2 year Anniversary

Old Dec 3rd 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2 year Anniversary

Hi Denise

As the song goes 'things can only get better' and you are definately proff of that.

Live the Aussie Dream - I bet that pool's getting some serious use now, enjoy the summer and keep enjoyning Oz!

Lindsey
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, and get the application in for citizenship before they change the timeframe.
Donna
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cranni
To my dear expats
Well as i do this David and the kids are putting the Christmas tree up, our 3rd Christmas in OZ.
As most probably know we came over 5 suitcases, 5 t chest, 3 kids.
We left 3 older ones behind, which was the hardest thing i have ever done.
SETTLING IN: I was the real Billy no mates, I cried every day, and nobody spoke to me. Maybe it was cause i looked really sad.
Then my dear friend Debbie, my 1st Aussie friend, said :hello; and i burst into tears, that was the start of a wonderful relationship, and although Debbie and her lovely family moved to perth 1 year later we still remain close friends and visit as much as we can. Then came my other Aussie mates and Ana my dear friend who found it hard to settle and has gone back to Spain, but she is a ping pong, and maybe she will return. We went round the show houses and my youngest told the couple in there i was half way to 90, well they fell about laughing, but have become really special friends to us.
School: the kids settled in from day one, never have i had any problems, they are becoming real little Ozzies.And the school is great.
They do cricket, soccer, and 1 has guitar lessons, they do so much here for the kids.
Davids job: well David is the most laid back person you could ever meet, and just went with the flow, we where sponsored here so he has to stay with the job for 2 years, dont know what we will do, maybe he will go self employed, we will sort it out after Christmas. But he is happy thats the main thing, but with me as his wife he should be. Lucky man !!!
We built our own house which was so exciting, and 12 months down the line we moved in, it was stressful , we had no electric over Christmas, but friends rallied round and helped out.
Food: We thought it would be cheaper, but its not, we dont miss anything cause we are easy to please really, well David says im easy to please
The bills are much the same, but rates and Car Ins are much cheaper.
Family: some say people settle better if they dont have a close family, partly true, Davids family are not close, mine are, so he finds it easier than me, I miss them terribly but i have to think of my 6 children and the future generations, I think this is a better life.
I will leave it there for now, as the kids want me to help with the tree, but its not all been easy for us, and we have had lots of tears on our journey.
So ill stop for now and come back on later, or you will get bored and tell me to get lost, back later
Denise xxxxx
Hey wicked post - congrats and best wishes for the future.

Sue
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

To my dear expats
Well as i do this David and the kids are putting the Christmas tree up, our 3rd Christmas in OZ.
As most probably know we came over 5 suitcases, 5 t chest, 3 kids.
We left 3 older ones behind, which was the hardest thing i have ever done.
SETTLING IN: I was the real Billy no mates, I cried every day, and nobody spoke to me. Maybe it was cause i looked really sad.
Then my dear friend Debbie, my 1st Aussie friend, said :hello; and i burst into tears, that was the start of a wonderful relationship, and although Debbie and her lovely family moved to perth 1 year later we still remain close friends and visit as much as we can. Then came my other Aussie mates and Ana my dear friend who found it hard to settle and has gone back to Spain, but she is a ping pong, and maybe she will return. We went round the show houses and my youngest told the couple in there i was half way to 90, well they fell about laughing, but have become really special friends to us.
School: the kids settled in from day one, never have i had any problems, they are becoming real little Ozzies.And the school is great.
They do cricket, soccer, and 1 has guitar lessons, they do so much here for the kids.
Davids job: well David is the most laid back person you could ever meet, and just went with the flow, we where sponsored here so he has to stay with the job for 2 years, dont know what we will do, maybe he will go self employed, we will sort it out after Christmas. But he is happy thats the main thing, but with me as his wife he should be. Lucky man !!!
We built our own house which was so exciting, and 12 months down the line we moved in, it was stressful , we had no electric over Christmas, but friends rallied round and helped out.
Food: We thought it would be cheaper, but its not, we dont miss anything cause we are easy to please really, well David says im easy to please
The bills are much the same, but rates and Car Ins are much cheaper.
Family: some say people settle better if they dont have a close family, partly true, Davids family are not close, mine are, so he finds it easier than me, I miss them terribly but i have to think of my 6 children and the future generations, I think this is a better life.
I will leave it there for now, as the kids want me to help with the tree, but its not all been easy for us, and we have had lots of tears on our journey.
So ill stop for now and come back on later, or you will get bored and tell me to get lost, back later
Denise xxxxx
PART 2
As i said i left 3 older kids back in UK, my daughter missed us so much, and i missed her, I ended up on anti-depressents [the 1st time in my life]. I lost 2 stone in weight[not a bad thing] I got where i could not leave the house. My hubby just did not know what to do, but I know there is nothing he could have done, I just sat and cried all the time. Any way 6 month later she came, it was hard for her at first and i did worry, but she is now a real Ozzy, and loves the Ozzy life, she has taken Bunbury by storm.
Then 12 month later Scott[my 23 yr old] came over on a student visa, with his beautiful partner Kerry, hopefully he will get his residency after his 2 years of study, they also love it here. Then there is just my oldest Kevin, he is here at the moment with his partner and they love it, they plan to emigrate next year, so yipee, I did it, I took a risk and it paid off,A BIG RISK but what the heck life is too short to wonder 'what if '
WORK, I new someone that ran a kids hostel, children in care, and i work there on a casual basis, but i seem to do lots of hours as the job is very stressful.
HOME, we have built a lovely 5 bed 2 bath house and have a great pool, last night when we got back from Perth we all jumped in and it was like bath water, David put solar heating in, oh it was great!
LIFESTYLE, well that really is what we come for, its just great, I love the sun shining and the blue skies, Bunbury is the most beautiful place.
We have made loads of friends, we have never had any abuse at us, and our friends are Aussie, English, Welsh, NZ, South African, Scottish, Spanish oh and the list goes on, its great to have so many different cultures in our life.
Anyway dont want to bore you too much, so off to get dressed now, meeting my lovely friends for lunch, as it was 2 years today we arrived in Oz.
Denise x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi Denise

As the song goes 'things can only get better' and you are definately proff of that.

Live the Aussie Dream - I bet that pool's getting some serious use now, enjoy the summer and keep enjoyning Oz!

Lindsey
Hi there, how are things going with you, when do you plan to come over.
Thanks for your kind words.
Denise x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
Denise, from one Lancastrian to another I wish you well for the next 2 years.
Thanks, how is your application going, where in Lancaster do you live.
pm me
Denise x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2 year Anniversary

To Auntie Denise,

Congratulations on your two years, we are both so glad it's worked out for you as you are the loveliest person I've ever met and you so deserve to be happy.

I would also like to say a huge thank you, you made it so much easier for us when we first arrived in WA and if it wasnt for your generous nature and hospitality we would have found it harder to make the move to Bunbury, but we are so glad we did as this is home for us as well now.

Here's to many more happy years for you and the rest of the Cranswicks!

Looking forward to lunch

xxxxxxx
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridie
To Auntie Denise,

Congratulations on your two years, we are both so glad it's worked out for you as you are the loveliest person I've ever met and you so deserve to be happy.

I would also like to say a huge thank you, you made it so much easier for us when we first arrived in WA and if it wasnt for your generous nature and hospitality we would have found it harder to make the move to Bunbury, but we are so glad we did as this is home for us as well now.

Here's to many more happy years for you and the rest of the Cranswicks!

Looking forward to lunch

xxxxxxx
Oh Bridie, now you made me cry and my make up has run.
What you dont realise is its you lot that made it easier for me, just helping others and making new freinds helped me through it.
And believe me we have made some lovely friends through expats.
Its lovely to see you on here, and i want to tell everyone who knows you your good news. A little ozzy on the way, its so exciting.
Dont worry if Malc passes out , i will be there at the hospital waiting to see the little un.
Anyway see you very soon.
Love Denise xxxx
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Bridie, now you made me cry and my make up has run.
LOL, I'll look out for an Alice Cooper lookalike in the restaurant then!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

From two more Lancastrians (St.Helens)...congratulations Denise and family...and what a lovely family you have got Have a wonderful Christmas and a great 2007. We both loved OZ since we arrived...35 years ago! We have been back to visit relatives and friends a few times but it's always good to come back to Oz. xxx.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, how is your application going, where in Lancaster do you live.
pm me
Denise x
I live in Perth now, have done for 18 months. Was brought up in Warton nr Carnforth.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:35 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the 2 year mark - what you have now must seem all the sweeter after the difficulties you encountered

Gillian
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

debdex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sme
Congrats on the 2 year mark - what you have now must seem all the sweeter after the difficulties you encountered

Gillian
well done youve got through the worst and now you can reap the rewards...

Why is every1 in Perth??? begining to think I shud come over.. think i will next year for definate..

If any1 has any tips on where would be apprecited
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
I live in Perth now, have done for 18 months. Was brought up in Warton nr Carnforth.
My hubby was born in Carnforth, and i was brought up on Ridge in Lancaster, we lived in Heysham before we came over.
How are you settling in Perth.
Oh and i used to go to the Redwell.
Denise
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby was born in Carnforth, and i was brought up on Ridge in Lancaster, we lived in Heysham before we came over.
How are you settling in Perth.
Oh and i used to go to the Redwell.
Denise
Small world, parents in law still live in Carnforth. I also used to frequent the Redwell although I spent most of my teenage years on pub crawls around Lancaster usually ending up in the Water Witch, long way to walk back to the bus station. Love Perth, right place for me at my time of life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.