British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Arrived in Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/arrived-perth-491563/)

jamiefrod Nov 4th 2007 10:37 am

Arrived in Perth

After making our way round the country for the last six weeks we've finaly made it to Perth. Been here a day and so far it looks amazing, we are living in Subiaco for the first few months while we look for a cheap and cheeful rent. Been down to the Red Bull Air Race today, and freo for dinner (think i'm going to love that place).

Just need to find a job now before we're totally skint;)

SammyT Nov 4th 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Arrived in Perth

So you're almost next to King's Park then and the great views? Hubby and I liked Freemantle when we went there too.
I wouldn't mind living there when we get over to oz. I never thought it would be such a waiting game - patience has never been my strong strength! ;) I think hubby would prefer to go to somewhere a little north like Hilarys.
Did you know that you wanted to end up in Perth because you've been there before? If you have visited there before, how did you choose to live in Subiaco?
I'm glad you're settling and hope that the job comes very soon so you wont be completely broke. :)

Sam

s-jmelbournewannabe Nov 4th 2007 3:11 pm

Congrats on arriving at your destination! :thumbsup:

S-j x

Ozzy7 Nov 4th 2007 7:51 pm

Good to hear you like living in Perth so far, we plan to move to Perth in January next year.

jamiefrod Nov 5th 2007 9:44 am

Originally Posted by SammyT (Post 5509304)
So you're almost next to King's Park then and the great views? Hubby and I liked Freemantle when we went there too.
I wouldn't mind living there when we get over to oz. I never thought it would be such a waiting game - patience has never been my strong strength! ;) I think hubby would prefer to go to somewhere a little north like Hilarys.
Did you know that you wanted to end up in Perth because you've been there before? If you have visited there before, how did you choose to live in Subiaco?
I'm glad you're settling and hope that the job comes very soon so you wont be completely broke. :)

Sam

we are 2 mins walk to kings park and about ten from those great views of the city. Right on rokerby road too! Just need to get used to the heat now, it's been wearing me out!

jamiefrod Nov 5th 2007 9:49 am

We'd never been to Australia before, we just decided to go for it and see what happened. We chose subiaco purley from researching Perth on the web. Its only a short term let though for 3 months. I dont think we'd be able to afford to rent here for a long period of time, it's a bit expensive. It's a good place to be while we look for something more permanent with it being so close to the city and 20mins to freo. Not sure where we'll end up

mindblower Nov 5th 2007 11:45 am

]

Best of luck for your new life in Perth.

Dave

jamiefrod Nov 5th 2007 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by mindblower (Post 5513119)
]

Best of luck for your new life in Perth.

Dave

thanks, good luck to you too:thumbsup:

comet555 Nov 9th 2007 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jamiefrod (Post 5515098)
thanks, good luck to you too:thumbsup:

Good luck with everyone, I hope you love it in Oz.

kathndaz Nov 20th 2007 2:24 am

Hi welcome to Perth hope everything turns out great for you

Kath n Daz:rofl: