British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Jamie & Kerrie-what happened.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/jamie-kerrie-what-happened-505480/)

CHELSEAJAMIE Jan 11th 2008 7:05 pm

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Hi everybody, I know it's been a while, so I thought I'd let you know what happened to me and Kerrie..

Basically me and my now x partner Kerrie emergrated to the Sun Coast (Maroochydore/Alex) at the end of July..

To be honest, Kerrie had serious cold feet a week or so before we were due to leave (and 4 days before my bros wedding)..anyway, she agreed to just go for an initial 2 weeks and see how we go..

Anyway, to cut a long story short she was struggling to cope from day1 and after a few weeks started to drop hints re going back for a hol/homesickness etc, which at the time I didn't take too seriously as I thought this natural considering what we had done-we wern't getting on too well also, which I put down to stress..In the meantime we got jobs, I bought a car and she agreed to sign a 3 month lease for a 2 bed rental in Parker St Maroochydore for about £65 a week or $150..2 mins from the beach.

I came home from work on the Friday of the 7th week to find all her gear gone and a 10 page letter on the table..I returned to the UK only a few days after her, we have split up and gone our seperate ways-we were together 6 years and engaged for 3 of them..

So I have now been back since the end of September and things haven't got any better..have lost both our dogs within 3 weeks and was told only yesterday I'm being made redundant-you couldn't make it up!

I have been considering coming back-my gear is in storage there and I left my car with friends (Thankyou Sue & Craig) so feel I have nothing to lose now-although I realise how difficult and potentially lonely it could be on my own as it is different to the UK in terms of meeting new partners etc due to the family atmosphere and lack of night life etc (apart from Mooloolaba)and the fact that everything is so spread out..

I liked the Sun Coast- paradise, but in reflection feel it is maybe abit quiet and more for families..and am still concerned by the lack of permanent full-time work (known as the "casual coast") so am considering if I do come back to go South of Brisbane where there is more industry and hopefully a better chance of meeting a nice lady!

Any thoughts/suggestions? I've just turned 35 and am very single.. :( :confused:

Jamie

herrchook Jan 11th 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Oh Jamie, that's so sad. So sorry to hear of what's happened. Can't help with your probs but I just wanted to wish you all the very best.

DestinationSydney Jan 11th 2008 9:06 pm

Jamie, that is sad. But you are young you just have to get out there and meet new people, get the job sorted and get out there, it cant just be only families there. Everything has a funny way of working out in life!:)

want2bthere Jan 11th 2008 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE (Post 5774789)
Hi everybody, I know it's been a while, so I thought I'd let you know what happened to me and Kerrie..

Basically me and my now x partner Kerrie emergrated to the Sun Coast (Maroochydore/Alex) at the end of July..

To be honest, Kerrie had serious cold feet a week or so before we were due to leave (and 4 days before my bros wedding)..anyway, she agreed to just go for an initial 2 weeks and see how we go..

Anyway, to cut a long story short she was struggling to cope from day1 and after a few weeks started to drop hints re going back for a hol/homesickness etc, which at the time I didn't take too seriously as I thought this natural considering what we had done-we wern't getting on too well also, which I put down to stress..In the meantime we got jobs, I bought a car and she agreed to sign a 3 month lease for a 2 bed rental in Parker St Maroochydore for about £65 a week or $150..2 mins from the beach.

I came home from work on the Friday of the 7th week to find all her gear gone and a 10 page letter on the table..I returned to the UK only a few days after her, we have split up and gone our seperate ways-we were together 6 years and engaged for 3 of them..

So I have now been back since the end of September and things haven't got any better..have lost both our dogs within 3 weeks and was told only yesterday I'm being made redundant-you couldn't make it up!

I have been considering coming back-my gear is in storage there and I left my car with friends (Thankyou Sue & Craig) so feel I have nothing to lose now-although I realise how difficult and potentially lonely it could be on my own as it is different to the UK in terms of meeting new partners etc due to the family atmosphere and lack of night life etc (apart from Mooloolaba)and the fact that everything is so spread out..

I liked the Sun Coast- paradise, but in reflection feel it is maybe abit quiet and more for families..and am still concerned by the lack of permanent full-time work (known as the "casual coast") so am considering if I do come back to go South of Brisbane where there is more industry and hopefully a better chance of meeting a nice lady!

Any thoughts/suggestions? I've just turned 35 and am very single.. :( :confused:

Jamie

nice to have an update jamie. im sorry that things didnt work out for you both, but one thing i know is that to make it here as a couple/family you have to be rock solid because it really is stressful at times.
anyway to answer your question - if you have nothing to keep you in uk then go for it, your still young enough and likeyou said youve got stuff over here. maybe try city life, i liked brissy but wouldnt like to live there but im not a city dweller;)
let us know what you decide:)

asprilla Jan 11th 2008 9:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles Jamie.

Reading through your post, I get the impression that even though you've had a lot of bad luck lately, you are taking it on the chin and thinking about the future.... With a positive attitude and a bit of determination, you'll make things work out, over here or back home. Just give it some time.

I'm married, but if I was single and in your shoes (I assume you've got a visa of some sort to work here), I'd be booking my flight over here and looking forward to trying to "crack onto" some hot Aussie chicks :D.

Sounds like you would be relatively free to move around too, so you could try a year or so in the gold coast, sydney, etc... The world is your oyster mate.

Good luck !

TraceyW Jan 11th 2008 10:06 pm

Holy crap you've had some horrible things to deal. I hope that's your lot of rubbish for a while and things pick up for you :thumbup:

You know what I'd do? I'd come back to QLD. I mean, what have you got to lose? You have more to gain over here, being in the place you love, rather than staying in the UK. Use this time to embrace new experiences, meet new people, take on new challenges in life.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Wendy Jan 11th 2008 10:14 pm

Go for it Jamie, you've got nothing to lose :)

flipflop Jan 11th 2008 10:19 pm

i agree you should go for it. just remember everything happens for a reason and every cloud has a silver lining. good luck to you. xx

nightnurse2 Jan 11th 2008 10:50 pm

Good luck Jamie. Get you ass back over here and go for it!

Sandy.l Jan 11th 2008 11:35 pm

So sorry to hear of your troubles during what should have been an exciting new life for you both. I hope you give Queensland a go on your own, you put so much effort in to getting there, it seems a shame to not give it a fair crack. It may well change your life for the better anyway? Who knows what could happen?

Good luck whatever you decide:thumbup:

egghead4 Jan 11th 2008 11:46 pm

hi jamie

glad to see you back on here mate;)
i can only add that oz is a place that you wanted to experience, you got through all the visa application crap, but unfortunatley it didnt work out for you THAT TIME.
you have skills, you are now single and the world is yours for the taking, so go for it. A new country, new experience, new people and job may be just what you need. only you can decide and I hope everything takes a turn for the beetter for you.
good luck mate:thumbsup:
keep in touch on here, nobody's gonna judge you.
bec

Timber Floor Au Jan 11th 2008 11:55 pm

Shite MATE.

You dont do things by halves doya !!!!!!

WELL.

If you come back, keep us all posted, and we can drag you along to a curry night.

If you go the southside, I know some single ladies :), in the Greenbank area. Who wouldnt say no to a drinking buddy at the greenbank rsl.

If you wanna keep in tip top condition, Fee ( Fiona ) or Fiona Moana as we call her, runs a chain of Anal Bleaching salons, and can spruce you up good n proper LOL

Wish ya luck.

Ste

oliver1982 Jan 11th 2008 11:56 pm

Jamie

I wouldn't let her waste your opportunity. You should definately come back. The first four or five months is hard, but once you're settled in you will have tons of offers from the ladies! A few months ago I thought I would never find any friends but now it's all good. It's just a shame she took the cowards way out with the running away. But she will regret it in the long run.

cherry6 Jan 12th 2008 12:07 am

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I dont know you at all, but am sorry to hear about what happened. I feel for you, as back in Jan 2002 my husband told me he didnt want to be in Australia any more, he missed the UK and wasnt even sure he wanted to be with me anymore, and he left me and our 3 kids within a week. I ended up going back to the UK as well 3 weeks later, as it all seemed too hard to stay without him and I thought if I went back as well we would have a chance to patch things up.
Going back was the worst thing I could have done. Being back in the dreary UK weather was bad enough without the misery I was going through. And to add insult to injury my husband had found someone new.
I realised I missed Australia terribly, and that if I was going to have to start again and find someone new, I might as well do it in a country where the sun is shining and life is better. So I decided to come back to Australia. It took nearly 2 years of saving and planning, but I finally managed to arrange it and here I am back in Perth. My husband realised that he wanted me back a few months before I came back out here, and yes I did take him back (idiot, I hear you cry!), but I told him I was coming back here and if he decided he couldnt take it again he would be going back alone, next time I wouldnt be following him.
I think you should definitely come back, start a new life, find new love. You sound great and I am sure you will get on much better here than in the UK.
After all, what have you got to lose?

Good luck :)

Amazulu Jan 12th 2008 1:53 am

Mate, there are plenty of hot women over here.
Move on. Come back and take your pick.

Time to start a new life.