Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Woo hoo

Nae goin back noo is thur
There never was SC, everyone who knows us has known for ages that we were going to Australia but I think they thought we were at it or it we were just talking about it due to the time it has taken to reach this point! Now they are all in shock at the speed of our house sale and our departure date and many of them cannot come to terms with it! Well we did tell them!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
There never was SC, everyone who knows us has known for ages that we were going to Australia but I think they thought we were at it or it we were just talking about it due to the time it has taken to reach this point! Now they are all in shock at the speed of our house sale and our departure date and many of them cannot come to terms with it! Well we did tell them!
Well done mate!!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:42 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ginny, Stella says 'Hello', we are sitting writing out the invites for the farewell party, the hall holds 150 and we have sent out about 300 invites assuming everyone turns up! Its the 'Glesga Fair' and the schools have stopped so we don't expect everyone to turn up although the Club will have a problem if they all do!

Got our flights booked, shippers and party booked, suppose thats just about everything, still hundreds to clear out / clear up in the house and at work. Stella finished her last flight last night and the boys finished up at school on Friday! Now its for real!

John & Stella
Got meself some goosebumps remembering all the organising and rushing around. Tough but well worth it. Remember to shout if you need anything, place to crash for a few days, taxi service etc. Say hi to Stella and will catch up on this side of the globe!

Ginny x
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stitch
Got meself some goosebumps remembering all the organising and rushing around. Tough but well worth it. Remember to shout if you need anything, place to crash for a few days, taxi service etc. Say hi to Stella and will catch up on this side of the globe!

Ginny x
We've got short term furnished rental organised for arrival for 10 days from the people we rented from before who we are now friends with following our validation trip in 2007 and who we speak to every week. They are looking out for an unfurnished for us at the moment and will hopefully have some for us to look at when we get there and have also got their contacts looking out too!

We will definitely shout if we need anything and will contact you when we get there and arrange a meet up

Take care Ginny and looking forward to seeing you soon!

John, Stella and boys x
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The pressure is starting to get to me, in fact it has been getting to me since we received the offer for the house! I have ran about daft all day clearing out my 'builder's lock up' and selling (what a joke giving away more like) all my tools and equipment that I won't be bringing with me and then chasing the payment for same from 'the highway robbers' who've bought it!

Stella has been great getting things packed and organised for the shippers coming in on monday 13th whereas I on the otherhand have all the tools that I'm bringing with me to sort out, clean and box up whilst trying to get 2 jobs put to bed before we go away! Both jobs are for relatives and one was nearing completion yesterday when my sis in law decided to make changes late in the game and have me effing and blinding at her and everyone else!

Meanwhile, everybody keeps phoning or popping in to visit us when we still have shitloads to be getting on with! I have taken 5 to write my thoughts in the calm that is my home, Stella's at the hairdressers and my 3 boys are out playing football, there is no TV on and the silence is deafening! Yeah I can just about hear you all laughing, the ones that are there remembering and the ones that have it still to do saying 'that'll never be us', well ah canny sit oan here aw night bleatin when ah've got visitor's coming at 8 to say farewell as they are going on holiday prior to us leaving!

We'll get round to finishing off our packing later, we are 'last minute.com'! I will not relax until we are on that flight!

Keep believing!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:17 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

The pressure is starting to get to me, in fact it has been getting to me since we received the offer for the house! I have ran about daft all day clearing out my 'builder's lock up' and selling (what a joke giving away more like) all my tools and equipment that I won't be bringing with me and then chasing the payment for same from 'the highway robbers' who've bought it!

Stella has been great getting things packed and organised for the shippers coming in on monday 13th whereas I on the otherhand have all the tools that I'm bringing with me to sort out, clean and box up whilst trying to get 2 jobs put to bed before we go away! Both jobs are for relatives and one was nearing completion yesterday when my sis in law decided to make changes late in the game and have me effing and blinding at her and everyone else!

Meanwhile, everybody keeps phoning or popping in to visit us when we still have shitloads to be getting on with! I have taken 5 to write my thoughts in the calm that is my home, Stella's at the hairdressers and my 3 boys are out playing football, there is no TV on and the silence is deafening! Yeah I can just about hear you all laughing, the ones that are there remembering and the ones that have it still to do saying 'that'll never be us', well ah canny sit oan here aw night bleatin when ah've got visitor's coming at 8 to say farewell as they are going on holiday prior to us leaving!

We'll get round to finishing off our packing later, we are 'last minute.com'! I will not relax until we are on that flight!

Keep believing!

See you on the other side! And yes I was one of the one's laughing and remembering

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello everyone, well that's the farewell party over and done with, we've settled up and moved out of our house (staying at Stella's friends whilst they are on holiday) and we are now officially living out of suitcases!

We have to split up from tomorrow both of us going to spend our last 2 nights at our respective parents homes prior to our departure to Brisbane on wednesday 22nd so there won't be many more posts from us until we get Down Under!

It has been what seems like an epic journey both timewise and emotionally but we are now at the coal face as they say and looking forward to Australia. Many thanks to everyone for their support and cyber friendship which will continue on the other side, you all know whoo you are? Or do you?

Love & many thanks

John, Stella, Calum, Luke & Adam x
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:23 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone, well that's the farewell party over and done with, we've settled up and moved out of our house (staying at Stella's friends whilst they are on holiday) and we are now officially living out of suitcases!

We have to split up from tomorrow both of us going to spend our last 2 nights at our respective parents homes prior to our departure to Brisbane on wednesday 22nd so there won't be many more posts from us until we get Down Under!

It has been what seems like an epic journey both timewise and emotionally but we are now at the coal face as they say and looking forward to Australia. Many thanks to everyone for their support and cyber friendship which will continue on the other side, you all know whoo you are? Or do you?

Love & many thanks

GOOD LUCK LR

Hope everything goes well for you and your family.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,
Havent posted here before but came across this post a couple of weeks ago and we were gripped as we read about your families ups and downs....
We love a happy ending and it would appear thats exactly what has happened

All the best in Brissie.......... live the dream

Matt Rach n Ole
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck John to you and your family. We hope you have a very succesful move and a wonderful life in Oz! All the best

Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:26 pm
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

Congratulations hope everything goes well
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:55 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Love & many thanks

Good luck guys. An emotional time but will be worth it. Looking forward to catching up on this side. Tell Stella I'm looking forward to a night out!

Call if you need anything.

Cheers

Ginny x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Keep Going!
We started about March 07. Thoughyt we would get there August 08. Had a job interview Sept 07 and still not there.
Sold the house sstc 2 weeks ago for the 3rd time and now crossing our fingers for October flights.
Frustrating when you see people who are going who started late 08 but then I think we have had loads of time to reswearch and lots of time to get used to the idea.
I really hope you have good luck soon. Have seen your name on the forum and thought you were there!
Will keep fingers crossed - the market is changing slightly and remember that it is hopefully panning out - more mortgages given this month!
Will look out for you and some good news soon,
Lou and Barkers
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Have just read the last post and realised I missed the 1 where you say you are off!! wHAT A MUPPET!
Fab news then and no sympathy needed, just a big
Well, hope the luck continues and we get there in October.
Have fun, you have waited long enough!
Lou (the muppet ).
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi folks, arrived in Brisbane 01.30 on 24th July, staying in furnished rental in McDowall, viewed an unfurnished in Bridgeman Downs yesterday and another 4 today in Carseldine! Need to get one quickly as we are due out of the furnished rental on friday 1st August!

Got Aussie SIM cards for our mobiles today, suffering a bit with jet lag although not as bad as it was in 2007 on our validation trip, I think it should settle down in another couple of days. Our container is scheduled to arrive on 27th August all going well.

Bank to activate accounts, tax file numbers, rental applications tomorrow. Medicare, schools on tuesday and then cars and jobs thereafter.

The joys of being an ex-pat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.