My thoughts on Perth

Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:43 am
Just Joined

skydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the rough
Default My thoughts on Perth

Not really done much posting on this site. But i found Brit expats a very useful place. So here is our progress.
We being Myself my partner and my 11 month old son arrived in Perth via Emirates on the 23rd October. We had had prebooked a rental via the internet. My Job was in place and we came on a 457 visa which has its downfalls I know. We are really happy everything seems to just have slotted onto place.
But what helped us most was the hospitality of the people we had our short term rental from. The house in Kinross was beautifully clean and had just everything in it, even down to an eskey for picnics. Phil and Karen his partner were just so helpful in pointing us in the right direction, all the questions we asked seemd to be amswered with a genuine regard for our future. Do not know if I am allowed but here is Phils email address [email protected] in case anyone else would like to check out their rental, Its by way of a thank you for all their help. It was reasonably priced and because it was so clean and comfortable it gave us just the best start.

After 1 month we found a permanent rental in Sinagra again Phil told us where to look and how to get approved. We have made friends through work and on the beach and perhaps beacause we are still in our twenties we take everyday as it comes. Now instead of going down the pub I go Jetskiing, beach volleyball,cycling and go down the local dog beach with my dog, you just want to see her tail wag. So that is us happy in Perth so happy we are applying for residency. We have been homesick, we have been nervous, but generally we have had a great start to our new life.Oh by the way My Job is just great too.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My thoughts on Perth

Glad you are enjoying your new life so much - long may it continue, good luck with your p.r.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I`m really pleased for you,glad its all fell into place, as emmigrating is and & can be very stressful! is the work situation in Perth good, I know this is a vague question, but in general are there lots of jobs advertised in the paper etc?

bluekipper
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

skydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the rough

I was very lucky as I had been to Perth 2 years ealier for a holiday, fell in love with Perth and secured my employment, I am a motor Tech by the way. I am not in the highest paid sector, but I work hard then the money is good enough. You have to way up the lifestyle, the prices of everything has risen dramatically in Perth especially the houses and I think people are feeling the pinch. The west Australian newspaper can be veiwed online, there is a job section as well as houses etc. The building industry went bonkers for a while and I think a lot of self empoyed brickies, chippy's etc came but there seems to be a lull at present in work for those trades. The friends I have made are Aussies and Poms (excuse the Pun) that have been here for years, I think I have been very lucky, where as in the UK I worked in the same garage from an apprentice and was treated like a dogsbody I would never have moved on. I have found that The perth person is open and to the point and as long as you are like that back you get on fine. They do say they are crying out for workers so check out the West Australian and make some calls. I am earning more money in Aus than I was in the UK Rent is 370dollars a week but utilities are less. things like car insurance, electric. Food I would say is about the same as uk. Hope that all helps
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Hi Skydog, yep thats helpful,, we lived in Adelaide for over a year and know about amenities etc etc, just work front in Perth were interested in, Australia has gone more expensive in many things, like you say it depends on what you want and what your priorieties are! glad alls well

bluekipper
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

Heartening news, Pleased for ya.

Dave
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by skydog
Not really done much posting on this site. But i found Brit expats a very useful place. So here is our progress.
We being Myself my partner and my 11 month old son arrived in Perth via Emirates on the 23rd October. We had had prebooked a rental via the internet. My Job was in place and we came on a 457 visa which has its downfalls I know. We are really happy everything seems to just have slotted onto place.
But what helped us most was the hospitality of the people we had our short term rental from. The house in Kinross was beautifully clean and had just everything in it, even down to an eskey for picnics. Phil and Karen his partner were just so helpful in pointing us in the right direction, all the questions we asked seemd to be amswered with a genuine regard for our future. Do not know if I am allowed but here is Phils email address [email protected] in case anyone else would like to check out their rental, Its by way of a thank you for all their help. It was reasonably priced and because it was so clean and comfortable it gave us just the best start.

After 1 month we found a permanent rental in Sinagra again Phil told us where to look and how to get approved. We have made friends through work and on the beach and perhaps beacause we are still in our twenties we take everyday as it comes. Now instead of going down the pub I go Jetskiing, beach volleyball,cycling and go down the local dog beach with my dog, you just want to see her tail wag. So that is us happy in Perth so happy we are applying for residency. We have been homesick, we have been nervous, but generally we have had a great start to our new life.Oh by the way My Job is just great too.
Thats really good that everything is working out for you
we stayed in Kinross last year on holiday and think that we might end up back there Good luck Kate
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Thats really good that everything is working out for you
we stayed in Kinross last year on holiday and think that we might end up back there Good luck Kate
Glad it is all working out for you!!
We have been in kinross for 4 years now and are really happy.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Hi Skydog, glad its working out for you, hoping to be there soonish myself, one question, How Dog friendly is it in Perth, I was there some weeks ago and left with the impression that a lot of places are closed to our 4 legged friends, is this the case?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:46 am
Just Joined

My partner and I found the whole experience of shipping a dpg traumatic. We have a small Staff 4 years old, She is a real baby, The shipping company we used were lovely, she cost more than all our airfares put together. She hated being in the kennels and apparently cried the whole of the thirty days, then she got Kennel Cough although she had been vaccinated. We were really worried about her. However after a poorly foot and an upset stomach she returned to being every bit as daft as she was before. However I do not think I would ever put another dog through that again.
The rules in Perth are really the same as the UK its just that because you are in a new country yoou tend to abide by them more. There a few dog beaches and we love taking SKy there. If you are a person that takes their dog everywhere you would find it more restricting in Perth.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely positive post!
Well done to you!
Have some karma!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

GREAT TO HEAR EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR YOU ALL, MAY IT CONTINUE FOR EVER. THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL ADDRESS TOO, WE ARE HOPING TO BE OUT THERE BY AUG-DEC TIME, IF HOUSE SELLS HERE, AND THAT IS THE AREA WE WOULD BE LOOKING TO RENT FOR A WHILE, SO THATS COME IN REAL HANDY, THANKS AGAIN AND KEEP ENJOYING THE GOOD LIFE