Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Left the UK 2 weeks ago............

Left the UK 2 weeks ago............

Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future
Default Left the UK 2 weeks ago............

Hi all,

well we did it, we have actually emigrated to Australia, two weeks ago now and all seems to be going well up to now

we have moved to the gold coast, pacific pines to be exact, we have managed to secure a house rental and move in on the 17th july and our container has been cleared through customs so is arriving on the 17th also, we have bought ourselves a car (even though it is 10 years old) and sorted our car insurance out which seems to be quite cheap, sorted the bank account that we opened in the UK, got medicare card for family, applied for our tax reference numbers online, arranged a visit to the hospital where i am going to work in the very near future (mater hospital in brisbane).

Wondered if there was anyone who would like to meet up in the gold coast, we have 3 teenagers (18, 17, 13), the youngest will be going to pacific pines high, the other 2 will be off to college in the new year.

Josie Jo x
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Left the UK 2 weeks ago............

Hi Josie Jo

Welcome to Oz.Sorry Gold Coast is a bit far for us but well done on being so organised. Good luck with settling down.

Mx
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the move and welcome to the GC. Check out the Meet Ups forum. There's always something going on, and a fair few meets up your way. Enjoy your new lives.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:41 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

CONGRATULATIONS Hope you settle in well
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Yateleyhants is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by josie jo
Hi all,

well we did it, we have actually emigrated to Australia, two weeks ago now and all seems to be going well up to now

we have moved to the gold coast, pacific pines to be exact, we have managed to secure a house rental and move in on the 17th july and our container has been cleared through customs so is arriving on the 17th also, we have bought ourselves a car (even though it is 10 years old) and sorted our car insurance out which seems to be quite cheap, sorted the bank account that we opened in the UK, got medicare card for family, applied for our tax reference numbers online, arranged a visit to the hospital where i am going to work in the very near future (mater hospital in brisbane).

Wondered if there was anyone who would like to meet up in the gold coast, we have 3 teenagers (18, 17, 13), the youngest will be going to pacific pines high, the other 2 will be off to college in the new year.

Josie Jo x
Hi, congratulations in moving over to Oz. Just a quick question hows your teenagers coping with the move. I have two girls 14 & 17 and was just wondering how they found the move
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:32 am
Just Joined

gosfordkim is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done you have been very busy and sound like you are well organised! Sorry I am not near you as I am living in NSW just north of Sydney. My husband and I have been here for a month, but we originally came from Basingstoke in the UK and I went to school in Yateley. So when I saw where you were from I had to write a reply. Good luck to you and maybe we could keep in touch by email.
Kim
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Yateleyhants
Hi, congratulations in moving over to Oz. Just a quick question hows your teenagers coping with the move. I have two girls 14 & 17 and was just wondering how they found the move
they seem ok up to now, but it has only been 2 weeks, but they have always been very positive about the move, and we have always been very realistic about how difficult it will be! so far, so good!

josie jo
x
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gosfordkim
Well done you have been very busy and sound like you are well organised! Sorry I am not near you as I am living in NSW just north of Sydney. My husband and I have been here for a month, but we originally came from Basingstoke in the UK and I went to school in Yateley. So when I saw where you were from I had to write a reply. Good luck to you and maybe we could keep in touch by email.
Kim
Hi Kim, how's it going for you, are you all sorted after your big move?? we move into our rental on friday and are very excited!! it's been 10 weeks since we had our own house, we cant wait
Josie jo
x
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Scotty Claire Harry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Josie Jo x
Hi Josie Jo!

Congrats!! As your new life begins our quest for it is beggining!!

We've litrally just signed up with an agencie to get us on the road to living life down under!!! I looked at Pacific Pines myself and reallly want to move there!! So hopefully this time next year we'l be niebours!!

Sounds like you have everything organised and under control!!!! Be great to get lots of advice from your selves!!

Were scared but very exciting of our new future!! but we know we'l have a better living than here especially as we have a lil boy of 6 months... it's mainly to give him a better future!!!

Daunting prospect of not knowing any one or having friends thats why im soo pleased to have found this forum... hopefully a gate way to building up friendships!!

Look forward to chatting.

Claire
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Josie Jo x
Hi Josie Jo

grear to hear your update... all i can say is wow, you have done so much in 2 WEEKS....

we too are looking at pacific pines and would love to meet up when we get over there but we wont be there until Nov...

its great to hear your teenagers have settled well. we have a 16 year old girl (will be 17 when we move) and she is not looking forward to things as she feels she dosent know anyone, so im sure she will be up for a meet too...

i am looking to work at the gold coast hospital.. which i think is nearer but have also considered the Mater (midwifery)

our daughter has looked at going in to year 11 and 12 at PP high, as she has just finished her GCSEs, has your teenager thought of that..

keep in touch and let us know how you go with your move and work.. and look forward to seeing you when we arrive...

cheryl xxx
Old Jul 17th 2009, 5:31 am
Just Joined

gosfordkim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kim, how's it going for you, are you all sorted after your big move?? we move into our rental on friday and are very excited!! it's been 10 weeks since we had our own house, we cant wait
Josie jo
x
Hi Josie Jo
You are much further on than we are, after being here a month. We are still looking for more permanent accommodation, not as easy as we thought or maybe we are too fussy! Not sure I like the houses as they are built on poles and look like tree houses! Still we shall keep looking and hope to find something soon.
xx Kim
Old Jul 17th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Josie Jo, welcome to the Gold Coast.

We have been in Helensvale for 6 months now and are loving it. Just beginning to feel properly settled after what has been a really busy time.

My boys are 9 and 15 and I have to say I have been really impressed at how well they have settled. I know its early days but so far the signs are good and I really think that Australia will be our permanent home.

Hope it all continues to go well for you. Our "local" is the Bowls club on Discovery Drive if you ever fancy checking it out.

Take care,
Ren xx
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Josie Jo x

Wow! all that in 2 weeks!!!

That must be some record!

Anyway, congrats!
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Well done! Can I ask....what is the journey time from PP to the Mater hospital?

JOHN
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scotty Claire Harry
Hi Josie Jo!

Congrats!! As your new life begins our quest for it is beggining!!

We've litrally just signed up with an agencie to get us on the road to living life down under!!! I looked at Pacific Pines myself and reallly want to move there!! So hopefully this time next year we'l be niebours!!

Sounds like you have everything organised and under control!!!! Be great to get lots of advice from your selves!!

Were scared but very exciting of our new future!! but we know we'l have a better living than here especially as we have a lil boy of 6 months... it's mainly to give him a better future!!!

Daunting prospect of not knowing any one or having friends thats why im soo pleased to have found this forum... hopefully a gate way to building up friendships!!

Look forward to chatting.

Claire
Hi Claire,

sorry it's been so long since i have replied but it took us a while to get our internet connected!!!

great to hear form you & if you have any questions or need advice dont hesitate to ask me, you can always PM me,

its a very exciting time for you & very scary too!!!

i have been very homesick in the last couple of weeks but am feeling much better now

hopefully you will become our neighbour

keep in touch

jo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.