Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Adelaide to Sydney a new stage begins

Adelaide to Sydney a new stage begins

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide to Sydney a new stage begins

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
As some of you know I arrived in Adelaide Dec 2005 on a 495 visa. It was a real struggle at first as it took me 3 months to get a job, I was starting to wonder if I ever would. Eventually I took a job I was doing 15 years ago, and was earning about half I was in the uk, after a struggle I eventually got a really good job I loved and then I got PR, so I had to decide whetherto move on as I'd always planned. Anyway, to cut to the chase I applied for a job in Sydney and got it, packed my house up, and arrived last night to stay in a budget hotel! I now have to find somewhere to live and to be honest Im feeling much more disorientated than I did when I first arrived. Why? Well I think fir a couple of reasons, first I've done it allbefore and know how tough it can be, secondly, I put a huge amount of effort into building a life in Adelaide, ok so I decided it wasn't for me long term, but I had a great job, friends, ties, this feels like starting all over again, though I know there was no other way. Well, anyway that's me! Thankfully my mum arrives in 3 weeks so that will be great. And things will get better each day!!
Hey- I'm in Sydney and if I can be of any help let me know.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
UPDATE! well after possibly the most stressful few days of my life.... I have a house!!! woooohoooo! when I did all the viewings I was looking in newtown mainly, this one is in st peters, but looked nice, I walked in and thought this is it!!! tense times waiting to see if I get it, tossing and turning in my little motel bed....... Yaaaaay! haven't been so happy since I got my a level results! move in on Friday and my stuff will be delivered! wonderful!!!

Thanks for your support and kind words of encouragement! See you at the housewarming!!
YAY!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:22 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

How's it going now Jackie? Any more settled? As you know I found it harder after the second move too, it's so hard to put so much effort in all over again even though you know you can do it. Would love to hear how you're getting on now.

We are loads more settled and will soon have our green cards which I find hilarious. Shall we do Canada next and collect permanent residencies all over the world? haha - only joking!!!!