Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

**I-751:-1st NOA Received From CSC---Took 2 Months and 2 weeks...

**I-751:-1st NOA Received From CSC---Took 2 Months and 2 weeks...

Old Jul 8th 2001, 5:58 pm
SoloTag

Just thought that I would let people know that it takes a long time for CSC to send
the 1st NOA....

They received the I-751 on 24 April 2001 and we just received the 1st NOA on 3 July
2001. We even visited the office and they told us that there was a dely of over 2
months for them to send out notices stating that they recieved the package.

On the NOA: It would take up to 330 days to process the I-751....

We were just happy that they recieved the package....

Later, David

Old Jul 10th 2001, 12:35 am
Onigiri

<<snip>>
    >

But, isn't your Conditional I-551 expiring in approximately 90 days , long before
they process the I-751 for removal of conditions ? Did the NoA suggest any interim
fix to keep the I-551 active for employment and foreign travel ?

>
The INS has a way of inducing low expectations and make people happy !!

>

Old Jul 11th 2001, 1:13 am
Heather

in message

>
[usenetquote2]>> On the NOA: It would take up to 330 days to process the I-751....[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

The notice of action itself is supposed to be valid proof of your status for a year,
though you can go to the INS office and get a stamp in your passport to show the
same thing. Which is what we did, as my husband is prone to losing important pieces
of paper!

Heather
--
My real address is heather @ operamail dot com. I very rarely read the one shown as a
reply to/from address
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    >

Old Jul 11th 2001, 1:54 pm
Jonathan_ATC

Actually, the letter is JUST a letter of notification. Notices of Action (I-797) only
come from Service Centers regarding petitions. It is worthless to anyone except in
order to get the I-551 stamp. It even says, if you need to travel, come in and get
the stamp. It is only proof to your local office that you have been approved.
Basically, it is good for coming in, showing the guard to get in and then get the
stamp. Otherwise, it is only really important as a sign you have made it through the
maze successfully. It won't do for an employer, travel or anything else one must show
a green card for. It is NOT a green card, not even close. The I-551 stamp IS just as
good as an I-551 card though.

So, don't anyone try to use it to prove CPR or LPR. Just an FYI.

--
    >
Steen's Visa Pages http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> ><<snip>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> On the NOA: It would take up to 330 days to process the I-751....[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >But, isn't your Conditional I-551 expiring in approximately 90 days ,[/usenetquote2]
long
[usenetquote2]> >before they process the I-751 for removal of conditions ? Did the NoA suggest any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >interim fix to keep the I-551 active for employment and[/usenetquote2]
foreign
[usenetquote2]> >travel ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >