3 years in.

Old Sep 4th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 years in.

in the past, i posted a thread about how i didnt like it here after a few days, and i got roasted for, infact its the reason why i left, and didnt post here.

So, after 3 years, i though i would update my findings here, and let you know what i am thinking.

And the truth is, after all that time, i still dont like it here, and would still go back to the UK tommorow if i could, its true that the weather, economy, and standard of living here are MUCH better, but i find people rude, driving a car is like taking your life in your own hands, and the shopping here leave much to be desired. My daughter who was born here, is here, and TBH thats the reason i am staying, with the plan that as soon as she is about 18, then i will buy a place in Devon or Cornwall, and retire there.

so, there you go, i am sticking it out, but its not for me.

soz

Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 years in.

Hi there, you're a blast from the past!

Thats what updates are for, life's not always rosey.......even in Australia and your honesty is what people need to hear. It's great that you are willing to stick it out for the sake of being close to your daughter

Pauline
Old Sep 5th 2009, 2:06 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
in the past, i posted a thread about how i didnt like it here after a few days, and i got roasted for, infact its the reason why i left, and didnt post here.

So, after 3 years, i though i would update my findings here, and let you know what i am thinking.

And the truth is, after all that time, i still dont like it here, and would still go back to the UK tommorow if i could, its true that the weather, economy, and standard of living here are MUCH better, but i find people rude, driving a car is like taking your life in your own hands, and the shopping here leave much to be desired. My daughter who was born here, is here, and TBH thats the reason i am staying, with the plan that as soon as she is about 18, then i will buy a place in Devon or Cornwall, and retire there.

soz

welcome to the 'sticking it out, not for me club'
Old Sep 5th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

soz

Thats a shame, if you are "stuck here" just try and enjoy what Australia DOES offer... every country (with few exceptions) offer something. Just wondering why you don't like shopping here?
Old Sep 5th 2009, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Soapy, it is good to hear from those who are not so happy too, it is much more balanced. At the end of the day, people want different things & it won't suit everyone.
Good luck with sticking it out for your long-term plan!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered how you were getting on. Hope you get lots of trips back between now and when your daughter is 18, and don't get too down with the life. Good luck to you.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 9:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

soz

you want to give it some time man, 5 years or so
Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy©
you want to give it some time man, 5 years or so

gotta agree with that 2.5 years in , things are a helluva alot easier and am a helluva lot more happy than i was, just wish i could find a job i like , then i would be sorted
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

soz

Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong.
I remember your posts and i agreed with them all

Take care, i hope you end up where you belong.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:56 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
gotta agree with that 2.5 years in , things are a helluva alot easier and am a helluva lot more happy than i was, just wish i could find a job i like , then i would be sorted
that may still happen Mags
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Thats a shame, if you are "stuck here" just try and enjoy what Australia DOES offer... every country (with few exceptions) offer something. Just wondering why you don't like shopping here?
I am very happy here but have to admit the shopping is sh*te, particularly for clothes and household stuff. Overpriced and poor quality.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

soz

Nice and candid ! But seriously mate why on earth would you want to hang about for another minute? If your daughter is young enough she will adapt probably better than you think. When I was a kid we moved about a bit and kids make new friends easily and get on with it. If I were you moved back to retire knowing id rather have spent my glory years eleswhere id spend a fair whack of my retirement feeling sorry that I wasted so many years somewhere that wasnt for me.

Come on mate, thats not what you want, if you really dont like it here and think you are better suited, start saving your pennies and head back...
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

West Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to all

You can't stay here for another 18 years if you don't like it! That's miserable, and not much different to a jail sentence.

It's a very tricky one and I do sympathise but really you are better off living where you are happy, rather than being a depressed and frustrated parent over here.

But if you are really intent on staying, you are going to have to buck up your ideas. Life is what you make it, and it is hard to get on over here. I've been here 5 years and have no Aussie friends! All my mates are either Irish, American or Canadian. But i'm not letting that bother me, if I had met some Aussie females worth befriending and had been rejected by them well then i'd be upset. But I haven't so...

Try and build your life in a way that makes you happy. For eg, I am happy to take what Australia has to offer, good weather, great medical system (well I think so) and healthy lifestyle. I miss home (Ireland) tons, I miss the sense of humour and intelligence and wit (same goes for the UK btw, Ilived in Devon and loved Cornwall and that area, would move back there in a heartbeat). But my life is here now and i'm going to make it the best I can with what's on offer here...
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey Mallee isn't far away! That's beside the point though ... for the moment!

We're just about to clock up our 3 yr here anniversary and you get to know the names (ish - I'm not on here much) of those that came same time or started etc so I was interested to see you'd stayed.

I don't suppose there's much I can actually add to what others have written, accept to agree ... my parents moved a fair bit when I was younger and I think it was a benefit to me - meant I took moving over here as if it was easy!

I think you're a bit bonkers to think you need to stay for your daughters benefit ... happy folks are always the best option for any kids - home or away! Good luck for your future - where ever it may be!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

West Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to all

I've had a terrible egg and bacon sarnie in Keith! Fried bacon partnered with... a sliced boiled egg. Can't tell you how sad I was when I discovered that as we drove off lol!

We were on our way back from Glen Elg at the time. Must say I found South Australians to be a super friendly bunch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.