Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:17 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
Hi everybody, I know it's been a while, so I thought I'd let you know what happened to me and Kerrie..

Basically me and my now x partner Kerrie emergrated to the Sun Coast (Maroochydore/Alex) at the end of July..

To be honest, Kerrie had serious cold feet a week or so before we were due to leave (and 4 days before my bros wedding)..anyway, she agreed to just go for an initial 2 weeks and see how we go..

Anyway, to cut a long story short she was struggling to cope from day1 and after a few weeks started to drop hints re going back for a hol/homesickness etc, which at the time I didn't take too seriously as I thought this natural considering what we had done-we wern't getting on too well also, which I put down to stress..In the meantime we got jobs, I bought a car and she agreed to sign a 3 month lease for a 2 bed rental in Parker St Maroochydore for about £65 a week or $150..2 mins from the beach.

I came home from work on the Friday of the 7th week to find all her gear gone and a 10 page letter on the table..I returned to the UK only a few days after her, we have split up and gone our seperate ways-we were together 6 years and engaged for 3 of them..

So I have now been back since the end of September and things haven't got any better..have lost both our dogs within 3 weeks and was told only yesterday I'm being made redundant-you couldn't make it up!

I have been considering coming back-my gear is in storage there and I left my car with friends (Thankyou Sue & Craig) so feel I have nothing to lose now-although I realise how difficult and potentially lonely it could be on my own as it is different to the UK in terms of meeting new partners etc due to the family atmosphere and lack of night life etc (apart from Mooloolaba)and the fact that everything is so spread out..

I liked the Sun Coast- paradise, but in reflection feel it is maybe abit quiet and more for families..and am still concerned by the lack of permanent full-time work (known as the "casual coast") so am considering if I do come back to go South of Brisbane where there is more industry and hopefully a better chance of meeting a nice lady!

Any thoughts/suggestions? I've just turned 35 and am very single..

Jamie
whoa! have just seen this mate, am pm'ing you now

J
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You need to change your username too mate!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You need to change your username too mate!
Clever - I think that he just did this??
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Well done Jamie! A positive move in the right direction
Now get yourself back to Oz & get on with the rest of your life!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Joint effort with Sue All the quotes will still have the old name on - that can't be changed.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Joint effort with Sue All the quotes will still have the old name on - that can't be changed.
I'm pleased that it could be done - very good
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I'm so sorry to hear about what has happened. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paddyo
Jamie, for christs sake you are 35!!! Move on and be positive and make a decision one way or another. The majority on here are saying the same thing so just deal with whats happened and do something with your life. I can't express sympathy cos far worse has happened to others, you are still healthy and still able to work. I can however express empathy cos I have been in similar situation but I am a pragmatic person, I never look back, always look forward and life is there to grab with both hands.
You know the country, you've done it before so if you can stretch to affording it again then just do it. Whats left in UK for you? An ex girlfriend and a dogs grave?? I am not trying to be harsh just trying to give you a virtual slap on the face and say,'stop feeling sorry for yourself, grow up and act positive!'.
Not after symapathy mate, just impartial advice/thoughts/opinions etc..ok will take on board what you have said, but at the end of the day what you are saying is easier said than done-but trust me it will take time..you are right in principle-if a little direct!

Jamie.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jamie, sorry to hear you have had such a hard time. Dont be to hard on yourself it can be dam hard to move on from a break up, but you will when the time is right. I have just broken up from my partner of five years who was the love of my life and was going to move to Perth with myself and my two children so i am speaking from experience. I have had days when i just cant focus and other days when i feel like the strongest women in the world but i think having the two children has kept me going. I have found that when i am feeling down i just except the fact that i am having a bad day and when i am feeling strong i use that strength to get as much done as possible.

Try and think about what you want to be doing in five years and make a list of what you have to do to get there. This has always helped me in the past and so far it has worked for me. Dont think that anything is out of your reach because it is not, it just takes loads of hard work to reach it. Small everyday issues can pull you down but just deal with them and focus on the big things.

I wish you luck and hope you reach your goals whatever they turn out to be
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie, sorry you've had a shit run of luck mate. My bird walked out 3 weeks before i was due to come here and i'd been with her 25 years. We had 2 kids, one who wanted to come to oz and one who didn't.

The ex has since been out here and loves the place, she is now back in england not knowing what the hell she wants.

Me and my son arrived mid september and are only now starting to get things in order. I only started work last week.

You may think its hard on your own but try being a single parent and doing it.
Now that is bloody hard.
I am renting in forest lake on brisbanes southside and yeah your right there isn'y much nightlife about but if ya get a job, ya get workmates, ya get workmates ya get out for a drink, a bird will come along eventually mate. There's no need to rush.
Just hold this thought my friend and think about it long and hard, what would you regret most, stopping there or giving it another try here?

I'll leave it at that.

Jazzys
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice

Hi Jamie,

If you decide to come back out to Australia then would you consider city living, say maybe living in either Melbourne or Sydney as these are vibrant cities with lots of bars / entertainment etc.. You could even consider house sharing to make some contacts.

It's a tough call, as although Australia is a great place, if family and friends are important at the moment then you could be very lonely back out here on your own. Would you consider moving to another city in the UK to give you a change of scene, or is Australia the only place for you?

Good luck with your decisions and keep us all posted,

S.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:32 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

go for it!!

it looks as though you have to start again anyway. why not OZ where it looks as though you were enjoying it?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi Jamie, sorry you've had a shit run of luck mate. My bird walked out 3 weeks before i was due to come here and i'd been with her 25 years. We had 2 kids, one who wanted to come to oz and one who didn't.

The ex has since been out here and loves the place, she is now back in england not knowing what the hell she wants.

Me and my son arrived mid september and are only now starting to get things in order. I only started work last week.

You may think its hard on your own but try being a single parent and doing it.
Now that is bloody hard.
I am renting in forest lake on brisbanes southside and yeah your right there isn'y much nightlife about but if ya get a job, ya get workmates, ya get workmates ya get out for a drink, a bird will come along eventually mate. There's no need to rush.
Just hold this thought my friend and think about it long and hard, what would you regret most, stopping there or giving it another try here?

I'll leave it at that.

Jazzys
Sorry to hear about what happened to you-yes your right it would be even harder if I was a single parent-but it sounds like you are determined to make it work and having found a job and a rental are now doing well, after a difficult start, so I guess you are proof it is possible!

I'm interested in talking to anybody who may want a lodger, as I would have to live somewhere if and when I come back!

Jamie
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:28 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Blimey - that's a tough one Jamie.. but have to agree with the majority who've said 'get yo ass back to Oz'.. what have you got to lose? If you moved to Bris-Vegas - I think The Valley is quite lively at the weekends ... and the Elephant and Wheelbarrow serve pints.. it can't be all bad!

The coast does suck when it comes to work... but what about Brendale/Narangba.. better money down there I reckon!

Good luck.. keep us posted on what you're doing?
Sonic x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

You could always do the backpacking thing, you'll find drinking partners and travelling partners there mate.

If you get a job you can then start looking at getting a rental.
What is it you do for a living?

Jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.