British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   We've arrived!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/weve-arrived-768931/)

mavine1 Sep 12th 2012 9:25 pm

Re: We've arrived!!!!!

Originally Posted by Charliewilson (Post 10268786)
Hiya. So glad to hear you're all doing well. I can totally sympathise with you on the mum front. I moved over to ballina nsw 3.5years ago to be with my Aussie fiancé, taking my 3 year old daughter with me. I tore my mum to pieces! She got drunk on brandy the night before our flight (had to leave their house at 5am for flight!). I had to stay up looking after her until she passed out at 3am! I had an hour or so sleep before having to leave my mum on her knees on the drive way! So painful. While in aus we tried to Skype once but it hurt her so much that she couldn't touch my daughter : ( I called most days and things seemed to ease within a couple of months. Things were going down hill for me by this point with home sickness kicking in, no job, no friends and fiancé working away. Depressed and lonely I decided to move home after 3 months, my fiancé followed 6 months later although he isn't happy in England. So here I am, 3years after coming home, visa being filled in ect, nervous, excited, terrified... Ping ponging back to oz!!!! And once again putting mum through hell! I feel twice as bad this time. I'm now married to the Aussie and we have a 15month old daughter as well as the 6year old (who is scarerly close to her nanny : ( ) My mum also has a great big stick to wack me with in the form of "you hated it last time, you'll be miserable, you had no money/help/friends ect...." While she is right about the latter few things... I did not hate Australia! I just hated our situation! And with the knowledge and experience I gained the first time I'm just so sure it can work now... Older and wiser, I hope at least!
We are moving back to the gold coast this time so hoping that may be better for our family. Also so pleased to have found this site last week. Who knows, may still be there now if I had this amazing link then!!!
Hoping to make a few friends to meet when we come over. If you wanted to meet up that would be so great. Especially as we are both facing the same family trials!
Stay strong and really hope to hear from you soon x

Wow what a story! When do you arrive? I'll happily meet up x

Bigaitch Sep 17th 2012 9:21 am

Re: We've arrived!!!!!

Hi Mavine, thats quite a story. Glad to hear things are starting to workout. We arrived at the end of July. Love lots about Australia, still not having much luck with work. Only managed a 3 week temporary part time job so far.
All the best, H.