British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Well, that's flown! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/well-thats-flown-496243/)

moneypenny20 Nov 26th 2007 12:01 am

Well, that's flown!

5 Attachment(s)
We arrived two years ago Saturday. First year was brill, we were burgled but shit happens. Second year has been just as brill, first born had an epileptic seizure but shit happens.

Celebrated by going to see Elton in one of the most beautiful settings. Fantastic evening. I love this place.

:thumbsup:

Oh, as I can't be bothered to write shed loads about what's been happening (it's in the blog, if you want to know, you can read that) I thought I'd sling on a few pics that probably sum up the past two years. In order of appearance! Back garden in the rain; our street, our boat :thumbsup:; pelican (not ours) and dolphins.

moneypenny20 Nov 26th 2007 2:36 am

Re: Well, that's flown!

5 Attachment(s)
And some more. Elysian Fields where Elton was playing; Elton; Hinterland, Sydney and mummy and baby koala in our garden

Sam Nov 26th 2007 3:07 am

Cool piccies Pen!

Glad your enjoying life here!

You might have to plan a visit to Perth in 2 years! Hopefully got something special happening!:thumbsup:

moneypenny20 Nov 26th 2007 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 5600513)
Cool piccies Pen!

Glad your enjoying life here!

You might have to plan a visit to Perth in 2 years! Hopefully got something special happening!:thumbsup:

A long winded pregnancy???????:eek::lol:

Sam Nov 26th 2007 3:27 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5600528)
A long winded pregnancy???????:eek::lol:

:rofl: NO way!!!!!!

Wendy Nov 26th 2007 5:56 am

Lovely pics Pen :thumbsup: Congratulations on 2 years - will you'll be an Aussie soon?

Vim Fuego Nov 26th 2007 6:01 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5600400)
And some more. Elysian Fields where Elton was playing; Elton; Hinterland, Sydney and mummy and baby koala in our garden

Tried to get that bugger to turn it down but he was having none of it :curse:

moneypenny20 Nov 26th 2007 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5600822)
Lovely pics Pen :thumbsup: Congratulations on 2 years - will you'll be an Aussie soon?

I've applied for the updated (not really) UK police check. I still have to do the test and hand over the money - grumble grumble. I was planning on getting it all sorted by now and try and get the ceremony on Aus Day but then I forgot - life got in the way, so now I'll get to it but I don't feel the push I had to begin with. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere, life's good, I'll sort it soon.:D She'll be right ;) No wucking furries mate :thumbsup:

Wendy Nov 26th 2007 6:10 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5600851)
I'm here, I'm not going anywhere, life's good, I'll sort it soon.:D She'll be right ;) No wucking furries mate :thumbsup:

I think you've passed the test to be an Aussie :D

moneypenny20 Nov 26th 2007 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5600854)
I think you've passed the test to be an Aussie :D

Do I still have to pay $240? I do? Oh bugger :lol:

tiredwithtwins Nov 26th 2007 9:45 am

hi pen,
blimey have you been there 2 years already!??? gosh, time flies!!
glad its all good :thumbsup:
take care,
sue x

egghead4 Nov 26th 2007 6:54 pm

its lovely to hear that things are still great for you in oz:thumbsup:
brilliant pictures, how lucky are you to own a boat, how often do you and the family go out in it?
bec

moneypenny20 Nov 27th 2007 2:57 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 5601305)
hi pen,
blimey have you been there 2 years already!??? gosh, time flies!!
glad its all good :thumbsup:
take care,
sue x

Hi hon. Yup, gone quick. How's it going with you? Have you done the TRA yet?

Originally Posted by egghead4 (Post 5602991)
its lovely to hear that things are still great for you in oz:thumbsup:
brilliant pictures, how lucky are you to own a boat, how often do you and the family go out in it?
bec

Not often enough. We not had it long and then had problems with the ute. Should be back out again this weekend hopefully.:D

Streaks Nov 27th 2007 4:05 am

I'm glad you and yours are happy MP, let it long continue for you:thumbup:
S xx

mand8002 Nov 27th 2007 5:21 am

Glad you are still happy 2 years down the track. As for boats, we have just bought one and since getting it, is has rained every weekend, typical. Where abouts on the Gold Coast do you live, as it looks lovely.