My Update

Old May 28th 2008, 8:34 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Update

[QUOTE=Professional Princess;6403288]What does codeine do on its own? thats what I dont get.

Just thought that I'd add to the effect of Codeine linctus, and how it works, because I'm a bit of an anorak!

Codeine suppresses reflex actions in order...
the gag reflex is first to be affected, at a low dose this just stops you coughing at every tickle. If you have a chesty productive cough, you shouldn't take it because the Phlegm can make you choke!
If you take too much you can suppress your respiratory reflexes... an overdose will stop you from breathing, because it's an reflex action not a conscious decision! Don't worry though, you'd probably need a couple of bottles to kill yourself!
I hope that you have some laxatives handy though, it really can play havoc with your bowels!!! (tmi!)
Old May 29th 2008, 12:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=alipally;6406434]
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
What does codeine do on its own? thats what I dont get.

Just thought that I'd add to the effect of Codeine linctus, and how it works, because I'm a bit of an anorak!

Codeine suppresses reflex actions in order...
the gag reflex is first to be affected, at a low dose this just stops you coughing at every tickle. If you have a chesty productive cough, you shouldn't take it because the Phlegm can make you choke!
If you take too much you can suppress your respiratory reflexes... an overdose will stop you from breathing, because it's an reflex action not a conscious decision! Don't worry though, you'd probably need a couple of bottles to kill yourself!
I hope that you have some laxatives handy though, it really can play havoc with your bowels!!! (tmi!)

Ive got a very productive cough - people were staring at me on the train this morning as I sound like an old woman.

I am going to stop taking it. Im taking paracetomol and codeine tablets to stop my chest pain which has helped but its funny when I take the codeine medicine, my cough sort of dries up and then after a few hours, comes back with a vengeance!

Thanks for that, deffo going to stop taking it.

Bloody hell though my head, stomach, chest and just about everything hurt when I cough. It is going to be a long day at work today
Old May 29th 2008, 1:05 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

On the drug topic....
m still taking co codamol, usually just 2 or 4 a day, some days i havnt needed any..but im running out now.
What is the equivilent over here?
My uk DR insisting on writing me an extra script for codine but i dont like taking that as it nails me completely.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:34 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Co codamol is paracetamol and codeine phosphate.

You I think that it's 8mg of codeine phosphate per tablet (there are stronger ones that are 15mg per tablet, so look on the box)

You can make your own mix using the codeine tablets prescribed, they're usually around 30mg.... so two paracetamol and 1 codeine phosphate will be the equivalent to 2 co codamol!
Hope that helps. If the doc has given you dihydracodeine then just take half a tab with the paracetamol as they're a bit stronger, if you're struggling to break them in half, you can get a tablet cutter from the pharmacy!

Ali x
Sorry PP I've hijacked your thread, if you're not coughing up stuff at night then it will probably be good for you to take it then... alternatively you can get an expectorant from the chemist, it will help 'move' all that stuff on your chest!
Old May 29th 2008, 10:25 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Then is the look of horror on peoples faces when they realise you don't have a house AND a car.
You aren't what you own. You are who you are. Bugger the pretensious morons who equate material posessions with value as a human being.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:02 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
You aren't what you own. You are who you are. Bugger the pretensious morons who equate material posessions with value as a human being.
Well said and my thoughts exactly.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:25 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
codeine linctus is a cough suppresant ... it has an analgesic effect from the codeine (which is an opioid analgesic) so generally if you have a hacking cough thats painful its great stuff
I so wish the US hadn't banned all OTC codeine cough medicine and pain killers. If you ask your doctor for a script they generally look at you like you're a junkie.

My very strict Baptist mother made a daring run to the off-licence in the 70s to buy whisky to make whisky-lemon-honey cough syrup for my brother.

I have a stash for when I *absolutely have to have it* but I have also found that chewing a piece of gum will help with the tickly throat I get when I'm trying to go to sleep.

And I've just found some research that eating 50 g of dark chocolate (not milk chocolate) will give you enough theobromine to suppress a cough!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I so wish the US hadn't banned all OTC codeine cough medicine and pain killers. If you ask your doctor for a script they generally look at you like you're a junkie.

My very strict Baptist mother made a daring run to the off-licence in the 70s to buy whisky to make whisky-lemon-honey cough syrup for my brother.

I have a stash for when I *absolutely have to have it* but I have also found that chewing a piece of gum will help with the tickly throat I get when I'm trying to go to sleep.

And I've just found some research that eating 50 g of dark chocolate (not milk chocolate) will give you enough theobromine to suppress a cough!
Do I read a little request between the lines.....
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:59 pm

New update!

Yesterday Mr PP and I did the Freo to Perth boat tour and on the way back as we looked to our right, we saw 3 dolphins following the boat in.

My god they looked huge! Mr PP had his 'dolphin moment', everyone on the boat was yelling and pressing their noses up against the windows.

To see them that close up was amazing!

We had a lovely day on the beach that morning and had only decided to do the tour as a last minute thing as I have been feeling too crap to do anything too taxing (bloody sodding glands swollen now )

Fanbloodytastic it was, I can't believe how lucky I am to see the dolphins this much!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:08 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

New update!

Yesterday Mr PP and I did the Freo to Perth boat tour and on the way back as we looked to our right, we saw 3 dolphins following the boat in.

My god they looked huge! Mr PP had his 'dolphin moment', everyone on the boat was yelling and pressing their noses up against the windows.

To see them that close up was amazing!

We had a lovely day on the beach that morning and had only decided to do the tour as a last minute thing as I have been feeling too crap to do anything too taxing (bloody sodding glands swollen now )

Fanbloodytastic it was, I can't believe how lucky I am to see the dolphins this much!
i think your "glands" look great
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by steve`o
i think your "glands" look great
Steve'o, it is a good job you are not in Perth, you would be a bad influence on me

You leave my glands alone - the ones in my neck and groin that is.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:40 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Whoo hoo on the dolphins...its magical isnt it...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Whoo hoo on the dolphins...its magical isnt it...
Im getting greedy now, I want whales and sealions
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Im getting greedy now, I want whales and sealions

I saw them in Alaska two weeks ago ... fantastic to see them in the ocean and in their natural habitat.

Also saw a Mama Grizzly with her two cubs.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
I saw them in Alaska two weeks ago ... fantastic to see them in the ocean and in their natural habitat.

Also saw a Mama Grizzly with her two cubs.
Now that is greedy

We are going to do the swim with dolphins tour and the whale watching tour in the summer.

I love my wildlife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.