27 months on

Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Talking 27 months on

Been a while since I have posted however the dream continues. So for anyone unsure about emigrating, my advice is that if you really want to move, be happy and successful (however you wish to define) etc you will find a way to achieve this once you arrive....

I've now been living in Sydney for 26 months and have no regrets about emigrating from the UK. There are many opportunities down under and while no doubt down to a mix of luck and a driven focus I've landed on my feet and achieved more than I had ever expected.

On the personal side I met my soul mate after being here for 2 months, and have since become engaged and married. We've spent a year living on the edge of Manly before buying a home nearer Hornsby that backs onto the National Park.

On a work front I could never have envisaged how well things have gone. Yes it has taken hard work and some luck however I'm now working across Asia Pacific and have the opportunity to relocate to Hong Kong for 3 years if I wish.

My wife and I are just applying for Citizenship (separate thread) and the we continue to live the dream.

I appreciate that for others there have been difficult challenges to overcome, however I hope our happy tale can help encourage others to take the chance.

all the best

Alex
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 27 months on

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Been a while since I have posted however the dream continues. So for anyone unsure about emigrating, my advice is that if you really want to move, be happy and successful (however you wish to define) etc you will find a way to achieve this once you arrive....

I've now been living in Sydney for 26 months and have no regrets about emigrating from the UK. There are many opportunities down under and while no doubt down to a mix of luck and a driven focus I've landed on my feet and achieved more than I had ever expected.

On the personal side I met my soul mate after being here for 2 months, and have since become engaged and married. We've spent a year living on the edge of Manly before buying a home nearer Hornsby that backs onto the National Park.

On a work front I could never have envisaged how well things have gone. Yes it has taken hard work and some luck however I'm now working across Asia Pacific and have the opportunity to relocate to Hong Kong for 3 years if I wish.

My wife and I are just applying for Citizenship (separate thread) and the we continue to live the dream.

I appreciate that for others there have been difficult challenges to overcome, however I hope our happy tale can help encourage others to take the chance.

all the best

Alex
Congratulations on getting your citizenship, and may you continue to live the dream
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 27 months on

Originally Posted by Alex Hall

all the best
Sounds like you're well sorted. Nice one.