Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

An emigration success story

An emigration success story

Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:55 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An emigration success story

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Thanks for sharing your story Hup. Very inspiring.

Also, just wanted to thank you again for your help all those moons ago. I ended up getting a job! Yay! I am now one of those many people you have helped get back on track Just another day at the office...
Fantastic news!!! I had wondered.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:10 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Migrating in 2003 is about 50 times easier than migrating in 2011.

In 2003 houses here were cheap and the sterling conversion was 3-1....Oh please....
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:49 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie

In 2003 houses here were cheap and the sterling conversion was 3-1....Oh please....
Yeah I think it would be a lot harder now. We got in and got on the property ladder pretty quick. Bloody hard now though
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:52 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie

Weebie,
did you actually read HUPs post? Properly? all the way through? or did you just skim read the first and last paragraphs?

The success that he is posting about and that we are all celebrating with him has nothing to do with the exchange rate in 2003 and everything to do with what he and Hevs as a family and HUP as individual has been through medically & emotionally and the fact is that they've been through things I hope none of us ever have to go through and they've still come out stronger at the other end.

I wonder if you had to go through brain surgery, memory loss and your child being born extremely prematurely all within the space of a couple of years, would you be as successful afterwards as HUP is - or maybe you would still be talking about exchange rates in 2003. Sheesh You really are a plonker.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

As usual from anyone in your family an extremely thought provoking and uplifting post. I once said to Heather that when I was going through a bad patch last year (nothing like yours I might add!) I thought of your family and realised I had it good and if you could get through that year, I could get through my month.

Congratulations on your lives here, if anyone deserves it then your family does
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

HUP, you guys have been a real inspiration since before any of us ever got here, and even more so these days seeing what you've all been through - congratulations to all of you
Looking forward to seeing you all again in the not too distant future
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

HUP - an inspiration to give us all something to think of when we have dark days, all the best for the future
marie xx
Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:07 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally Posted by -Marie-
HUP - an inspiration to give us all something to think of when we have dark days, all the best for the future
marie xx
The biggest lessons I learnt are

1) Never take anything for granted. We were going really well, IT consultants wage, house with a pool living the dream when BAM (grr that bloke annoys me) the dream is gone. You HAVE to stay positive and hold onto the belief that the dark times will end (Especially when you have a family)

2) Never judge anyone else. Went from a well paid job to $385 a fortnight and a part time wage. Six months later savings gone. We all get to where we are by are own set of circumstances and events in life.

3) Life is short, live it.

Five years on I have a new career which while it pays no where near as much as my old job I actually enjoy it more and get a sense of satisfaction from helping people get off the Centrelink treadmill.

I was working with a guy today who is battling several addictions and has a very low self worth. His consultant told me that he was unlikely to turn up. Anyway he turned up about an hour late. We sat and got talking about his resume and how he wasn't selling himself properly. I gave him my brief history to show that I could empathize with his situation. Two hours later we had him a new resume and he had decided that he wanted to take a new career direction and he has booked in to see me again tomorrow to look for courses in PC maintenance
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

can only applaud you Hup for your great attitude to what life has thrown at you - you and your family deserve the very best. (and also a massive cyber hug for Flynn)
S xx
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Don't hear enough from you Hup but I know it's hard to shove Hevs off the machine once she gets going Think I said congrats on the five year mark on FB but it doesn't hurt to say it again.
Oiii, I have my very OWN machine thank you amazing how much sh*te you can sell on ebay

Thanks guys. I didnt know Hubby had done this post, even I was thinking that this family did it tough *whistle* BUT!! What you guys all seem to forget is that without a lot of your help I would have gone mental! Those of you who "Chatted" to me in the middle of the night when I couldnt sleep? Those of you who collectivley prayed/ danced/ crossed fingers for Flynn, and even sent money and presents? You rocked my (very small) world at that time. Without help from many, many people I dont know how I'd have made it. So thanks all.

Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:48 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi that is wonderful mews and makes me feel like we will win through too during our emigration post.

We find out about hubbys brain lesions 1 week before we are due to fly. He has had his CT scan and just waiting on his brain scan.

Nothing as scary as your story so I will stop complaining about all these hours I work and focus on the good.

Av
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Those of you who collectivley prayed/ danced/ crossed fingers for Flynn
Reading HUP's update, I could not believe that little Flynn will be five (!) years old this year! He is not so little anymore ....
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Reading HUP's update, I could not believe that little Flynn will be five (!) years old this year! He is not so little anymore ....
No, he's nearly as tall as his mum now
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No, he's nearly as tall as his mum now

He is getting there actually! Yep he has started kinder and can nearly write his name already Hes a cutie when hes not being a little deamon!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

He is getting there actually! Yep he has started kinder and can nearly write his name already Hes a cutie when hes not being a little deamon!
Ooops thought you'd gone He's lovely, a cute demon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.