The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Just had some news from home, upsetting news, I can't go into any detail, but I will say that no-ones dead or dying, thank God. In saying that, the news is very upsetting and this is the first time ever, since moving here, that I've felt bad about being so far away. Really wish I could pop back to give some hugs out but it'd not be practical or sensible. Just feeling a bit upset and really incredibly far away!

EDIT: Anyone who is also a friend of mine on Facebook, please don't mention this, please!

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Mar 12th 2011 at 6:08 am.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

kazed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just had some news from home, upsetting news, I can't go into any detail, but I will say that no-ones dead or dying, thank God. In saying that, the news is very upsetting and this is the first time ever, since moving here, that I've felt bad about being so far away. Really wish I could pop back to give some hugs out but it'd not be practical or sensible. Just feeling a bit upset and really incredibly far away!

EDIT: Anyone who is also a friend of mine on Facebook, please don't mention this, please!
I understand ... I am sure we all hear you.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs Jen, its the curse of the Expat.
I've lost count of the number of times I wished I was closer over the last few years...... They know you care and are thinking of them, whatever the problem is, thats the main thing
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

I can relate. We've been hearing some news from "the old country" that is very upsetting to us. There's nothing we can do we're just so far away. Some news is personal family issues. Other news is on a larger scale where friends are impacted. Nothing to do but pray, and write a letter....maybe find someone local you can share with.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:56 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hugs Jen, its the curse of the Expat.
I've lost count of the number of times I wished I was closer over the last few years...... They know you care and are thinking of them, whatever the problem is, thats the main thing
indeed.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 10:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Well, 34 today and this is part of my pressie from the OH:

How cool does that look!? lol

The other part of my pressie is still being made due to my being disorganised but photos will follow when it's eventually ready!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

Thanks for that Jen.

My dad is a hovercraft builder/racer and I grew up with the stuff. I used to paint resin on the fiberglass for pocket money. I could also drive one of these before I could ride a bike. I think one of the reasons my dad does not sound keen to visit me in Aus is because they dont have as many hovercraft fanatics as UK/Europe. Some of the footage is definitely from a race in Europe, but I am glad to see the company that put the clip up is in Queensland. I have sent the link on to him and maybe he could go visit them when my parents come over in Aug. I am fully using your clip as bait for my dad!

Do I understand you correctly, are you going for a spin on a hovercraft for your birthday?
Happy birthday and I hope your man spoils you rotten.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:22 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by rozellem
Thanks for that Jen.

My dad is a hovercraft builder/racer and I grew up with the stuff. I used to paint resin on the fiberglass for pocket money. I could also drive one of these before I could ride a bike. I think one of the reasons my dad does not sound keen to visit me in Aus is because they dont have as many hovercraft fanatics as UK/Europe. Some of the footage is definitely from a race in Europe, but I am glad to see the company that put the clip up is in Queensland. I have sent the link on to him and maybe he could go visit them when my parents come over in Aug. I am fully using your clip as bait for my dad!

Do I understand you correctly, are you going for a spin on a hovercraft for your birthday?
Happy birthday and I hope your man spoils you rotten.
Yes, it's today, he got me an hour at the Flying Fish place, it's about 2 hours from where we live. Probably go in April sometime...

He's also got me a ring, but it's being handmade and may still take another week to complete so, my fault as I organised it, DOH! LOL
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Happy Birthday!! Hope you do something special this weekend too....at least a meal out
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:18 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Hope things back in the home country are OK and you have a great birthday mate
Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by tiger222
Happy Birthday!! Hope you do something special this weekend too....at least a meal out
Off out for dinner later, then to see Danny Bhoy, can't wait! YAY!

Thanks Sonlyme, things aren't good, but I'm in a position to help out with the situation, even from over here, so that's comforting if nothing else!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:35 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Off out for dinner later, then to see Danny Bhoy, can't wait! YAY!

Thanks Sonlyme, things aren't good, but I'm in a position to help out with the situation, even from over here, so that's comforting if nothing else!
It's good to see that whatever the obstacle you always find a positive way mate

Enjoy your dinner mate .......and seeing Danny whatsisname (no idea who that is)
Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:41 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
It's good to see that whatever the obstacle you always find a positive way mate

Enjoy your dinner mate .......and seeing Danny whatsisname (no idea who that is)
TY
Old Mar 19th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your meal.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well, for those who were following closely and with baited breath (yeah right) I finally got my handmade ring. I had seen a similar ring in white gold but wasn't keen on the whole maintenance thing involved with white gold, so opted to have it made in silver. I picked it up today and all I can say is WOW I am very very happy!

(PS it was a birthday pressie and due to my stupidity I didn't arrange enough in advance for it to be ready in time, thus my only getting it now! Isn't it gorgeous?)

For anyone who is looking for handmade jewellery the bloke who made my ring is:

Don Ziesemer and he is based in Toowoomba. You can google his number if you're interested in having him make anything. xo
Attached Thumbnails The 'Jen1977au' thread-ringadingding.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.