British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   One week in :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/one-week-444102/)

Phoenix Apr 22nd 2007 2:37 pm

One week in :)

Well apart from the jetlag which seems to be doggin us all at them minute - and you'd be surprised what you can blame on it - like putting orange juice in my tea instead of milk etc - all is well in the Phoenix household.

House is fantastic - weather has been kind - Middle daughter starts college in Drama Academy in the morning.

Youngest hoping to get in this week when they go back as on hols at min.

Roley is lovely :)

I stopped smoking when I left the Uk and haven't touched one since.

Kids are finding ok thus far.

I remembered how to drive and where I am mostly.

Downside is dreams jeez do I have dreams :blink: I never had those in the uk - in fact I was so disappointed when I got up the other morning as I 'hadn't' had my hair cut - Doh where they coming from !!!

Registered with medicare - just tfn to do - car insurance - pah so cheap !!!

Aussie TV is rubbish - and I hardly have time to get online.

One week in - Cooooooooooooooooooool :D

mindblower Apr 22nd 2007 3:28 pm

Re: One week in :)

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk (Post 4680885)
Well apart from the jetlag which seems to be doggin us all at them minute - and you'd be surprised what you can blame on it - like putting orange juice in my tea instead of milk etc - all is well in the Phoenix household.

House is fantastic - weather has been kind - Middle daughter starts college in Drama Academy in the morning.

Downside is dreams jeez do I have dreams :blink: I never had those in the uk - in fact I was so disappointed when I got up the other morning as I 'hadn't' had my hair cut - Doh where they coming from !!!

All the best...keep us posted.

aston man Apr 22nd 2007 3:30 pm

good on you...

deb-n-rob2006 Apr 22nd 2007 3:35 pm

welcome to perth.

in seville grove, anything you need just mail,
well done and just wait for the jet lad to hit

debbie

mick69 Apr 22nd 2007 4:07 pm

Well done and good on ya!!

Lynne :)

paula&lee Apr 22nd 2007 6:07 pm

Great to hear from you so soon, all the best and keep the update coming

Paula xx

JOHN G BLOOM Apr 22nd 2007 7:29 pm

Good to know..keep us posted on how you are getting on

northernbird Apr 23rd 2007 5:06 am

Well done you and a belated Welcome to Perth. Anything you need just shout xx

thpinkpussycat Apr 23rd 2007 7:54 am

Welcome to Perth and dont forget theres the Thursday Lunch at Hillarys Quay Cafe every week, so pop a long when you are ready

Sam

northernbird Apr 23rd 2007 7:58 am

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat (Post 4683678)
Welcome to Perth and dont forget theres the Thursday Lunch at Hillarys Quay Cafe every week, so pop a long when you are ready

Sam

and The Boat at Mindarie on Tuesdays at 12pm.

thpinkpussycat Apr 23rd 2007 8:02 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 4683684)
and The Boat at Mindarie on Tuesdays at 12pm.

Yes sorry I forget about them:o

northernbird Apr 23rd 2007 8:04 am

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat (Post 4683690)
Yes sorry I forget about them:o

I'm hurt :lol:

Karl & Ann Apr 23rd 2007 11:07 am

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006 (Post 4681021)
in seville grove

Hi deb-n-rob (and sorry to Phoenix for hijacking the thread). What's Seville Grove like please, as the Armadale area is a realistic option for us.

Cheers
Karl

clanwylie Apr 23rd 2007 11:14 am

Welcome to Perth:rofl:

deb-n-rob2006 Apr 24th 2007 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann (Post 4684318)
Hi deb-n-rob (and sorry to Phoenix for hijacking the thread). What's Seville Grove like please, as the Armadale area is a realistic option for us.

Cheers
Karl

Hi there karl ,

Armadale had a bad rep a while ago, but since we have been here i havent witnessed anything. they are building a brand new HUGE shopping complex in the town centre , which is open but it wont be fully finished until after Xmas.

there are a few houses for sale in the Seville Drive area , look at o'neils , .
the place we are inis a rental which is a 2x4 with a nice garden and is only $250.00 pw . rentals are few and far between, but they are out there.

Westfield is around the corner and again there are some nice houses there too. bits of kelmscott are nice too and so is gosnells , great pub there called the Gosnells Hotel,/Ogdens Restaurant. if you have kids its a great place to party without worrying about them , look it up.
We are near to the Tonkin highway and Albany highway, and the other day it only took me 20 mins to get to perth up the kwinana freeway. instead of taking the albany which takes about an hour. i'm not sure if we will be staying in the area , as i have an 18yrs old who would like to be a bit closer to the city , ( i have told her to get work ha ha . and we may be able to get a place closer (as the prices go up alot) .

have you applied for a visa yet ??? and when are you thinking of coming over .

debs