Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

326 Days and still Counting....

326 Days and still Counting....

Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 326 Days and still Counting....

WOW! What a journey so far.

Long ago in the dim and distant past in a tiny mill town called Oldham. There stood a fair maiden, her defacto and prince 'J'.

They had dream. To leave this dull and depressing life and ride off into the sun a rise early in the morning, tieing me kangeroo down sport and true blue-ing it everywhere.

And as in all true fairy tails, they just clicked their red shoes together and they were magically transported to the promise land.

Yeah! Right enough of that......

Ok, Veni Vidi Vichi

They Came, they saw and brought ice cream.

Originally we were supposed to be going to Brisbane but we had a turn of events and headed to Perth. We knew nothing of this place, we had not researched it, nothing.

What a beautiful place. (Anne4Terry made us feel very welcome thanks for that Anne)

However, I wanted to see Brisbane as there was something endearing about it from my childhood days.

My husband jetted back off to sell the house and the boy and I sat waiting.

And waiting and waiting....

Husband came back with dosh and we went to have a look at Brisbane. Made lots of friends there but we could not connect with the place. It was too hot, humid and crowded for us. It was a disappointment because my best friend Cath (cathnpaul) are destined to go there and all our other mates such as Mrs JFW, Glitterbabe (who gave us her house for three days, thank you hun) Scissors (who made us really really welcome, hi sue, (posh) Raby Bay lol) ell jay (who was on her way there). There were quite a few others and if I have forgotten you I apologise.

We looked around and could find nothing to make us stay. I wanted to stay for my sister (ros from aus) but the place was really hot and humid. We came back early.

When we got on the plane to come back to Perth it felt like we were coming home. It was a good feeling.

'WA' the home of 'wait a while' lol is a lovely place for families, friends and outdoor living.

We came from a back street playground to a sun kissed wonderland

Missing nothing (except MUM, children and some family members x)

We work to live now not live to work.

we have the whole sea as our very own water park (sharks and dolphins included)

The birds are different, even the pigeons are cute (compared to the one's in the UK) lol

The tree's, the wildlife, The kangeroos on the way home from my sons school.

The sun, the amazing lightning, the life style

The smile on my sons face

My husband riding a motorbike (his bald head blowing in the wind)

Best move we ever made, loving it, embracing the australian life style and values.

No going back.......

And.............................................we all lived happily ever after

Lace and co xx Cheers everyone

Last edited by lacey21; Feb 24th 2007 at 2:54 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 326 Days and still Counting....

:d
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
WOW! What a journey so far.

Long ago in the dim and distant past in a tiny mill town called Oldham. There stood a fair maiden, her defacto and prince 'J'.

They had dream. To leave this dull and depressing life and ride off into the sun a rise early in the morning, tieing me kangeroo down sport and true blue-ing it everywhere.

And as in all true fairy tails, they just clicked their red shoes together and they were magically transported to the promise land.

Yeah! Right enough of that......

Ok, Veni Vidi Vichi

They Came, they saw and brought ice cream.

Originally we were supposed to be going to Brisbane but we had a turn of events and headed to Perth. We knew nothing of this place, we had not researched it, nothing.

What a beautiful place. (Anne4Terry made us feel very welcome thanks for that Anne)

However, I wanted to see Brisbane as there was something endearing about it from my childhood days.

My husband jetted back off to sell the house and the boy and I sat waiting.

And waiting and waiting....

Husband came back with dosh and we went to have a look at Brisbane. Made lots of friends there but we could not connect with the place. It was too hot, humid and crowded for us. It was a disappointment because my best friend Cath (cathnpaul) are destined to go there and all our other mates such as Mrs JFW, Glitterbabe (who gave us her house for three days, thank you hun) Scissors (who made us really really welcome, hi sue, (posh) Raby Bay lol) ell jay (who was on her way there). There were quite a few others and if I have forgotten you I apologise.

We looked around and could find nothing to make us stay. I wanted to stay for my sister (ros from aus) but the place was really hot and humid. We came back early.

When we got on the plane to come back to Perth it felt like we were coming home. It was a good feeling.

'WA' the home of 'wait a while' lol is a lovely place for families, friends and outdoor living.

We came from a back street playground to a sun kissed wonderland

Missing nothing (except MUM, children and some family members x)

We work to live now not live to work.

we have the whole sea as our very own water park (sharks and dolphins included)

The birds are different, even the pigeons are cute (compared to the one's in the UK) lol

The tree's, the wildlife, The kangeroos on the way home from my sons school.

The sun, the amazing lightning, the life style

The smile on my sons face

My husband riding a motorbike (his bald head blowing in the wind)

Best move we ever made, loving it, embracing the australian life style and values.

No going back.......

And.............................................we all lived happily ever after

good post, glad you're enjoying life in Perth.

i'm not sure Oldham is either tiny or a mill town any more though....and we're not top of the table any more
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant post Lacey
Glad you're enjoying your life, it all sounds wonderful (nearly said 'perfect' then realised I'd have someone jumping on me telling me no it's not LOL )
Keep having fun, btw love the bit about your OH's bald head blowing in the wind
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:09 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Helllooo G,
I wondered when you'd get around to it LOL.
Your living the life and all the best to you, OH and J.
Believe me, you ain't missing nowt in Oldham luv
Take care me dear,
J x
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers guys,
Jaycee, should write a book about that bloody place lol

I hope you get over here soon J

Hugs Lace xx
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Lacey,

Glad that you've settled in well and are enjoying it here in Perth. We too are enjoying it, still looking for work though so thats been difficult but got interviews coming up so we should get something soon.

Like you say, the only thing we're missing is family and friends but that would be the same wherever we went.

We just need jobs and a bloody big house price crash and we'll be sorted! lol

It certainly beats Greater Manchester anyway!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:47 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Good one Lace - is it really that long already, seems to have flown since you hit these sunny shores. I agree with the missing nothing but certain people bit but even that's not too bad with very regular contact.

Well done mate

Lou
xx
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weasy
Good one Lace - is it really that long already, seems to have flown since you hit these sunny shores. I agree with the missing nothing but certain people bit but even that's not too bad with very regular contact.

Well done mate

Lou
xx
Good to speak to you the other day (even tho you were dipping your feet in the pool and I was sweating it out at 32 degrees)! Do you really miss family? I thought I did until my sis came to stay, then I realised I don't actually miss anyone! 12,000 miles is plenty of distance! Have my Aunty flying up from Sydney in 2 weeks, here's hoping she can actually cook, clean and look after herself!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:48 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21

I just think you wanted to get away from us all but didn't know how to tell us!

Lovely to hear from you the other night! You would make an excellent sales rep for Perth!

So pleased you are living your dream, long may it continue!

Jackie x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic Lace!!!

Glad you're lovin' it here in sunny Perth.

Jude xx
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:10 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey I cant believe youve been there so long. Really glad you are enjoying it in sunny Perth.

Long may you enjoy your new life.

Jx
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey hey cheers guys

it's not been a picnic I have to say and the job situation is.......hmmm......different lol

but it is better than manchester

lace xxx
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:40 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post Lace,

Glad you've found happiness........you certainly deserve it

Long may it continue

Keep in touch mate, L-j xxxxx
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=lacey21;4450183]WOW! What a journey so far.

Cheers Lace, the long awaited "update from OZ" has arrived.

Can confirm that life in the dark , satanic mills of Oldham is indeed crap..lol

Hope to see you "in the flesh " in a couple of months hon.

Glad your decisions in moving are vindicated

Dave /Wendy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.