3rd Time around!!

Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: 3rd Time around!!

Good advice (burn passports) think I should do that haha. Getting nearer to going now only 2 more days in the UK left,,,,

Bluekipper
Old Apr 16th 2010, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

deborahjg is an unknown quantity at this point

Lived in Perth 5 years and came back to the UK last January. Knew after a few months that we had made a mistake. Got our resident returns now and hopefully will be on our way back to Perth in September. Just keeping an eye on the Aussie dollar as really bad to make a move at the moment.

Hoping we will all settle this time and be in Perth for good as don't fancy doing the whole moving thing again!
Old May 1st 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

billabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to all

Why do people ping pong?

I didn’t realise it had an “official” name!

I can understand if you have elderly relations in the UK, and feel like to need to be with them periodically. But what are other reasons for doing it?

I just did a post entitled HOLIDAY, where I go into this issue more deeply.

What I am going to say now is NOT meant to upset anyone, so I hope nobody feels offended.

In recent days I have been reading a lot of posts where people migrate to Australia, decided they hate it or they can’t settle, and then they return to the UK. But then they can’t settle back in the Uk and so return to Australia and then return to the UK and then return to Australia and so on.

I honestly think that if you do this (and you don’t have elderly relations or whatnot to use as an excuse) then the problem is with you, not the countries involved.

It is like the unhappy & overweight girl who thinks....... “if I was thin, I would be happy and my life would be perfect”.

OR

The unhappy & poor boy who thinks....... “if I was rich, I would be happy and my life would be perfect”.

And yet when they achieve their goals, they find they are still unhappy - because they looked for external happiness (grass is greener syndrome), rather than facing their problems head on, resolving their issues and achieving inner contentment first.

Retrospective musings and inner soul searching would possibly help those who are searching for something that their current lifestyle is not providing them with. A Metaphysics course may help you to discover exactly what you are looking for.

Again, it is not my intention to upset or offend. Just my random feelings on the subject.

I can’t fully understand why people ping pong – perhaps someone could enlighten me.

Old May 1st 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

If any one finds the answer can they tell me too please!!!

LibbyX
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:35 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Congratualtions Libby, glad youre settled and happy xx
Old May 6th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Congratualtions Libby, glad youre settled and happy xx

We were but things change so quickly

My Hubbys Dad is seriously ill and we have to go back to the UK to help support his Mum through it and also Hubby needs to spend time with his Dad.

So we are off again!! Things happen for a reason and this is something we need to do....family is after all, all we have in the end and we need to help support each other and thats what we are going to do.
So October, we will be back in Derbyshire and even though its unexpected, I am happy about his decision and I will do what I can to make it easier for him.

Its a funny old life isn't it!!

LibbyX
Old May 6th 2010, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LIBBY

My Hubbys Dad is seriously ill and we have to go back to the UK to help support his Mum through it and also Hubby needs to spend time with his Dad.

So we are off again!! Things happen for a reason and this is something we need to do....family is after all, all we have in the end and we need to help support each other and thats what we are going to do.
So October, we will be back in Derbyshire and even though its unexpected, I am happy about his decision and I will do what I can to make it easier for him.

LibbyX
Sorry to hear about you FIL ...I was just thinking Libby you should start your own travel agent,look at the advise you could give re ping ponging
Old May 6th 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

suzy a is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Libby

So sorry to hear about your FIL. As you say these things happen for a reason!!
Do you think you may return to Australia one day??
Have you told your Mum you are going back yet??
I hope everything works out for you and your family - you have all been through alot in the last few years!!!
Keep us updated with how things are going and GOOD LUCK!!

Suzy x

Originally Posted by LIBBY

LibbyX
Old May 6th 2010, 6:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billabongbunyip

I can’t fully understand why people ping pong – perhaps someone could enlighten me.

For the same numerous reasons that people migrate in the first place........
Old May 7th 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Paula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the rough

I can’t fully understand why people ping pong – perhaps someone could enlighten me. ]
Because what might seem irrational and incomprehensible to you will seem perfectly rational to somebody who is ping ponging. Even though they may be experiencing uncertain feelings, they are doing what they think is right for them. Human nature is a difficult notion to categorize, the feelings that one person experiences will not be understood by another. Every one of us is an individual whose ideas about life are influenced by what is going on around them, hence the reasons for the decisions we make in life.
Old May 7th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paula31
Because what might seem irrational and incomprehensible to you will seem perfectly rational to somebody who is ping ponging. Even though they may be experiencing uncertain feelings, they are doing what they think is right for them. Human nature is a difficult notion to categorize, the feelings that one person experiences will not be understood by another. Every one of us is an individual whose ideas about life are influenced by what is going on around them, hence the reasons for the decisions we make in life.

Well put Paula!!

LibbyX