The cats have arrived!

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The cats have arrived!

Originally Posted by manzipoo
OOOH, How cute. I wish I could take my Guinea pigs, but I think the journey would be too much for them.
Aw! Can't you take them???
Poor loves!
( i do mean that genuinely by the way!)
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
Aw! Can't you take them???
Poor loves!
( i do mean that genuinely by the way!)
I bought 2 cats in Perth and brought them back to UK with us. NO WAY would we ever leave them.
My BIL bought 2 cats in Perth and got rid of them when they came back to UK. They then went out and bought another cat in UK. But they are returning to Perth, so have got rid of it. They plan on buying 2 more cats in Perth when they get there. What an arsehole eh!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

yay! they arrived today - early! Apparently, the plane was early and so the cats were at my door 45 before I was expecting them. They're in great condition and have spent the last few hours searching the house They seem to be settling now... a little attached to us at the moment (which i think is understandable) but happy and safe

Only 2 more weeks inside the house and they can go for adventures outside... which worries me a bit but I'm hoping part of Quarantine was a " how to not chase snakes or bite means spiders" orientation

There are piccies and vids here
I know it's scary when you think about sending you pets over so if anyone wants to ask any questions feel free I'll do my best to answer you
Lovely post. And well done for bringing them along, I never cease to be amazed that so many people are willing to dump an apparently much loved pet. It is not even a matter for discussion in our household, neither my husband or myself would contemplate leaving our two cats behind.

One of my cats is an 18 month old persian, I was at home during the day when he was a kitten and consequently he is super attached to me. I am really worried about him on the flight and whilst he is in quarantine. I am also worried that he won't be quite so attached to me afterwards.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Lovely post. And well done for bringing them along, I never cease to be amazed that so many people are willing to dump an apparently much loved pet. It is not even a matter for discussion in our household, neither my husband or myself would contemplate leaving our two cats behind.

One of my cats is an 18 month old persian, I was at home during the day when he was a kitten and consequently he is super attached to me. I am really worried about him on the flight and whilst he is in quarantine. I am also worried that he won't be quite so attached to me afterwards.
Cats are funny creatures you know. We left ours with our mum for a year when we went travelling around Oz the first time. She spoilt them rotten, and they loved her to bits, but the minute we got home it was our bed they were on the morning and us that they wanted to sit on... poor mum was gutted!! lol

If after a year away they react like that they'll ve fine! They may do the obligatory cat sulk for a day (although mine didn't actually - maybe they were happy we were home) lol. Mine are acting like nothing significant happened. I

In fact Hendrix is even hunting Which i guess means he's settled and aiming to impress! Poor pigeons!

Last edited by Mochinbach; Feb 23rd 2010 at 8:43 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Oh Its so nice you bought your cats out to Australia with you. Nice to see Real animale lovers. Like you I could never leave my behind if I went any where. they are my babies.

I hope they are settling in well here well done for bringing them here
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Cats are funny creatures you know. We left ours with our mum for a year when we went travelling around Oz the first time. She spoilt them rotten, and they loved her to bits, but the minute we got home it was our bed they were on the morning and us that they wanted to sit on... poor mum was gutted!! lol

If after a year away they react like that they'll ve fine! They may do the obligatory cat sulk for a day (although mine didn't actually - maybe they were happy we were home) lol. Mine are acting like nothing significant happened. I

In fact Hendrix is even hunting Which i guess means he's settled and aiming to impress! Poor pigeons!

There was talk about bringing in a cat curfew where I live, forcing owners to keep them in at night to protect the wildlife but I dont think anything came of it.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:46 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Hi all

We used:

AIRSUPPLY SHIPPING AGENTS
P.O.Box 311
Staines
Middlesex
TW19 7UU
Phone: 01784 251351
Fax: 01784 252345

Our consultant was Lindsey Starkings. She was really heplful throughout the whole process. Their price included a lovely purpose made wooden crate/kennel that the cats have travelled in and are now going to have in the garden to sleep in when they want some privacy (lol) You'll see it in the piccies

Here's a copy of the quotationhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/...1b4b337b_o.jpg

You have to apply for all sorts of permits both from the UK and Aus
and www.defra.gov.uk

And you have to contact the quarantine station to get them booked in. My boys were at Spotswood and, according to their carers, they were spoilt rotten! Stan put on weight (he's always been the little one) and they were both being groomed and played with all the time

They're both very happy now. Stan even encountered his first gecko on the window. (also in the piccies) I'm letting them out for the first time on Saturday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mochinb...7623237872229/ for the piccies I'd embed them in here but I can't see away of doing it
Just read the whole thread - our four will be comiung with us no question! If there was any doubt that they could come then we wouldn't go! Just a bit puzzled by your quote - did your cats share a cage/kennel on the flight? I didn;t think that was allowed?

Thanks!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

The_Foulgers will become famous soon enoughThe_Foulgers will become famous soon enough

I've read the whole thread and am so pleased to hear the good stories and pictures of cats being taken to Oz, Obviously really sad to hear about the losses. We're hoping to emigrate, in the process of applying for visa's at the moment, and we are definately taking our 3 cats Derek, Clive and Alan. Our concern firstly is to find the right shipping agent, 2 of our cats will be fine together, the third, Alan, will have to go in a crate on his own as he doesn't really see eye to eye with the other two! Concern number 2 is that Alan in particular will get into all sorts of trouble, probably try and bring a snake home or something, cars are possibly less of a problem being as we live in Portsmouth currently and he is pretty "car aware". Derek (female cat) is quite a home cat, she spends 99% of her time in the house only really going as far as next door's shed roof when the sun is out. Clive is becoming more of a house cat as he gets older, but our Alan loves being outside and has a very large circle of human friends, everybody loves him and we often get texts from people worried about him if he hasn't been around for a few days so he has to let people know when he's going on holiday!

Our plan is to move to Fremantle so would love to hear reports about how quarrantine affected their cats and anything else really. Have attached a couple of pictures of ours, Alan is the white one Derek and Clive are the tabby's with Derek having the pink heart name tag,
Attached Thumbnails The cats have arrived!-1242579550_large.jpg   The cats have arrived!-image_00128.jpg   The cats have arrived!-pict3171.jpg  
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Foulgers
I've read the whole thread and am so pleased to hear the good stories and pictures of cats being taken to Oz, Obviously really sad to hear about the losses. We're hoping to emigrate, in the process of applying for visa's at the moment, and we are definately taking our 3 cats Derek, Clive and Alan. Our concern firstly is to find the right shipping agent, 2 of our cats will be fine together, the third, Alan, will have to go in a crate on his own as he doesn't really see eye to eye with the other two! Concern number 2 is that Alan in particular will get into all sorts of trouble, probably try and bring a snake home or something, cars are possibly less of a problem being as we live in Portsmouth currently and he is pretty "car aware". Derek (female cat) is quite a home cat, she spends 99% of her time in the house only really going as far as next door's shed roof when the sun is out. Clive is becoming more of a house cat as he gets older, but our Alan loves being outside and has a very large circle of human friends, everybody loves him and we often get texts from people worried about him if he hasn't been around for a few days so he has to let people know when he's going on holiday!

Our plan is to move to Fremantle so would love to hear reports about how quarrantine affected their cats and anything else really. Have attached a couple of pictures of ours, Alan is the white one Derek and Clive are the tabby's with Derek having the pink heart name tag,
Lovely cats and I like the names!

Good luck with your move.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

We used Airpets to bring our cat over to Perth, lovely lady called Liz dealt with everything, cant fault them at all they were brilliant, we wanted our cat over asap she got him on a plane within a month
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
Oh Its so nice you bought your cats out to Australia with you. Nice to see Real animale lovers. Like you I could never leave my behind if I went any where. they are my babies.

I hope they are settling in well here well done for bringing them here
There are many reasons why people can't or won't bring their pets with them. Doesn't mean they're not animal lovers, in fact it generally means the complete opposite. For whatever reason it could be in the best interests of the animal to stay put. Please don't judge people. It broke my heart to leave my baby behind and I really object to your post.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

The_Foulgers will become famous soon enoughThe_Foulgers will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
We used Airpets to bring our cat over to Perth, lovely lady called Liz dealt with everything, cant fault them at all they were brilliant, we wanted our cat over asap she got him on a plane within a month
Thank you, have seen their adverts so will give them a call.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

We flew our 3 cats out with Airpets and had no problems at all. Paid about £3000 all up which included the quarantine bill but not the flight from Sydney to Brisbane - that was arranged once they got here.
We worried like you wouldn't believe but we phoned the quarantine station once a week and they e-mailed us in between. They were fantastic Xx
The cats arrived in excellent condition and were happy to see us again. No sulks at all !!! I think that having them here has given us a sense of familiarity and I don't regret it for a second.
Ours stayed in for a while, we built a pen but they were pacing and wanted to go out so we decided that they could go out for a short while each day. It seemed cruel to restrict them but we do still worry about them and make sure we keep up the 'tick' treatment - you also have to watch out for skin cancer on their little pink noses so we tend to let them out early morning and have them back before we leave for work. They soon come back for breckie Xx
To be honest they choose to stay inside more often than not - under the fan or air con !!

Alison xx
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Caddy the cat lover
We flew our 3 cats out with Airpets and had no problems at all. Paid about £3000 all up which included the quarantine bill but not the flight from Sydney to Brisbane - that was arranged once they got here.
We worried like you wouldn't believe but we phoned the quarantine station once a week and they e-mailed us in between. They were fantastic Xx
The cats arrived in excellent condition and were happy to see us again. No sulks at all !!! I think that having them here has given us a sense of familiarity and I don't regret it for a second.
Ours stayed in for a while, we built a pen but they were pacing and wanted to go out so we decided that they could go out for a short while each day. It seemed cruel to restrict them but we do still worry about them and make sure we keep up the 'tick' treatment - you also have to watch out for skin cancer on their little pink noses so we tend to let them out early morning and have them back before we leave for work. They soon come back for breckie Xx
To be honest they choose to stay inside more often than not - under the fan or air con !!

Alison xx
Thats brilliant, thank you, it's nice to have had such reassuring messages.
Thanks for the skin cancer warning hadn't thought about that, especially need to be careful of our Alan cat, being white (well by birth he's white spends most of his time with large black patches from oil as he loves sitting under cars!), he hates having suncream put on - but he'll get used to it when it's a daily occurrence rather than occasional.

Glad that they didn't sulk, our Clivey tends to be a sulker and whenever we have put them in a cattery when we get back he has given us the evil eye and cold shoulder for a few days, although we know he's been happy as anything there - worse than children lol.

Sounds like Airpets are the people to go with heard so many good things about them now. Thank you so much.

Have you any pic's of your 3 cats?

Jayne and Luke
Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

Thats us arrived in Perth last week and we are signing a lease for a rental property tomorrow and so can finally have Dexy and Lola over......missing them so badly!

Its good to hear that the journey and quarantine does not seem to have been too bad for anyone so far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.