Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 and a half years on the Gold Coast

2 and a half years on the Gold Coast

Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 and a half years on the Gold Coast

jeez Nic - 3 years!!
Well congrats to you
Thanks, it's a relief about R.

we must meet up when we warm up again! We turn into hermit crabs when its cold. How would we cope in a British winter

xx00xx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
jeez Nic - 3 years!!
Well congrats to you
Thanks, it's a relief about R.

we must meet up when we warm up again! We turn into hermit crabs when its cold. How would we cope in a British winter

xx00xx
Yes hibernating in our pj's

btw we're on the move again Back to the goldie

xxx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Yes hibernating in our pj's

btw we're on the move again Back to the goldie

xxx
yay it is rather spec hey? what area you thinking of?

xxx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

yay it is rather spec hey? what area you thinking of?

xxx
Not really sure yet! It'll be the northern end though because of Alex's work xxx
Old Jul 29th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Glad you all had a good hol back to UK and R is more settled since returning. How's the job going
Claire
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hunt66
Glad you all had a good hol back to UK and R is more settled since returning. How's the job going
Claire
Hi Claire,
Thanks The job is fantastic thankyou, getting better all the time! How about you? How's your middle sized one? is he enjoying school?
Sam x
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Hi Sam

Glad to hear your daughter is much more settled, you must be so relieved. Also pleased that Stu is still enjoying the job! Paul still does but I'll be glad when we find out whether we have to move or not!

Let us know if your ever up this way as it would be great to see you again!

Jo x
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Claire,
Thanks The job is fantastic thankyou, getting better all the time! How about you? How's your middle sized one? is he enjoying school?
Sam x

He's never been happier, he loves school and life though the pre-teen hormones have started lol, I can sense the fun to come.
Claire x
Old Jul 30th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Hi Sam

Glad to hear your daughter is much more settled, you must be so relieved. Also pleased that Stu is still enjoying the job! Paul still does but I'll be glad when we find out whether we have to move or not!

Let us know if your ever up this way as it would be great to see you again!

Jo x
Hi Jo,
Thanks hun
mmm....moving....there's no chance i'm moving now R's settled! We'll see what happens but with mortgage, teenagers and OH's with jobs in the area it's a VERY BIG ask to ask you to move!! I'll be glad when this intitial years over though so we can book a nice holiday and actually know more in advance when he's off rather than lastminute.com!!

Glad to hear Paul's getting on well.

fingers crossed to us hey?

sam x
Originally Posted by hunt66
He's never been happier, he loves school and life though the pre-teen hormones have started lol, I can sense the fun to come.
Claire x
Wow Claire, that's fab news and well done on your degree too, you can relax and enjoy the QLD lifestyle more hey?
Yes, hormones - i stay away from R in the morning and when they flutter i lock her in her room, lol!! She's 14 next week

Sam x
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Hi Jo,
Thanks hun
mmm....moving....there's no chance i'm moving now R's settled! We'll see what happens but with mortgage, teenagers and OH's with jobs in the area it's a VERY BIG ask to ask you to move!! I'll be glad when this intitial years over though so we can book a nice holiday and actually know more in advance when he's off rather than lastminute.com!!

Glad to hear Paul's getting on well.

fingers crossed to us hey?

sam x

You should be fine Sam as there are a lot of stations Stu can travel to, we only really have one and we've been told there are no vacancies so it doesn't look good!! I'm dreading it but the not knowing is worse! I can't wait for a holiday as well!

Take care!
x
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

what a lovely read. made me smile
great stuff guys. couldnt happen to a nicer couple
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
You should be fine Sam as there are a lot of stations Stu can travel to, we only really have one and we've been told there are no vacancies so it doesn't look good!! I'm dreading it but the not knowing is worse! I can't wait for a holiday as well!

Take care!
x
oh no!! well good luck, keep us informed. xx

Originally Posted by soapy©
what a lovely read. made me smile
great stuff guys. couldnt happen to a nicer couple
arrrh, fanks Soaps x
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Great update
Its nice to hear your 13 year old is settled now.