Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ponging back..countdown

Originally Posted by Margaret3
yep pete definitely wins
Thanks Margaret, just trying to keep the shipping companies in business
Old Sep 29th 2012, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

...boy is the shipping expensive!

we are now in an airport lounge waiting for our flight to Singapore- heading back down under...
Old Sep 30th 2012, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Safe flight!

How do you feel about leaving the UK again now you are on your way?

I've heard stories that moving interstate here is as expensive as coming out from the UK!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

happy landings!
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim

How do you feel about leaving the UK again now you are on your way?
I felt surprisingly sad at leaving my lovely lovely friends (we had a bbq and invited all from various spots and several cried- which set me off) and they have been truly amazing.
Equally surprising my sister to whom I was always close, did not even call to say goodbye -and my brother (not esp close) was upset.

But all in all, it seems the right time to leave and embark upon our next adventure. Cold weather and rain was just the right tipping point!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 1:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best and welcome home
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

You are probably here by now....to cold and rain! Slow start to spring this year!

Hope you had a good journey
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:03 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pomster
We were in Melbourne for 10 years, company dragged me back to UK to give me the elbow, and we decided to make it a sort of gap 18 months....which became 2 years as my mother was ill.

We always planned to return to Melbourne but it is strange now that we are packing and sorting, that I am feeling a bit wobbly! I know it is the right thing, especially for our small daughter, and we had a lovely life out there, with some fab friends, but sometimes the comfort factor seems to be of utmost importance.

Family have not been around for us much (despite living reasonably close), so I guess my comfort factor is not madly wanting to pack up, find a school for daughter and find a new job again. My employer has been lovely and has let me work part time to be able to pack the house up etc and the thought of job hunting again is a pain.

It will all be OK once we are back I'm sure. It seems such bloody hard work right now!
Hi. I can totally relate to your experience. I lived in Sydney/Melbourne for 5 years then moved back to Uk in 2004 as I missed certain things and got homesick etc. Came back to oz in 2009 for a holiday and decided to apply for PR. Moved to London etc and got sidetracked until I went back for a 6 months holiday nov 2011 to may 2012. I have definetely decided to come back to Melbourne and just passed IELTS test. Plan is to have a month therevas a holiday in march with view to moving back end of 2013. Am I doing the right thing? I believe so but know it will be tough but I just love the lifestyle! Hope it works out for you