Almost 8 months!

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

koala12 will become famous soon enoughkoala12 will become famous soon enough
Smile Almost 8 months!

We've been in Sydney almost 8 months now and so far so good! I'm loving it here and there is absolutely nothing I miss about the UK other than certain people (and they know who they are!). My husband and eldest daughter are enjoying their jobs and we've settled down ok in our home. All that's missing for me at the moment is to make some friends so I won't feel quite so lonely....so if there's anyone out there wanting to befriend a newbie in her late 40s please get in touch!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost 8 months!

Originally Posted by koala12
We've been in Sydney almost 8 months now and so far so good! I'm loving it here and there is absolutely nothing I miss about the UK other than certain people (and they know who they are!). My husband and eldest daughter are enjoying their jobs and we've settled down ok in our home. All that's missing for me at the moment is to make some friends so I won't feel quite so lonely....so if there's anyone out there wanting to befriend a newbie in her late 40s please get in touch!
Well done for settling in

Try posting on the barbie, and maybe somebody on there will be close to you, or maybe try arranging an all girl meet
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:04 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost 8 months!

Hi, a crowd of us meet on the first Tuesday of the month. We are all thirtysomethings or fortysomethings with kids (I think!). You would be most welcome to join us but I must admit that we haven't had a meet anywhere in your area yet. If you come along to one of our get togethers, maybe you could suggest some venues that you like near you. Check out the "Sydney Ladies" posts on the meet ups forum.

B