Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 Months on the Gold Coast

2 Months on the Gold Coast

Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

rich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nice
Default 2 Months on the Gold Coast

Hey,

Well we are here! It has been a little crazy in the end getting here, everything moving a lot faster than originally planned.

We arrived on the 20th of October in the end. We have finally settled on the suburb of Pacific Pines, yes it isnt for everyone, bit further out from the beach etc and is only really residential. But we like it. Managed to meet a few good people as well as meeting up with people we originally met through BE while we where still in Scotland!

Due to me working away the advice which we got from BE has been brilliant...little tips to help speed the process up with securing rentals to what to bring with you when you fly over! Dont think we could have done it all so easily with out the help of the people on here...and of course the totally random comments to keep you smiling when it didnt seem so easy!

So far there is almost nothing I miss about back home apart from the family. I think this will always be hard, we took the only granddaughter away from the family and I think you would need to have a heart of stone to not feel some guilt over that or wish they could still be in her life (although in a perfect world over here!) Also with Christmas upon us I think it makes it all seem so much worse!! I feel this is the place for us but only time will tell if that is forever!! I certainly hope so...

Sorry bit of a random post in the end but once again just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the useful posts and help since I first joined!!

Oh and if anyone ever fancies a pint or 2 and your in the GC/Pac Pines area give me a shout!

Cheers
Richard
Old Dec 13th 2011, 9:22 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Months on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by rich.mason
Hey,

Well we are here! It has been a little crazy in the end getting here, everything moving a lot faster than originally planned.

We arrived on the 20th of October in the end. We have finally settled on the suburb of Pacific Pines, yes it isnt for everyone, bit further out from the beach etc and is only really residential. But we like it. Managed to meet a few good people as well as meeting up with people we originally met through BE while we where still in Scotland!

Due to me working away the advice which we got from BE has been brilliant...little tips to help speed the process up with securing rentals to what to bring with you when you fly over! Dont think we could have done it all so easily with out the help of the people on here...and of course the totally random comments to keep you smiling when it didnt seem so easy!

So far there is almost nothing I miss about back home apart from the family. I think this will always be hard, we took the only granddaughter away from the family and I think you would need to have a heart of stone to not feel some guilt over that or wish they could still be in her life (although in a perfect world over here!) Also with Christmas upon us I think it makes it all seem so much worse!! I feel this is the place for us but only time will tell if that is forever!! I certainly hope so...

Sorry bit of a random post in the end but once again just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the useful posts and help since I first joined!!

Oh and if anyone ever fancies a pint or 2 and your in the GC/Pac Pines area give me a shout!

Cheers
Richard

Congrats on a smooth arrival! You will feel at home in Pac Pines - loads of Scots there apparently..
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

rich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nice
Default Re: 2 Months on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Carbery
Congrats on a smooth arrival! You will feel at home in Pac Pines - loads of Scots there apparently..
I have heard this lots of Scots rumour...although the butcher selling haggis and square sausage it kinda adds weight to this!

It has been easyish so far but the speed bumps I am sure will come eventually!!