4 years and going home

Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

fromdownunder has a spectacular aura aboutfromdownunder has a spectacular aura aboutfromdownunder has a spectacular aura about
Default 4 years and going home

Well for the first couple of months it was great, but then began to realise it wasnt all the regular holidays made it out to be!

First Christmas was awful, missed everyone at home so much, second was not a lot better.

Then things improved and found "new life" resulting in a split from my partner, and fell for someone else, unfortunatley married, but was all on my side, I could cope with that, nothing physical involved, just admiration, unfortunatley the other half decided I was just getting too friendly and turned.

Now Im selling up and moving back home to be with all my old friends - I hope, cant wait to get back to Britain cold winters and wet summers.

Think twice before making a big move like this to the other side of the World, it may not be all its cracked up to be and you dont always find out overnight!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Melmanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4 years and going home

Sorry to hear you weren't happy here. At least you have good friends to go back to and you're looking forward to it. I can't see myself ever going back but who knows what will happen. If I get to 40 and I'm still a spinster I may just have to reconsider
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fromdownunder
Now Im selling up and moving back home to be with all my old friends - I hope, cant wait to get back to Britain cold winters and wet summers.
Have you been back to the UK on a hoiday first? Just for a reality check to see if it's how you imagine it to be from Oz?

And have you got your Australian citizenship so you can come back if the UK isn't quite what you expect?
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I agree with OZhappy,,If I were you I would come back for a visit 1st
`people do not make positive desicions whilst feeling negative`, You are taking your unhappy relationship into your whole life,,its only part of it, by all means go home,but I guarantee within mths you will see the good stuff about OZ, I came back, I`m speaking from experience, There are good and bad about the UK and OZ.

Good Luck
Bluekipper
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

itsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the rough

Well for the first couple of months it was great, but then began to realise it wasnt all the regular holidays made it out to be!

First Christmas was awful, missed everyone at home so much, second was not a lot better.

Then things improved and found "new life" resulting in a split from my partner, and fell for someone else, unfortunatley married, but was all on my side, I could cope with that, nothing physical involved, just admiration, unfortunatley the other half decided I was just getting too friendly and turned.

Think twice before making a big move like this to the other side of the World, it may not be all its cracked up to be and you dont always find out overnight!
I too was in a similar situation to yours... we'd only been here 10 months when me and hubby split.. I was in such a dilema as to whether to return to the UK to my friends/family but decided to give it ago and the reasons why I left the UK would still be there if I went back.

A year on Im now setting up home with my wonderful aussie fella and life couldn't be better. :-)

Think twice.... good luck.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that it has not worked out for you.
As others have said, make sure that you get your citizenship sorted before you go if not already done....you may change your mind & it's good to have options.
Best wishes for your return to the UK!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

fromdownunder has a spectacular aura aboutfromdownunder has a spectacular aura aboutfromdownunder has a spectacular aura about

Hi thanks everyone for these replies, Yes I did go back for Xmas, hated it but on reflection feel its home, just looking at flights to go back for a couple of weeks right now, see how the land lies and see how I feel when I get back to Oz, although Im pretty sure its what I want to do at the moment, if nothing else the exchange rate says its time to go home!

Thnaks again
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Oh and do have Citizenship here too, thanks for that one also.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:15 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and do have Citizenship here too, thanks for that one also.
Best of luck mate. Hope it all works out for you
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that things have fallen apart with your migration - looks like that is a common enough feature of many folks' move to the other side of the world.

Hope you will love it back in UK - it is beginning to look a lot like spring and there have been some super spring days where I have been. Nothing like catching up with old friends too.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Do what you gotta do. I did (i made my own decisions) and don't regret them.

People used to say to me 'you'll regret going back' etc..what do they know about my life!! nothing. Hope it all works out for you wherever you lay your bed
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

I hope you make the right choice. We are coming to Oz in July, Part of me thinks Oh god are we doing the right thing, but we HAVE to do it to see if its for us. Its very much now or never! Good luck with everything
Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just wanted to wish you all the best.Looks like you've hit some pretty rough times.Hope it all works out for you.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:43 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Hi just wanted to wish you all the best.Looks like you've hit some pretty rough times.Hope it all works out for you.
Too hard to survive on your own here, probably correct to go back and rebuild

Good luck
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
Too hard to survive on your own here, probably correct to go back and rebuild

Good luck
Not sure why you've quoted me(not that I mind!)I live in the UK and spent 30 years all up in Oz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.