3 months in Tasmania

Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 months in Tasmania

Well, we`ve been here in Tasmania for the last 3 months, and are lovin every minute!!!

We came here `blind` so to speak, having never visited Oz before and so didn`t know what to expect. After spending our first night in what can only be described as an extremely dodgy caravan park:scared: we moved on and began to explore our new surroundings. The weather was shite at first, but having lived in the UK for over 30yrs, we were used to crap weather

Within a week of arriving, we found a house to rent with views to die for, enrolled the girls in the local primary school, and hubby started work! The people we have so far met have been friendly and helpful. On our 3rd day, we asked someone for directions, got talking to him and he invited us to his house for a BBQ. Met some really nice people there, and had a fantastic time!!

We are going through the usual motions of missing family .......but not enough to want to go back

We`ve met up with quite a few BE` members who have been fantastic and only wish we`d made the move a lot sooner!

Heard quite a few people slagging Tasmania off, but one mans meat is another mans poison. Wouldn`t do for everyone to like all the same things as everyone else

For us, it`s perfect and we now regard it as home.

Sharon
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 months in Tasmania

Originally Posted by mashy
Well, we`ve been here in Tasmania for the last 3 months, and are lovin every minute!!!

We came here `blind` so to speak, having never visited Oz before and so didn`t know what to expect. After spending our first night in what can only be described as an extremely dodgy caravan park:scared: we moved on and began to explore our new surroundings. The weather was shite at first, but having lived in the UK for over 30yrs, we were used to crap weather

Within a week of arriving, we found a house to rent with views to die for, enrolled the girls in the local primary school, and hubby started work! The people we have so far met have been friendly and helpful. On our 3rd day, we asked someone for directions, got talking to him and he invited us to his house for a BBQ. Met some really nice people there, and had a fantastic time!!

We are going through the usual motions of missing family .......but not enough to want to go back

We`ve met up with quite a few BE` members who have been fantastic and only wish we`d made the move a lot sooner!

Heard quite a few people slagging Tasmania off, but one mans meat is another mans poison. Wouldn`t do for everyone to like all the same things as everyone else

Sharon
You lucky things! I adore Tassie, and would love it if we were able to live there instead of Queensland,
Are you northerners or southerners? I prefer the Hobart area so I'm certainly a southerner, but the whole island is beautiful. I spent a lot of time down there a few years back, and found the people really friendly and welcoming.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really glad that you've settled in Sharon.

I love your signature
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You lucky things! I adore Tassie, and would love it if we were able to live there instead of Queensland,
Are you northerners or southerners? I prefer the Hobart area so I'm certainly a southerner, but the whole island is beautiful. I spent a lot of time down there a few years back, and found the people really friendly and welcoming.

Hi Polly,

We`re southerners. We`ve not been up north yet.

The people are very friendly here and it is fantastic. Best move we ever made.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm really glad that you've settled in Sharon.

I love your signature

Cheers Wendy

Forgot to add that for hubby`s Christmas present I paid for him to jump out of an airoplane I bought him a tandem skydive jump which he did last Tuesday. He jumped from 10,000 feet and free-fell for 30 seconds:scared:

He landed in one piece and loved it (silly sod)
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:55 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sharon

Great update, really glad you are enjoying it. All the best.

Joex
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly,

We`re southerners. We`ve not been up north yet.

The people are very friendly here and it is fantastic. Best move we ever made.
Hoping to get the Bloke down there this year sometime - if you're still psoting I'll give you a yell.
I am longing for that image of Mount Wellington again - the one when you round the corner on the road into Hobart from the airport, and the mountain is suddenly there in front of you, in all her glory
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:56 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic post mate
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh...glad to see this.

Looking forward to seeing you again on or around the 7th

(Hope no-one from VR puts two and two together )
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:21 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered where you got to Sharon....and there you are down in Tassie!

So pleased to hear you are enjoying it there.....so what extreme sport are you going to try then?

Jackie x
Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Great to hear a positive report for a change on Tas. That is where we're thinking of heading ourselves (have not been before though). It looks like a beautiful island, and when we do our reccie later this year we'll be visiting there and Melbourne probably. We're hoping to locate to the suburbs near Hobart. Where have you settled there? The main reason i'm keen to settle in Tas is that it looks a lovely place to raise kids (i've got a daughter who'll be 4 in march and a 1month old baby boy). How are your kids settling and is there plenty to keep them occupied?
Also, if you dont mind all these questions what kind of work does your partner do ?
We're from Essex, where was you from? I think a lot of people's opinions of different places depends on what they're used to.....
Any advice / info you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:47 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharon
Great Post Sharon.......glad you are happy

Must admit, I'm quite tempted by Tassie myself, talking er' indoors into it would be like extracting teeth from a new born though!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by travelbug
Great to hear a positive report for a change on Tas. That is where we're thinking of heading ourselves (have not been before though). It looks like a beautiful island, and when we do our reccie later this year we'll be visiting there and Melbourne probably. We're hoping to locate to the suburbs near Hobart. Where have you settled there? The main reason i'm keen to settle in Tas is that it looks a lovely place to raise kids (i've got a daughter who'll be 4 in march and a 1month old baby boy). How are your kids settling and is there plenty to keep them occupied?
Also, if you dont mind all these questions what kind of work does your partner do ?
We're from Essex, where was you from? I think a lot of people's opinions of different places depends on what they're used to.....
Any advice / info you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I`ve sent you a pm
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
Hi Sharon, sounds lovely, and your happy thats the main thing.
One day when my brood dont depend on me I will explore these beautiful places, cant wait to vist Tasmania.
Denise x
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:14 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow only just seen this! Sounds fantastic, I need to see Tas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.