Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Two years yesterday May 13th

Two years yesterday May 13th

Old May 14th 2009, 8:47 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two years yesterday May 13th

Well what can i tell you, some of you will remember me and some of you wont but here goes. We have finally after two long years got our own house with the obligatory pool of course and we couldnt be happier. I said this in my last update but this was deffinately the best move for us, everything has worked out brilliantly, we just love it here. I know all the stories about isolation boredom etc etc but that just hasnt been the case for us. We have both got good jobs although i didnt start off with a brilliant job, just cleaning window blinds and repairing them, now i work as a juvenile custodial officer and i love my job. The last two years have flown by but we also feel like we have been here longer, i think thats down to us feeling so settled in perth. Yes Perth can be quiet but actually right now quiet suits us down to the ground. Our daughter has done beyond our expectations in her schooling considering she had just moved to secondary school in uk 3 months before we left and then went back to primary when we got here and is now back in high school.

So what next? well citizenship i reckon, we will start the process now and get it done, that was one of our targets when we arrived, get to citizenship and see what happens from there. Well we are making roots buying a home and although if i am to be totally honest i still dont say the word 'home' it is certainly starting to feel that way. Have there been any negatives? well yes there have been one or two but not enough for me to want to say anything about or to make me question us being here. Life has its ups and downs, its up to you to make what you can out of them. Life is good for us guys and thats what i wanted to tell you all. Im sorry if this seems a little roses around the door but for those who do remember me they will know i say things as i see them and right now this is how i see life for me and my wife and daughter.

For those who are in the process, good luck to you. Think positive but above all i still, stand by what i said right back at the beginning, MAKE SURE this is what you really want, if it is then it can potentialy change your life.

Cheers guys

Nev
Old May 14th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Two years yesterday May 13th

Great post Nev! Good to hear all is going your way! Perth is a nice place!
Old May 15th 2009, 10:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice update. I do remember you, we were waiting for our visas at the same time and I was constantly checking the timelines.

I'm currently working on the citizenship application as well. Good luck with everything!
Old May 16th 2009, 8:56 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redlion
Well what can i tell you, some of you will remember me and some of you wont but here goes. We have finally after two long years got our own house with the obligatory pool of course and we couldnt be happier. I said this in my last update but this was deffinately the best move for us, everything has worked out brilliantly, we just love it here. I know all the stories about isolation boredom etc etc but that just hasnt been the case for us. We have both got good jobs although i didnt start off with a brilliant job, just cleaning window blinds and repairing them, now i work as a juvenile custodial officer and i love my job. The last two years have flown by but we also feel like we have been here longer, i think thats down to us feeling so settled in perth. Yes Perth can be quiet but actually right now quiet suits us down to the ground. Our daughter has done beyond our expectations in her schooling considering she had just moved to secondary school in uk 3 months before we left and then went back to primary when we got here and is now back in high school.

So what next? well citizenship i reckon, we will start the process now and get it done, that was one of our targets when we arrived, get to citizenship and see what happens from there. Well we are making roots buying a home and although if i am to be totally honest i still dont say the word 'home' it is certainly starting to feel that way. Have there been any negatives? well yes there have been one or two but not enough for me to want to say anything about or to make me question us being here. Life has its ups and downs, its up to you to make what you can out of them. Life is good for us guys and thats what i wanted to tell you all. Im sorry if this seems a little roses around the door but for those who do remember me they will know i say things as i see them and right now this is how i see life for me and my wife and daughter.

For those who are in the process, good luck to you. Think positive but above all i still, stand by what i said right back at the beginning, MAKE SURE this is what you really want, if it is then it can potentialy change your life.

Cheers guys

Nev
Wow Nev

That 2 years has gone so fast!!!!

Well done to the putting down of roots with your own home... i hope you have many more happy years to come

xxxxx

Good luck with the citizenship.... it's not as painful as you think lol
Old May 17th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

hi nev, so glad your settled and i'm even happier to hear something positive about perth. you hear so many bad reports on perth. myself the wife and kids are perth bound as soon as we sell house, need to validate visa by nov 09 so will be out mid oct for holiday if needs be
Old May 20th 2009, 1:28 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
hi nev, so glad your settled and i'm even happier to hear something positive about perth. you hear so many bad reports on perth. myself the wife and kids are perth bound as soon as we sell house, need to validate visa by nov 09 so will be out mid oct for holiday if needs be
Its good that you will be having a holiday to check the place out, i would reccomend that every time if its possible. Good luck with the house sale and good luck with the move

Nev
Old May 20th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nev, well done 2 years down the road! We were on your spreadsheet for the October 06s I think the year was? Well we are still stuck here in Scotland although we have been over and validated our visas in 2007 so we will be out shortly once the dreaded housing market picks up! (Saying that makes me feel better).

All the best buddy and keep up the good work!

John & Stella
Old May 21st 2009, 8:48 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Nice update. I do remember you, we were waiting for our visas at the same time and I was constantly checking the timelines.

I'm currently working on the citizenship application as well. Good luck with everything!
Well done Nev mate, happy for you !!Likewise Comet !
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

cheers nev, quickie for ya seen as your in perth, is the work front as bad as everybody says?
Old May 27th 2009, 10:10 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

aaawwww, it seems like just yesterday we were all stressing about who'd get a case officer first etc...... Glad to hear life is going well for you all. Long may it continue