Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 Months in Adelaide - We're getting there !

2 Months in Adelaide - We're getting there !

Old May 27th 2007, 2:32 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2 Months in Adelaide - We're getting there !

How quick did you get a mortgage Wendy and Dorothy?? I thought we would need to be there at least 6 months??
Old May 27th 2007, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
How quick did you get a mortgage Wendy and Dorothy?? I thought we would need to be there at least 6 months??

I waited for 8 months before deciding where to buy, but Dorothy got one within 3 weeks
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:15 am
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice

Great to see other people are heading to Adelaide, thanks for the link for property in Adelaide. We too are heading out mid 08
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nat1971
Hi, again, I would say overall that beachside would be more expensive, but you haven't got to come too inland, to get cheaper, and still only a short drive from beach. Glenelg is IMO expensive, then come down further south to brighton, seacliff and it's a bit cheaper, i think, but it depends how further south you want to go. Next stop is hallett cove, which can be reasonable, depending on budget, but it's more of a pebble beach/cove than brighton etc. Although saying that, i still think it's lovely, but not such a beach that you'd tend to go to for a "day out at the beach" as you would to glenelg etc. Further down you've got christies (a couple in between that I've missed out, but can't comment on, cos I've not been to them). Christies is cheaper, but I'm talking about the area, actual beachside is probably just as dear, as some of the houses are quite big. But I'm only taking a guess there, I've not actually looked at prices, so don't quote me, on that.
Further south you've got port noarlunga. Then further it's seaford, moana which are all nice areas, from what i've heard.
But again, you can come inland to flagstaff hill, happy valley etc and again, i've heard good things about them too. And they are not too far from the beaches either.
www.realestate.com.au is a good site to look on for houses as it represents all estate agents rather than just one.
We hired a car for the first two weeks, then bought our own.
Nat
An excellent post! i have a brother in West Beach, but i think you have given me more info than he has!
we are hoping to come sometime next year (who knows when), to an area nearby
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Hi,
Dito to all that has already been said. Any more experiances in the future would also be appreciated I think from all of us.
Thanks Joanne
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:19 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
I waited for 8 months before deciding where to buy, but Dorothy got one within 3 weeks
We got one within a week!!

Wasnt planned but found the house of our dreams and just seemed silly to walk way, so applied for mortgage and got it!! Few people said we were mad buying the house so quick but 7 months on and I seriously think buying a house so quick personally made us all settle much quicker than if we hadnt!! Somewhere to call home is invaluable in my opinion!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Nice to hear someone settle so quickly. Where did you decide to live and why? Do you have any children and which schools did you choose ?
Sorry for all the questions, the whole concept frightens the hell out of me.I have two boys 14 and 7. Hope to be over there after christmas.
JOANNE
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Nice to hear someone settle so quickly. Where did you decide to live and why? Do you have any children and which schools did you choose ?
Sorry for all the questions, the whole concept frightens the hell out of me.I have two boys 14 and 7. Hope to be over there after christmas.
JOANNE

That's the same age as my two!, except my 7 year old is a girl
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We're headed for Adelaide too. So thanks OP for the great post! We hope to be there June 2008. Currently waiting for Skills Assessment result and IELTS tests.

Did you know there are a couple of dedicated Adelaide sites which are very useful. Although BE is EXCELLENT! LOL.

Nicola