Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Hello from Kath & Graham

Hello from Kath & Graham

Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello from Kath & Graham

Well I really cant believe im posting on this site after all these years, but I happened to come on here and see that one of the poster Tracey W) has posted so they mentioned me!!! (he he) so thought I would let you all know how we are getting on.

As you know four years ago we moved back to UK after my mum suddenly died while we where here. I never liked Perth so not only was it a shock but it fuelled the fire to return to UK.

On returning my father was really ill and in between the kids and working i looked after him for 189 months., he unfortunately died within that time span as well so as you can imagine we were devastated. We did however buy a beatiful house in Kent and Graham got a great job and the kids started back at their old school which they loved. I got a job learning how to become a dog groomer which i also loved. When my Dad died we decided that going back to UK was really not what we wanted (*I would have stayed) but my family didnt settle very well, so to cut a long story short we moved to Brisbane.

Now, this is where the fun (not began). firstly Graham couldnt get a job even with all his WA experience although I was lucky got a job straight away running a dog grooming salon. The friends we stayed with well long story was a desaster even though I knew them for many years before living there. We stuck it out for 3 months. Bought a winnibago had one xmas there and then travelled for 3 weeks through Australia with the kids and the two dogs back to Perth. Got a house I set up my own dog grooming business in Kinross (if anyone wants their dog groomed called me 9304 7778) (very successful been there nearly two years) Graham got a job kids went back to their old school here . And basically we are here settled and happy l So ping ponged thought we stay in UK but back here now, very different form when we were first here and more expensive!! seems like we never actually left really.

Cant say I wished we stayed here or in UK. So glad Graham was happy to go back to UK probably if my Dad hadnt passed away we might have stayed there but funnily the company Graham worked for over there folded the year after we left and the guys were finding it hard to get other work. Must admit other than the usual Tescos and stuff I did find it a bit gloomy but then I wasnt happy here first time round so all horses for courses really.

So put in a nut shell we are back in Perth Living in Joondalup got a great old federation house which needs heaps of work done but we love it even have sea views!! just having our decking re-done at the back of the house so its gonna be massive. Laura our eldest stayed in Oz when we moved back to UK. She is now in her last few months of uni and will be a qualified teacher within 6 months. Kate who is 14 next week is a proper teenager driving us mad but she settled back easily and now has a good circle of friends (never see her weekends) Robert 9 is a happy chappy. Another one sad thing that happened when we got back to Perth this time last year we lost our beloved Tessa who we had bought with us to Perth then back to UK with Toby our kelpie we bought here) then over to Brissy then all that drive back to Perth) she was our little lady and we do miss her dearly she was with us all the way

So hope this message finds all the oldies from back in 2003/4 when our adventures began well and happy to be where they are!!

Happy Christmas to you all

Kath
Old Dec 12th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Kath & Graham

Wow Kath - what a rollercoaster. Interesting to read and nice to know, you did what you needed to do at the time and you're happy now.

Good luck for the future.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blast from the past Really pleased that after all the 'bleugh' your lives are now all good. Thanks for popping back to post.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Great update. Sorry for your family losses.

Hope the future goes really well for you all.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, it really is a night for people to pop up from the past! Glad to hear you're settled and happy Kath
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point

A blast from the past indeed.
An amazing story amid the adversity
Hope ure happy
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

DevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to all

Hiya Kath!!!

I wondered where you'd ended up and I am so pleased you're settled and happy

It all goes to prove that we all need different things to make us feel happy; I've found my happiness here in Devon, you've found yours in Oz. I'd say bloody good on us....all that moving around was worth it in the end

Have a wonderfully brilliant Christmas and a great New Year.

Take care of you and yours xxxxx
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:57 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Kath. I dont come on here often now. Glad things are working out for you xxxxxxxxxxxxx