Roller coaster

Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Roller coaster

We've now been in Australia for 12 months (and 8 days), Didn't think we'd make it this far but we have
It's been a constant roller coaster ride for all of us: Seans dad died in Melbourne just as we set off from the UK, so we had that to deal with when we arrived, his sister not coming to terms with her dads death, moving from melbourne to S.A and starting from scratch again, kids initally hating all things aus, then all things S.A!!
Sean took so long to settle down, there was almost constant talk of going back to UK, but kids didn't want it, i didn't want it and thankfully he seen the light and decided Aus was the place we wanted to be, the reasons we left the UK are still valid as are the reasons we chose australia to start a new life.

Regrets? One.......... That we moved to Melbourne first, we should have come straight to S.A: for us its "right", we feel like we're home here, we didn't get that feeling in melbourne and feel that we wasted close to 9 months working that out. In saying that though we have learnt a lot, we're closer as a family now than we've ever been.

The homesickness that was initally part of everyday life has all but gone, with only the occasional pang, all the strange new things in everyday life are no longer strange and new they're "normal"

We're all looking forward to the next 12 months and the next and the next ............

Maria
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:39 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roller coaster

Not an ideal start to your new life I imagine! Congrats on your first year and on finding a little bit of Oz to call your home.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:45 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
We've now been in Australia for 12 months (and 8 days), Didn't think we'd make it this far but we have
It's been a constant roller coaster ride for all of us: Seans dad died in Melbourne just as we set off from the UK, so we had that to deal with when we arrived, his sister not coming to terms with her dads death, moving from melbourne to S.A and starting from scratch again, kids initally hating all things aus, then all things S.A!!
Sean took so long to settle down, there was almost constant talk of going back to UK, but kids didn't want it, i didn't want it and thankfully he seen the light and decided Aus was the place we wanted to be, the reasons we left the UK are still valid as are the reasons we chose australia to start a new life.

Regrets? One.......... That we moved to Melbourne first, we should have come straight to S.A: for us its "right", we feel like we're home here, we didn't get that feeling in melbourne and feel that we wasted close to 9 months working that out. In saying that though we have learnt a lot, we're closer as a family now than we've ever been.

The homesickness that was initally part of everyday life has all but gone, with only the occasional pang, all the strange new things in everyday life are no longer strange and new they're "normal"

We're all looking forward to the next 12 months and the next and the next ............

Maria
Cool all things seem to have settled nicely.........were waiting on our VISA then we will heading down your way pretty much as soon as we can.

Respect to you guys for sticking with it and working through the hard times
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

All the best and good to hear that S.A is the place for you.

Debbie
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seanandmaria

Maria

Maria,

Not a very happy start to your new life having to support a family through a terrible loss.

I am pleased that you are happy now and feel at home in Adelaide. Can you tell me where were you in Melbourne? What was it that was not right for you?

I have two children 11 and 8 and am planning on moving over to Mount Eliza, South Frankston area of Melbourne and wondered if you could enlighten me as to your thoughts to Melbourne. Was it to large a city? did you live in the wrong area?

I would be grateful to hear you view and I realise that it is each to their own but I would value your honesty of your opinion on Melbourne.

Cheryl
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:55 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

What an awful start to your new life.

Great to hear that things are improving day by day though. It definitely is a roller coaster - no two ways about it.

We've been here 16 months now and things are starting to feel more normal than they were. Last year was a practice run - this summer will be for real

Onwards & upwards

Rach xxxx
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Maria,

I am pleased that you are happy now and feel at home in Adelaide. Can you tell me where were you in Melbourne? What was it that was not right for you?

........... wondered if you could enlighten me as to your thoughts to Melbourne. Was it to large a city? did you live in the wrong area?

Cheryl
There are a few reasons why melbourne wasnt for us, we lived in a relatively small town in the UK, and melbourne was just huge/busy in comparison. The area we lived was quite nice (imo), cant possibly say it would have been different if we'd lived in another area, Traffic was a nightmare even in the outer suburbs, I know a number of expats though that love melbourne and wouldn't dream of moving, i guess it's each to their own

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo

We've been here 16 months now and things are starting to feel more normal than they were. Last year was a practice run - this summer will be for real

Onwards & upwards

Rach xxxx
Like the positivity in that Rach, can't wait to hit the wineries this summer

Maria
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

good post. Sorry you had such a difficult start but well done for sticking with it. Really glad life getting better for you all.