Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

It's all good...........

It's all good...........

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:15 am
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all
Default It's all good...........

Hi All..........

Haven't posted for some time but we have been here for 9 months now. I must say it has all gone to plan and some things even not on the plan. We have bought a house and move in next week. Kids are happy, my word the sun shines a lot and we have had some good rain for the dams. Work is long and hard but we expected that. Just the lifestyle is loads better. Bucket loads less stress. Must say if you are active and like the outdoor lifestyle it does wonders for the figure. Financially no better off but no worse off. The people have been great, I think it matters how you treat them and definately do not spend any time comparing with the U.K.. Food shopping and clothes shopping very similar to England and we find it just as easy to get things we want once you know where to look. Homesickness will always be a factor in such a big move but not enough to make one go back. Good luck to all you future immigrants and remember, stiff upper lip and get on with it.

Cheers

The Aussie/South African/Scottish/English Clan

Shoot down if you please....................................
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's all good...........

Originally Posted by Springbok
Hi All..........

Haven't posted for some time but we have been here for 9 months now. I must say it has all gone to plan and some things even not on the plan. We have bought a house and move in next week. Kids are happy, my word the sun shines a lot and we have had some good rain for the dams. Work is long and hard but we expected that. Just the lifestyle is loads better. Bucket loads less stress. Must say if you are active and like the outdoor lifestyle it does wonders for the figure. Financially no better off but no worse off. The people have been great, I think it matters how you treat them and definately do not spend any time comparing with the U.K.. Food shopping and clothes shopping very similar to England and we find it just as easy to get things we want once you know where to look. Homesickness will always be a factor in such a big move but not enough to make one go back. Good luck to all you future immigrants and remember, stiff upper lip and get on with it.

Cheers

Thanks for that! Good honest, positive view
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 11:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All..........

Cheers

lol

Good Onyas...

Keep your eye out on our MEETS.. all good fun, and open to all
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All..........

Cheers

I am also ex South African (Durban) moved to UK 16 years ago now hoping to go Australia (perth) about March. can`t wait need the sun again. not worried about struggling to make it work. Where in SA where you from?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm presuming from your "Yarra Glen" note that you're in Melbourne, in which case it's easy to understand why things have gone well for you.

Good on ya mate.

Buzzy
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:17 pm
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all

Hi....

Originally from Cape Town, spent 14 years in the U.K. and enjoyed it. Wanted more sun and hopefully a better life for the kids. So far we cannot complain. We are lucky to be given the opportunity to come here. Cheers

The Clan
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks for the post, we're aiming to be in North East Melbourne (Eltham, Diamond Creek, Doreen area) by September 2008 so it's great to hear you've got on so well.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi....

Originally from Cape Town, spent 14 years in the U.K. and enjoyed it. Wanted more sun and hopefully a better life for the kids. So far we cannot complain. We are lucky to be given the opportunity to come here. Cheers

The Clan
Great post, well done!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi
we're from Durban, moved over to the uk in 1996 then back to SA twice!!
recently moved from the UK to Gold Coast 14 weeks ago and are loving every minute of it... nice to wake up to a blue sky and sunshine almost every day
and to be near the beach again...