Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First trip back after 10 months.......

First trip back after 10 months.......

Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:15 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trip back after 10 months.......

Originally Posted by king kong
you havent got to tell me how wonderful life here is in perth especially , i been here 20 years . thats why im out of here .
the small minded bitching , sniping etc will be here long after you have gone and certainly after i have , its human nature .
Apart from that im happy and secure with my decision to return , i guess a bit more secure than some who have migrated here and pretend its wonderful , and i know for sure they are amongst the GODZ OWN .
Why not just accept that rather than pretending to be happy, they may actually be happy?Why is it such a hard concept for you to grasp? No one is questioning that you have made the right decision for you to move back, no one is saying you are only pretending to be happy, so why insult others?
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:27 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

oh diddums , the wrong opinion . its not the first time its happened on either side .It deserves pulling apart , how long out of the uk ermm 10 months or something . Barely time to scratch ones backside and mow the lawn i reckon. Do an update 5 years in apart from this drivel ,i just got off the plane and now its home and the uk is buggered rubbish . utter tosh in my opinion , sorry you dont like it .tough .
Why do I deserve pulling apart just because in your opinion 10 months is not long enough to feel settled?

For your information, I have been to oz before. Twice. It took me two years to decide to go permanently, weighing up all the pro's and cons, selling horses, giving up a wonderful job etc etc. In contrast, I am not living in my location of choice in Oz, my job is tolerable yet I will change it as soon as I get the opportunity and there are things that frustrate the hell out of me and turn me into a whinging pom occasionally. But I know, in my heart, especially after this trip back to the UK that I have done the right thing. I know that the lifestyle I have always dreamed of, with surf, sun, colourful birds in the trees, mango trees in the garden and hopefully in a few years my own land to do what I want with - is completely within my grasp.

For you to say that my opinion of my own life which you know nothing about is utter tosh is quite frankly arrogant, rude, pompous and you are so far up your own arse it beggars belief.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to say that I am not entitled to mine about my own life just because I haven't been in Oz long enough. So do me a favour - get stuffed!

Oh and I've mown the lawn several times thank you very much!

Last edited by ponyrama; Oct 25th 2009 at 9:28 am. Reason: Forgot to mow the lawn!
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:29 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Why not just accept that rather than pretending to be happy, they may actually be happy?Why is it such a hard concept for you to grasp? No one is questioning that you have made the right decision for you to move back, no one is saying you are only pretending to be happy, so why insult others?
since when has having an opinion been an insult , i will state again in my opinion i dont believe 10 months is long enough to form a judgement on anywhere . just as i cant form judgement on the uk in 10 months , there will no doubt be times in those 10 months where i will think ''what have i done '' but thats par for the course .
Blimey theres been people here who have posted after a few months and its the best thing since sliced bread .I just dont agree thats all and because my idea of an opinion doesnt suit yours ,is the very reason we are in dialouge .
I will never agree with what you say , and in regard to the origianl poster than if she so wished to post after even a couple of years then i could see there is a degree of time to gain the experience .Now that doesnt mean im right of course but nevertheless my opinion . just like you may have walked into perth airport and thought ''yep this is it '' , i cant say your wrong but i have a very valid opinion that you may be and vice versa .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:34 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Why do I deserve pulling apart just because in your opinion 10 months is not long enough to feel settled?

For your information, I have been to oz before. Twice. It took me two years to decide to go permanently, weighing up all the pro's and cons, selling horses, giving up a wonderful job etc etc. In contrast, I am not living in my location of choice in Oz, my job is tolerable yet I will change it as soon as I get the opportunity and there are things that frustrate the hell out of me and turn me into a whinging pom occasionally. But I know, in my heart, especially after this trip back to the UK that I have done the right thing. I know that the lifestyle I have always dreamed of, with surf, sun, colourful birds in the trees, mango trees in the garden and hopefully in a few years my own land to do what I want with - is completely within my grasp.

For you to say that my opinion of my own life which you know nothing about is utter tosh is quite frankly arrogant, rude, pompous and you are so far up your own arse it beggars belief.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to say that I am not entitled to mine about my own life just because I haven't been in Oz long enough. So do me a favour - get stuffed!

Oh and I've mown the lawn several times thank you very much!
Honestly i dont care what youve done , wether you been here before or what ever . As i have just said in the other post ,how you can find such complete happiness in 10 months is beyond me , i have voice that opinion and you dont like it end of story . Its because i have failed to agree with you that you are now attacking , my guess is your not quiet so secure about your decision after all .You maybe just need others to go ''well done '' etc etce , this then verifys you have done the right thing .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly i dont care what youve done , wether you been here before or what ever . As i have just said in the other post ,how you can find such complete happiness in 10 months is beyond me , i have voice that opinion and you dont like it end of story . Its because i have failed to agree with you that you are now attacking , my guess is your not quiet so secure about your decision after all .You maybe just need others to go ''well done '' etc etce , this then verifys you have done the right thing .
I knew within 3 months that I had found my place in the world. 4 years on I feel no different. How I will feel in another 4 is anyones guess. I live for today.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:39 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Please see previous post - especially the bit that says 'get stuffed'
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:43 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Originally Posted by northernbird
I knew within 3 months that I had found my place in the world. 4 years on I feel no different. How I will feel in another 4 is anyones guess. I live for today.
well done , but im entitled to an opinion just like the OP . end of story .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:45 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Please see previous post - especially the bit that says 'get stuffed'
ok , but can i have an opinion on that remark .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:53 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

since when has having an opinion been an insult , i will state again in my opinion i dont believe 10 months is long enough to form a judgement on anywhere . just as i cant form judgement on the uk in 10 months , there will no doubt be times in those 10 months where i will think ''what have i done '' but thats par for the course .
Blimey theres been people here who have posted after a few months and its the best thing since sliced bread .I just dont agree thats all and because my idea of an opinion doesnt suit yours ,is the very reason we are in dialouge .
I will never agree with what you say , and in regard to the origianl poster than if she so wished to post after even a couple of years then i could see there is a degree of time to gain the experience .Now that doesnt mean im right of course but nevertheless my opinion . just like you may have walked into perth airport and thought ''yep this is it '' , i cant say your wrong but i have a very valid opinion that you may be and vice versa .
It`s not an insult to have an opinion it`s insulting the way you word that opinion.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:57 am
beach bum

ok , but can i have an opinion on that remark .
Please yourself. I offer my apologies in advance for completely ignoring whatever it is you have to say from here on! Now if you'll excuse me I have an appointment with a Police Horse and a plane to catch. Good Day!
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Please yourself. I offer my apologies in advance for completely ignoring whatever it is you have to say from here on! Now if you'll excuse me I have an appointment with a Police Horse and a plane to catch. Good Day!
I just booked some flights back to the UK at easter with singapore, cost $5700 ish for 3 adults, looked about a month ago and it was upwards of $7200 so pleased I hung on.

We had the dreaded call 1 year after moving out here and it was the worst, hubbies dad had died suddenly (he was 84 though). It was June and very hot for the UK early 30s it felt hot too. I enjoyed seeing everyone again (even in the circumstances) but I too looked forward to coming 'home', in fact I was almost glad we went because if you are undecided and go back and you think 'I dont like it' it reenforces your choice to be in Australia then you will feel more settled and accepting, however, if you end up homesick for UK and not wanting to go back to Aus then you would really stuggle. I feel no different now and been her 4.5 years and luckily for us my hubby feels the same way. Not sure if that will change after easter and if I had a choice I probably wouldnt go but thats because I am shit scared of flying not because I dont want too LOL.

Glad your dad is on the mend.

Jo
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:52 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please tell me how long do I have to live here for to know it is right for me?

Please tell me because at the moment I am happy but I suspect I am missing the rolling green fields, London Museums, and all the other parts you are meant to miss.

Can I also ask, that if many of you knew Australia wasnt right for you the moment you stepped off the plane, how do you know you are not in denial, I mean a few days, a few months or a couple of years?

So how long does it take to feel settled and happy?

And what happens if like me, you have a partner that works shifts and you can spend a bit of time on your own and you want to catch up with online mates - which are REAL mates, unless the likes of Gobbyjock, Sam, etc are pretend people? Today I have felt ill with my asthma so I have chosen to keep my pc on all day - so what?

Because if it means we cannot possibly be happy if we are still posting on British Expats to whatever volume we choose, then what the pissing hell are we ALL doing on here - including anyone that 'claims' their life is just as happy in the UK?

If you think we justify our lives too much then please have a word with yourselves because you are all guilty of the same thing 'home and loving it' or whatever it is you all say.

Go and piss on someone elses bonfire because I reserve the right to be happy in my life and noone has the right to belittle that.

And I guess that goes for everyone of us.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by joho
I just booked some flights back to the UK at easter with singapore, cost $5700 ish for 3 adults, looked about a month ago and it was upwards of $7200 so pleased I hung on.

We had the dreaded call 1 year after moving out here and it was the worst, hubbies dad had died suddenly (he was 84 though). It was June and very hot for the UK early 30s it felt hot too. I enjoyed seeing everyone again (even in the circumstances) but I too looked forward to coming 'home', in fact I was almost glad we went because if you are undecided and go back and you think 'I dont like it' it reenforces your choice to be in Australia then you will feel more settled and accepting, however, if you end up homesick for UK and not wanting to go back to Aus then you would really stuggle. I feel no different now and been her 4.5 years and luckily for us my hubby feels the same way. Not sure if that will change after easter and if I had a choice I probably wouldnt go but thats because I am shit scared of flying not because I dont want too LOL.

Glad your dad is on the mend.

Jo
I agree with you joho.. but OP's post was daft in the fact she said everyone in UK was miserable, depressed and skint. Just not true, very over dramatised, but if thats how people cope, nothing any of us can do about it.
We are all so different and that is a good thing, if we were all the same, christ that would be dull!
Maybe her wording was all wrong, but no-ones perfect
Old Oct 25th 2009, 12:48 pm
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I agree with you joho.. but OP's post was daft in the fact she said everyone in UK was miserable, depressed and skint. Just not true, very over dramatised, but if thats how people cope, nothing any of us can do about it.
We are all so different and that is a good thing, if we were all the same, christ that would be dull!
Maybe her wording was all wrong, but no-ones perfect
No dafter than saying that everyone still in Oz and liking it is in denial.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

you havent got to tell me how wonderful life here is in perth especially , i been here 20 years . thats why im out of here .
the small minded bitching , sniping etc will be here long after you have gone and certainly after i have , its human nature .
Apart from that im happy and secure with my decision to return , i guess a bit more secure than some who have migrated here and pretend its wonderful , and i know for sure they are amongst the GODZ OWN .
It will be very interesting to read your update after being back in the UK for 10 months. Remember you have been gone a very long time, you may not like what you find.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.