is no "set" time for extension.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

I thought extention is from 6month to 1yr not 30days to 90days.thanks for telling me that noorah !
Fizza:

About the 551 extension stamp: Recently, USCIS have been giving these stamps only for short periods of time, a couple of years back these stamps were given for a minimum of 1 year. I have found more people getting these short stamps recently, commonly for 90 days and 6 months.

These short stamps is a pain at the rear end if your local infopass office is extremely busy. Its common not to get an appointment date for a whole month sometimes, so if your stamp expires or is going to expire within weeks, your completely out of luck and for some its a job opportunity lost.

The shortest stamp I got was for 36 days, the longest for 1 year.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Scot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura about

Out of interest, how you you make an appointment with your infopass?

I'm filing my waiver at the start of November and am due to travel internationally on December 17 and am concerned I may not have the ability to travel.

When you file do you have to specifically ask for the letter giving permission to travel?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scot_in_NYC
Out of interest, how you you make an appointment with your infopass?
www.uscis.gov.

When you file do you have to specifically ask for the letter giving permission to travel?
It's not a "letter giving you permission to travel", it's a letter indicating your PR status is extended for 1 year. It comes to you automatically, you don't need to specifically request it.

However, if you're filing the I-751 on Nov 1, you might not have that 1-year extension letter by Dec 17. Will your current green card expire before you return from that trip abroad?

Rene
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Scot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura about

Yes, it expires on December 4

I can probably be in a position to file by November 1 but not much sooner. I had read on here that the extension letter is usually received within a month or so

However, when I file my waiver, can i make an appointment with ipass immediately?

Thanks for any advice/past experiences on this issue

Last edited by Scot_in_NYC; Oct 19th 2011 at 7:35 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:44 pm

Yes, it expires on December 4

I can probably be in a position to file by November 1 but not much sooner. I had read on here that the extension letter is usually received within a month or so
It might, it might not. Each case is different. You will also receive a notice to go for your biometrics appointment. If you won't be here for that appointment, you can either go in sooner (with the appointment letter, before you leave the USA), or you'll have to reschedule it, asking for a date after your return (not sure USCIS will comply, but you can try).

However, when I file my waiver, can i make an appointment with ipass immediately?
You can go to www.uscis.gov to make an infopass anytime you like. I believe they can only schedule for the upcoming 2 weeks at a time, though....so plan accordingly.

When you go to the infopass appointment, bring proof that you've sent in the I-751, bring your passport and green card, and bring proof of your upcoming travel. Don't let them take your green card away from you (just in case they try doing that!).

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:40 am
Just Joined

fizzapal is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been a while: finally after 16 months of waiting I have an interview coming up in January.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Which processing center did you file with? I ask only because I'm trying to get a rough idea of timeframes for my own case. (yes, before everyone says, I know each case is different etc )
Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Any one answer will not get you what you're looking for.

visajourney.com has a data base of timelines - more data, better rough idea.

Regards, JEff

Which processing center did you file with? I ask only because I'm trying to get a rough idea of timeframes for my own case. (yes, before everyone says, I know each case is different etc )
Old Dec 14th 2011, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Vermont
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

I received 2 biometric notices same code with different date,time and city.one of them fall on the day I'm scheduled for the interview and the same time.is it a mistake or I should attend both of them?
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:42 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take both notices to the first of the scheduled appointments.

Regards, JEff

I received 2 biometric notices same code with different date,time and city.one of them fall on the day I'm scheduled for the interview and the same time.is it a mistake or I should attend both of them?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys! It's been a journey and I wanna thank you all for your help and support.l went for the interview today and my waiver was approved after waiting for 17 months.thank you
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:18 pm

Hi guys! It's been a journey and I wanna thank you all for your help and support.l went for the interview today and my waiver was approved after waiting for 17 months.thank you
Congratulations!

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats on your decision!

Can you tell us a little more about the interview process?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.