Update from Perth....

Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Update from Perth....

G'day guys!

How are you all doing? We are doing great. We have been here for two months now, bought a our dream house and settled in very well. The kids are loving the school and have made tonnes of new friends. It feels like we have already lived here for years. We have found everything very easy to sort out. Everyone has been very helpful. Work is great for my other half..he has made lots of new mates (drinking buddies) and goes for a beer with them a few times a week after work.
If anyone has any questions, try me...i could help!

So far it is what we expected......

Shirley xx
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

helenwilson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Update from Perth....

Originally Posted by Shirley
G'day guys!

How are you all doing? We are doing great. We have been here for two months now, bought a our dream house and settled in very well. The kids are loving the school and have made tonnes of new friends. It feels like we have already lived here for years. We have found everything very easy to sort out. Everyone has been very helpful. Work is great for my other half..he has made lots of new mates (drinking buddies) and goes for a beer with them a few times a week after work.
If anyone has any questions, try me...i could help!

So far it is what we expected......

Shirley xx
Hi Shirley where abouts in Perth are you? We're hoping to go August, so I;ve got millions of questions. How are your kids, was it hard finding schools etc etc. Thought there were no pubs in Perth!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Shirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant futureShirley has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Update from Perth....

Hello,

How are you doing? So you are coming August....great!
We are in Ellenbrook. The kids go to Ellenbrook Primary, and they are loving it.

It was such a drag getting here...but it is all worth it now. I done a hell of a lot of research because i really wanted to be sure we are making the right move. We also came here on holiday last year and stayed with friends. It all depends on what sort of situation you are in, whether you will like it here.

I am originally from germany, i moved to the UK with my peers when i was 12, then i moved back to germany with my other half for 2 years to get a cash float , as at that time work (Brickie work) was real good there. Anyway we had our first child and got married out there. My peers moved back to germany shortly after we returned to the UK....so what i'm trying to say is, i am used to being away from my family. I think your own little unit is the most important in the end. My other half has his family in the UK, but the person he is closest to has also emigrated, but to Canada. It's not for everyone. We don't all like the same things, but for us it's just right.

We love the outdoor lifestyle, all the creepy crawlies, fly's etc.I think everyone should expect that when they decide on a big move like this.
It has been quite chilly since we have been here, and there has been a lot of rain, but hey i'm not complaining as i know what to expect soon.

Everything went really smooth with our furniture, we sold our house and shipped it off straight away, while we lived in a caravan for the last 8 weeks in the UK. This was a very good thing to do, as our things were here before us. Storage costs here in Fremantle are cheaper than in the UK. Only by a bit, but every penny counts. Anyway, the custom peers in Fremantle were great, they kept our stuff until we were ready and only put it through customs a week before we moved in our house. So we only paid one week of storage.
Buying a house here is pretty easy too, we didn't want to waste cash on rental, so we had to make sure it's the right place for us. I think we were lucky.
We brought our black Lab over too. This was a little harder to sort, as the Byford Quarantine has only a limited amount of space, so our dog Molly had to stay with friends after we left. It was no problem, but we missed her badly.

We had a great big leaving party before we left, 250 people came. It was great! We have some lovely memories.

In the end, WE think life down under is much better for the kids, and our self's. We could just not see a future in the UK. We are from the outskirts of Hastings, East Sussex.

I hope this helps....please don't hesitate to ask anything!
Maybe we can get together once you are here.

Shirley and Family x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Oh, and about the pub thing.....sure you get pubs, but not like in the UK. Steven says mainly men go to these....but that might be a porky! He may just want some male time. I'm not 100% sure. The main thing is he likes it!
People here like to entertain at home/garden more.

Talking of booze!!!! We were very happy to discover that when you go out for a meal you can buy your own bottle of wine and bring it to the restaurant to drink at the table. Some places charge you for pouring it. But hey that's great aye!
Shirley
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:20 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and about the pub thing.....sure you get pubs, but not like in the UK. Steven says mainly men go to these....but that might be a porky! He may just want some male time. I'm not 100% sure. The main thing is he likes it!
People here like to entertain at home/garden more.

Talking of booze!!!! We were very happy to discover that when you go out for a meal you can buy your own bottle of wine and bring it to the restaurant to drink at the table. Some places charge you for pouring it. But hey that's great aye!
Shirley
Hi Shirley

Glad you are enjoying Perth. We have been here 11 months now, we are in Kingsley and we love it too!

I just wanted to say hi cos my name is also Shirley, and my husband is called Steve! I met him in Germany!

Shirley
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi Shirley

Glad you are enjoying Perth. We have been here 11 months now, we are in Kingsley and we love it too!

I just wanted to say hi cos my name is also Shirley, and my husband is called Steve! I met him in Germany!

Shirley
No way!!

Lets meet! Any suggestions???What you up to tomorrow? Want to come to me?Let me know!
Shirley.....
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:31 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

No way!!

Lets meet! Any suggestions???What you up to tomorrow? Want to come to me?Let me know!
Shirley.....
will pm you
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi Shirley

Shirley
Double Trouble
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:42 am
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by northernbird
Double Trouble
Me? Trouble? Whatever gives you that idea?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
Double Trouble
Yeah same for me!!!hehe!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:13 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shirely,
Welcome to Perth
We are in Ellenbrook too and my kids go to Ellenbrook Primary (but I'm not called Shirley )
I met a few ladies on Monday at the McDonalds, pity you missed it.
There's a meet at Hilary's that I go to sometimes on a Thursday (but not going tomorrow) if you fancy coming along?
Tracey
Old Oct 10th 2007, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Hi Shirely,
Welcome to Perth
We are in Ellenbrook too and my kids go to Ellenbrook Primary (but I'm not called Shirley )
I met a few ladies on Monday at the McDonalds, pity you missed it.
There's a meet at Hilary's that I go to sometimes on a Thursday (but not going tomorrow) if you fancy coming along?
Tracey
Hey how are you? Thanks that's great.....no worries Tracey is brill too. What years are your kids in? Mine are in 2 and 4. Pm me....
Shirley x
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Hey how are you? Thanks that's great.....no worries Tracey is brill too. What years are your kids in? Mine are in 2 and 4. Pm me....
Shirley x

Hey guys - dont know if you remeber us - but we have settled in Ellenbrook too - it's fab!

Laura
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! just wondered what your husbands job was, as to what work he does.