5 weeks tomorrow

Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:01 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 weeks tomorrow

Hiya guys, we finally made it here to Perth. We had a fantastic flight over via Singapore and all arrived quite fresh really to be greeted by my family all screaming in the arrivals lounge it was a superb way to arrive. We lived with one of my Aunts in Attadale for a few weeks until we got our rental in Willetton which is great, its a big place, bit old fashioned inside but its clean and tidy and its in the catchment for rossmoyne senior high which is where Kayleigh will go when she moves back up in Feb so we are dead chuffed about that because rossmoyne has a very good reputation. All our stuff arrived last week completely intact and bang on time as planned and as promised. We used Dorree bonner in UK and they are connected to Grace on this side, i have to say that both lots of guys where superb and we didnt have so much as a broken glass when we unpacked, it was like christmas again doing the unpacking as we havent seen our stuff for almost six months and my lovely bed was crying out for me.

So far for us everything has been excelent, im not about to say how wonderfull everything is and how all the moaners are so wrong, i think this place is what you make of it and so far our experience is all good, people are nice to us and polite in the big shops and in the local ones too havent been pommy bashed yet but im sure ill get some soon but thats part of being an imigrant i suppose maybe we wont get any

Our daughter Kayleigh has settled right into her new school which is a primary school called bateman, she has made freinds very quickly and even has a best freind which is such a relief for Theresa and I after only being here a few weeks. We have been out and all got new bikes and we are cycling everywhere because you can and we have of course bought the obligetory BAR B QUE!!!! i think its about the same size as my last car and i love it not got a pool yet but you dont get many rentals with pools, that will come when we sort our own house out.

I have to say we have been very lucky with me having family here, it has been a great help to all of us but none the less we are now on our own two feet and starting to get on with the business of living. I am trying not to sound too rose tinted, i can say that from our experience that food for an overall shop is more expensive but certain individual items can be less for instance steak, which is way cheaper than UK but we are finding that it is ballanced out by things like no TV licence and no MOT and although the ozzies are up in arms about fuel prices, its still half what it is in UK. Theresa and i havent got full time jobs yet but to be fair we havent really gone at it hard yet, i have been doing a bit of casual work for a bloke but there are tons of jobs in the paper on saturday, even if its not exactly what you want at first you can at least start some money coming in.

I am sure the honeymoon period will wear away but so far i have to tell you that i am still having to pinch myself when i am cycling along the river bank looking at the most incredible view across to the city and its 23 degrees and its winter!!!

I will update again soon as and when a few more things happen for us and i will try not to sound too roses around the door but so far thats just how it is, for us lot anyway. Good luck to those of you who are on the way.

Cheers for now,

Nev
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 5 weeks tomorrow

Originally Posted by redlion View Post
Hiya guys, we finally made it here to Perth. We had a fantastic flight over via Singapore and all arrived quite fresh really to be greeted by my family all screaming in the arrivals lounge it was a superb way to arrive. We lived with one of my Aunts in Attadale for a few weeks until we got our rental in Willetton which is great, its a big place, bit old fashioned inside but its clean and tidy and its in the catchment for rossmoyne senior high which is where Kayleigh will go when she moves back up in Feb so we are dead chuffed about that because rossmoyne has a very good reputation. All our stuff arrived last week completely intact and bang on time as planned and as promised. We used Dorree bonner in UK and they are connected to Grace on this side, i have to say that both lots of guys where superb and we didnt have so much as a broken glass when we unpacked, it was like christmas again doing the unpacking as we havent seen our stuff for almost six months and my lovely bed was crying out for me.

So far for us everything has been excelent, im not about to say how wonderfull everything is and how all the moaners are so wrong, i think this place is what you make of it and so far our experience is all good, people are nice to us and polite in the big shops and in the local ones too havent been pommy bashed yet but im sure ill get some soon but thats part of being an imigrant i suppose maybe we wont get any

Our daughter Kayleigh has settled right into her new school which is a primary school called bateman, she has made freinds very quickly and even has a best freind which is such a relief for Theresa and I after only being here a few weeks. We have been out and all got new bikes and we are cycling everywhere because you can and we have of course bought the obligetory BAR B QUE!!!! i think its about the same size as my last car and i love it not got a pool yet but you dont get many rentals with pools, that will come when we sort our own house out.

I have to say we have been very lucky with me having family here, it has been a great help to all of us but none the less we are now on our own two feet and starting to get on with the business of living. I am trying not to sound too rose tinted, i can say that from our experience that food for an overall shop is more expensive but certain individual items can be less for instance steak, which is way cheaper than UK but we are finding that it is ballanced out by things like no TV licence and no MOT and although the ozzies are up in arms about fuel prices, its still half what it is in UK. Theresa and i havent got full time jobs yet but to be fair we havent really gone at it hard yet, i have been doing a bit of casual work for a bloke but there are tons of jobs in the paper on saturday, even if its not exactly what you want at first you can at least start some money coming in.

I am sure the honeymoon period will wear away but so far i have to tell you that i am still having to pinch myself when i am cycling along the river bank looking at the most incredible view across to the city and its 23 degrees and its winter!!!

I will update again soon as and when a few more things happen for us and i will try not to sound too roses around the door but so far thats just how it is, for us lot anyway. Good luck to those of you who are on the way.

Cheers for now,

Nev
Hi Nev !!

been waiting for your update . just gonna have me tea & have a read .
will drop you an email over the weekend .

Scott
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Nev , thats a nice honest post & we are well pleased for you .

say hi to Theresa & Kayleigh from us & we will email as i said over this weekend (which is damp n wet btw )

Scott&Rachel

Last edited by Scott; Jun 15th 2007 at 4:40 pm. Reason: spolling yet again
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:30 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

God Nev, I remember you doing your TRA and we were chatting about you re applying.

I also remember you thinking you would never get there.

Dont want to say 'I told you so'

but....

I told you so, I knew you would do it. There are two other people apart from yourself that I always knew would make it to Oz, and that is Brisben and Paul&Nic.

And I love it when I am right.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:29 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Did you bring that Sloe Gin with you in the end?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:53 am
bev
Forum Regular

bev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Nev
Glad you have settled well. Might meet up soon, heading to Perth 11th July hoping to settle SOR.
Elaine
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:04 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Did you bring that Sloe Gin with you in the end?

Funnily enough yes i did manage to get it through in the end and i think was just down to aquis dudes being generous as i just packed it with all the other stuff being shipped but i didnt try to hide it or owt, just labelled box and listed it clearly in inventry and also declared it and i think because i was up front about it they let it through for me so thanks guys
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:06 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by scott&rachel View Post
Nev , thats a nice honest post & we are well pleased for you .

say hi to Theresa & Kayleigh from us & we will email as i said over this weekend (which is damp n wet btw )

Scott&Rachel
Great to hear from you guys, hope all is going well and all your turmoil over where to go is getting sorted, will sort out e.mail soon Scott as we have a new addy now so ill get it off to you. take care for now.

Nev.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:07 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post
God Nev, I remember you doing your TRA and we were chatting about you re applying.

I also remember you thinking you would never get there.

Dont want to say 'I told you so'

but....

I told you so, I knew you would do it. There are two other people apart from yourself that I always knew would make it to Oz, and that is Brisben and Paul&Nic.

And I love it when I am right.
Thankyou sweetheart, yes you where right and im so glad things are moving for you two now, good luck to you both cos you deserve it X

Nev.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:12 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by bev View Post
Hi Nev
Glad you have settled well. Might meet up soon, heading to Perth 11th July hoping to settle SOR.
Elaine
Give us a shout then nearer the time and good luck until then, take care.

Nev
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Give us a shout then nearer the time and good luck until then, take care.

Nev
Hi,
What a nice post, positive but imformative about possible pitfalls. Glad things are working out for you and your family. keep updated on your progress.

Ally
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:52 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough yes i did manage to get it through in the end and i think was just down to aquis dudes being generous as i just packed it with all the other stuff being shipped but i didnt try to hide it or owt, just labelled box and listed it clearly in inventry and also declared it and i think because i was up front about it they let it through for me so thanks guys
nice one!!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Great to hear from you Nev and glad your all settling in well.....it's good to hear the positives as it make us think about how much we want to be there!! Anyway, 10 weeks or so and we will!

Keep us updated as it's so nice to hear from those octoberites who have "taken the plunge" and already got there...

Pam x
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Hi Nev

Good to hear that you and family are settling in well.

We are hoping to exchange on the house next week!!! Then we can book flights. Keep us posted.

Tina and Family
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

shedseven will become famous soon enough

Glad to see you settling in. Well Nev I am hoping to be in Perth myself in October/November. Just writing a check list of things to be organised. Great to see another positive immigrant.

Hope the pommie bashing is not too bad.

Chris

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.