Three Years.

Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Three Years.

Yup it's that time again. Three years (plus a couple of days) since we landed in sunny Brissie. Where's that sun gone, can we have it back please.

What's the last year been about? Well, erm, let's think....
December: First Born was diagnosed as Epileptic. Daily meds for the foreseeable future. Christmas happened.
January: Nothing in particular. Rained an awful lot.
February: Wrote off car. All fine (except car obviously). Youngest became a teenager. Rained some more.
March: Finally booked Citizenship Test - couldn't fit me in until May. Got a Honda CR-V - love it love it love it. First Born got her first job. Tiddler got a hair cut - major event, she'd been growing it for years.
April: Hubby moved the grey water tank. Huge event. Had a visit from old friends over from NZ.
May: Took Citizenship Test. Passed. Applied for Citizenship and got date through for June! Getting chilly.
June: Had Citizenship Ceremony - two days before taking first trip back to the UK so went with no passport. No problem whatsoever. Getting chillier.
July: UK ok, weather good and bad. People the same, lives the same, not much changed. Didn't hear one Polish voice or anyone else foreign come to that (except us apparently )
August: Very very cold winter.
September: Lots of birthdays, main one this year was First Born turned 16 . Jacked in VMR. Creek completely silted up, no boats going anywhere, view was brilliant but not enough to keep me occupied. Tiddler went to Sydney without us to compete in the National Championships for Cheerleading. Came away with a First and a Third. She's a star. Weather thinking about warming up.
October: Finally got round to getting passport. Rained some.
November: First Born passed her Learners - help! She also got a job at Woolies. Hubby busy on extension to house. It's raining again. Seems to have been a link for the year. Weather has not been the best all year.

If anyone is still interested, feel free to read the blog

Oh and if anyone cares, yes we like it here and don't intend going anywhere anytime soon.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three Years.

Nice one MP, even if there is lots of rain your way

I have a CRV as well....... must admit missed my little purple machine at first but now I love it, first time I've ever had a "grown ups" car
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi Moneypen..
sounds similiar to us, although we have only been here just over a year..
Lots of rain.. and other events.. Our daughter got her first job, and managed to save over $4000 towards a car. She passed her P's last week.. and got a little second hand hatchback yesterday.. finished school and is now feeling very independent.
We really enjoy life on the gold coast, and are glad that we chose to live here. All the best for the years to come...
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:07 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yup it's that time again. Three years (plus a couple of days) since we landed in sunny Brissie. Where's that sun gone, can we have it back please.

What's the last year been about? Well, erm, let's think....
December: First Born was diagnosed as Epileptic. Daily meds for the foreseeable future. Christmas happened.
January: Nothing in particular. Rained an awful lot.
February: Wrote off car. All fine (except car obviously). Youngest became a teenager. Rained some more.
March: Finally booked Citizenship Test - couldn't fit me in until May. Got a Honda CR-V - love it love it love it. First Born got her first job. Tiddler got a hair cut - major event, she'd been growing it for years.
April: Hubby moved the grey water tank. Huge event. Had a visit from old friends over from NZ.
May: Took Citizenship Test. Passed. Applied for Citizenship and got date through for June! Getting chilly.
June: Had Citizenship Ceremony - two days before taking first trip back to the UK so went with no passport. No problem whatsoever. Getting chillier.
July: UK ok, weather good and bad. People the same, lives the same, not much changed. Didn't hear one Polish voice or anyone else foreign come to that (except us apparently )
August: Very very cold winter.
September: Lots of birthdays, main one this year was First Born turned 16 . Jacked in VMR. Creek completely silted up, no boats going anywhere, view was brilliant but not enough to keep me occupied. Tiddler went to Sydney without us to compete in the National Championships for Cheerleading. Came away with a First and a Third. She's a star. Weather thinking about warming up.
October: Finally got round to getting passport. Rained some.
November: First Born passed her Learners - help! She also got a job at Woolies. Hubby busy on extension to house. It's raining again. Seems to have been a link for the year. Weather has not been the best all year.

If anyone is still interested, feel free to read the blog

Oh and if anyone cares, yes we like it here and don't intend going anywhere anytime soon.
Good update.....and yes I do read your blog
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:59 pm
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

good to hear about your year and I will have a look at your blog
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

gosh, have you been there 3 years already!??

great update
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Good on yer Pen
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:54 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one, ya old bag.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Great update.

Epilepsy is a bit of a shock to the system, my daughter was diagnosed a couple of years ago. Took me a while to get my head round it.
Hope your daughter is doing well.

Gems
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:53 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Three years Pen. Gone in a flash. Mine coming up next year too.

Glad you still like it.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Congrats, hope you are going to celebrate

Jacqui
Old Dec 6th 2008, 12:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Congrats, hope you are going to celebrate

Jacqui
Err, no we didn't this year, oh hang on, we did get pizza's that night and wouldn't normally on a Monday We did the first two anniversaries though but somehow, it's no longer a big deal
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Err, no we didn't this year, oh hang on, we did get pizza's that night and wouldn't normally on a Monday We did the first two anniversaries though but somehow, it's no longer a big deal
True, however, we have reached our 3 years of setting foot on Australian soil today, and cos its the weekend, we intend to go out for a nice lunch and sink a few bottles of South aussie vino

Jacqui
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:37 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

3 Years Pen

Good for you

Yes i read the blog....tis the only way i get to keep up with what your up to these days

one day we'll get organised back on MSN eh???
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Sam
3 Years Pen

Good for you

Yes i read the blog....tis the only way i get to keep up with what your up to these days

one day we'll get organised back on MSN eh???
Definitely. Unfortunately Tiddler's laptop has lost all internet stuff and we can't work out how to put it back so she's taking mine every evening to MSN all her mates - selfish mare I only get it back when I'm ready for bed myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.