Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 weeks on the Gold Coast

2 weeks on the Gold Coast

Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default 2 weeks on the Gold Coast

We have been here on the Gold Coast two weeks on Friday and have spent the first two week in a short term apartment in Burleigh Heads (gorgeous). What a hectic couple of weeks! We moved into our rental today in Robina with all of our furniture arriving from the UK, bought a car and enrolled our daughter Anna (7) into Varsity College .

We have managed to organised TFN numbers, ABN number for my oh, medicare, drivers licence and visited centrelink for family allowance (equivalent).

Even managed to meet up for coffee with a great bunch of girls on a Wed who I met via this site! oh and the all important beach visits.

So far so good and although our feet havent touched the ground I cant believe what you can do in two weeks! Finding a rental I would say was the toughest - not too many rentals available at the minute and open days are a new thing! Just so happened to see a new listing and somehow got in their first.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has offered fantastic advice on BE throughout the visa application and researching of areas. Will keep you posted so far one very family.

Last edited by nbn8; Aug 4th 2010 at 11:48 am.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks on the Gold Coast

Welcome to the GC. Great that you've already met up with some lovely people and have so much sorted. Hope it's all you imagined or better.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:16 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like you are having a ball You've got so much done in such a short time - keep enjoying the adventure!
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the goldie.
i remember the first month like it was yesterday. im so glad im passed all that. you guys sound like your having a fantastic time

good luck
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, busy first few weeks.
Well done & hope it all continues well
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Thank you things still going well. OH has now flown off for work in Groote Eeylandt NT for 6 weeks. So home alone with the little ones wish me luck
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:13 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbn8
We have been here on the Gold Coast two weeks on Friday and have spent the first two week in a short term apartment in Burleigh Heads (gorgeous). What a hectic couple of weeks! We moved into our rental today in Robina with all of our furniture arriving from the UK, bought a car and enrolled our daughter Anna (7) into Varsity College .

We have managed to organised TFN numbers, ABN number for my oh, medicare, drivers licence and visited centrelink for family allowance (equivalent).

Even managed to meet up for coffee with a great bunch of girls on a Wed who I met via this site! oh and the all important beach visits.

So far so good and although our feet havent touched the ground I cant believe what you can do in two weeks! Finding a rental I would say was the toughest - not too many rentals available at the minute and open days are a new thing! Just so happened to see a new listing and somehow got in their first.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has offered fantastic advice on BE throughout the visa application and researching of areas. Will keep you posted so far one family.
Glad you made it and are having a good time

Cooler
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you things still going well. OH has now flown off for work in Groote Eeylandt NT for 6 weeks. So home alone with the little ones wish me luck
Oh good luck with that Nicky!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Glad you made it and are having a good time

Cooler
Yeah finally made it Cooler and getting sorted. How are you getting on with work?
Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has offered fantastic advice on BE throughout the visa application and researching of areas. Will keep you posted so far one very family.

Think of us on Tuesday (17th) this is when we land, heading for the GC, two weeks in holiday accom.....then the fun starts hey!!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear its going well.

When we lived in on the cost really enjoyed our Sunday afternoons on Mount Tambourine - somewhere to take the little ones in he next six weeks?
Old Aug 14th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bezzanbob
Glad to hear its going well.

When we lived in on the cost really enjoyed our Sunday afternoons on Mount Tambourine - somewhere to take the little ones in he next six weeks?
Thanks! Just starting to get out and about seeing all of the sights and will visit Mount Tambourine. 5 more weeks to go!
Old Aug 19th 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

James and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to allJames and Alison is a name known to all

Where was short term rental? Can we have details if poss?
We arrive 4th Nov in Sydney to see rellies then upto Gold Coast for new life a week later ... still trying to sort out accommodation etc. Can't wait!!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 2:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James and Alison
Where was short term rental? Can we have details if poss?
We arrive 4th Nov in Sydney to see rellies then upto Gold Coast for new life a week later ... still trying to sort out accommodation etc. Can't wait!!
Get it booked now. Any later and you could really struggle to find anywhere.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Great update glad everything is coming together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.