Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First trip back after 10 months.......

First trip back after 10 months.......

Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:14 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trip back after 10 months.......

Originally Posted by northernbird
Absolutely which is why I think the responses she has got are pathetic.
Ah its all good! Oz its not for everyone - I accept that. Just means there is more room over there for me! Its all about me! I'm living my life, no-one elses and I love it. I am 4 days away from flying back, my Dad is doing really well with his recovery and looking at flights to come and visit next Easter and the weather forecast for next weekend by the beach looks good!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:17 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Ah its all good! Oz its not for everyone - I accept that. Just means there is more room over there for me! Its all about me! I'm living my life, no-one elses and I love it. I am 4 days away from flying back, my Dad is doing really well with his recovery and looking at flights to come and visit next Easter and the weather forecast for next weekend by the beach looks good!
Dont fret Pony. I think the post was aimed more at WHO posted not the content

I was going to post telling her to go back to bed and get out the right side but that would be a waste of time

So pleased your dad is on the mend.

And thankyou for the karma
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Absolutely I accept that too but equally those who post here should also realise that the UK isn't for everyone too. I also wish your Dad a speed recovery.

Oh and Flea, get stuffed
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:04 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely I accept that too but equally those who post here should also realise that the UK isn't for everyone too. I also wish your Dad a speed recovery.

Oh and Flea, get stuffed
I have..full English breakfast
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

MIAOWWWWW!

Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:07 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by bcworld
Its a rainy Saturday morning, i'm bored...what can i say?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Dont fret Pony. I think the post was aimed more at WHO posted not the content

I was going to post telling her to go back to bed and get out the right side but that would be a waste of time

:
Total waste of time mate. Doesn't matter which side she gets out of !!

I'm very happy for the OP that life is so fab for her in Oz and that her dad is on the mend. Nothing worse than getting 'The Call' and dashing back for an ill, or heaven forbid, dead, loved one
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:34 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Total waste of time mate. Doesn't matter which side she gets out of !!

I'm very happy for the OP that life is so fab for her in Oz and that her dad is on the mend. Nothing worse than getting 'The Call' and dashing back for an ill, or heaven forbid, dead, loved one
For the record I very rarely post in the D&G forum these days. Come to think of it I don't post half as much as I did. I finally realised that the only person whose sanity was being affected by reading the drivel down there was my own so I stepped away from the keyboard. Why you and your ilk can't give those whose opinion differs from your own the same courtesy is beyond me. It seems you have all adopted quite quickly that nasty, sorry I mean sarcastic, british sense of humour we all hear so much about.

On that note I am off pour myself another glass of Shiraz. Have a good day all
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us living here get 'that phone call' while we are in Australia and we make the best of it, some of us cant get back to the UK for various reasons and some people can get back to see their loved ones.

Those like Ponyrama who miss what they call 'home' - Australia, well that does not mean they have sold out on their relatives and they should not be made guilty for wanting to be back to where they feel they belong. Whether or not they have lived their for 8 months or 8 years.

They may notice things that they dont like about the UK the same way others notice things that they dont like about Australia.

Someone posted before about seeing things in a negative light breeds negativity, well that applies to both countries surely as in having a positive attitude.

We all have the right to call somewhere home and it really shouldnt bother anyone whether or not it be the UK or Australia.

Some slag off the UK and the UK defenders get angry and the same with Australia.

Cant we just accept the fact that what some of us like, others dont?

But please don't judge someone because they want to get back to what is comfortable and 'home' to them whilst going through the stress of having a critically sick relative because that is the last thing they need. Just bypass the fact that things were said about the UK that you didnt like, and just offer a bit of support because she has had to make a difficult and lonely journey.

Jesus christ living in another country is hard enough, getting bad news is even harder but please give those that try and make the best out of certain traumatic situations a bit of support.

'Oh you cant love it, you are deluded'
'The rose tinted/Godzoner brigade'
'I hate the UK, God they are mad for not loving Australia'
'Oh shit, another Daily Mail reader'
'How can anyone like the UK/Oz?'

The argument goes in circles, it doesnt like a bloody tumbleweed gain in substance and the constant sniping and accusations of 'you cant really be happy' are getting boring.

Ponyrama, I really hope your Dad is OK and you have a safe journey home and to anyone else going through this kind of shit, you have my sympathy because it is bloody lonely.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:25 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Some of us living here get 'that phone call' while we are in Australia and we make the best of it, some of us cant get back to the UK for various reasons and some people can get back to see their loved ones.

Those like Ponyrama who miss what they call 'home' - Australia, well that does not mean they have sold out on their relatives and they should not be made guilty for wanting to be back to where they feel they belong. Whether or not they have lived their for 8 months or 8 years.

They may notice things that they dont like about the UK the same way others notice things that they dont like about Australia.

Someone posted before about seeing things in a negative light breeds negativity, well that applies to both countries surely as in having a positive attitude.

We all have the right to call somewhere home and it really shouldnt bother anyone whether or not it be the UK or Australia.

Some slag off the UK and the UK defenders get angry and the same with Australia.

Cant we just accept the fact that what some of us like, others dont?

But please don't judge someone because they want to get back to what is comfortable and 'home' to them whilst going through the stress of having a critically sick relative because that is the last thing they need. Just bypass the fact that things were said about the UK that you didnt like, and just offer a bit of support because she has had to make a difficult and lonely journey.

Jesus christ living in another country is hard enough, getting bad news is even harder but please give those that try and make the best out of certain traumatic situations a bit of support.

'Oh you cant love it, you are deluded'
'The rose tinted/Godzoner brigade'
'I hate the UK, God they are mad for not loving Australia'
'Oh shit, another Daily Mail reader'
'How can anyone like the UK/Oz?'

The argument goes in circles, it doesnt like a bloody tumbleweed gain in substance and the constant sniping and accusations of 'you cant really be happy' are getting boring.

Ponyrama, I really hope your Dad is OK and you have a safe journey home and to anyone else going through this kind of shit, you have my sympathy because it is bloody lonely.
What a wonderful post! Thank you.

I love the UK. Its were I was born and lived the first 34 years of my life. I didn't leave because I didn't like it. I just wanted something new, different and challenging. I guess my OP was just my experience of how ones perceptions of a place that once was 'home' for so long can change in such a short space of time. I had nothing to compare it to before.

The 'call' is the one thing that nearly stopped me going in the first place as it was leaving my Dad that was the hardest thing to do. Getting that call only 8 months in was awful, but its turned out okay, and I'm thankful for that. But the other thing it has done has made me realise that my decision to leave the UK was the right one, and I have no regrets. Horses for courses as they say!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

What's the D&G forum?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sunbather
What's the D&G forum?
Hutch named it the doom and gloom room some time ago.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:20 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch named it the doom and gloom room some time ago.
well we all have to have a little dig at times i guess , but i do find the sugary sweet australia is the nuts and we dont want to listen to anyones opinions attitudes of GODZ OWN ,rather annoying .
It reminds me of an american tv show in there , ''oh yes it great '' oh please let me lick your balls today .oh no its my turn i insist lickey lickey .

Last edited by king kong; Oct 24th 2009 at 2:23 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by king kong
well we all have to have a little dig at times i guess , but i do find the sugary sweet australia is the nuts and we dont want to listen to anyones opinions attitudes of GODZ OWN ,rather annoying .
absolutely, australia isn't perfect just as the UK isn't.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:25 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely, australia isn't perfect just as the UK isn't.
now yer getting the idea .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.