1st month in Australia

Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st month in Australia

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Usual blanket generalisation. All schools in both countries are different and what works for one child will not work for another. I am very impressed with the standard of education my girls are getting it and find it totally on a par with the education they received in the UK.

To the poster who was asking about what year her daughter will go into - if you are coming to Queensland grade 7 is the last year of primary. But there are some schools that have grade 7 as the first year of High School. I think in the next few years QLD are planning on changing it to tie in with the other states.
we looked at 6 private schools in the Noosa area, the boys didn't like any of them, we looked one state school - they loved it, in fact we all fell in love with it straight away! Sending them to Eumundi State School was the best move we could have made. The teachers and children are great, our boys are thriving. They are so happy, eager to get to school, they've got a great bond with their teachers and love learning.

A few weeks back Aaron was walking down the corridor at school and his teacher called him over, she said to him "Tell your mum I'm so pleased you came to Australia" Aaron naturally asked why and she replied " cos you're really great kids" - he came out of school with a smile from ear to ear!
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

Can you tell me what tips your friends gave you about mistakes they had made? This would be useful to me and others.
Thanks Sara
Old May 28th 2007, 7:44 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
One of mans most important inventions according to my hubby!!
Couldn't agree more!

....and their Beer Fridges just blow your mind!
Attached Thumbnails 1st month in Australia-perth-72-.jpg  
Old May 28th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well said mate

I hate it when people presume that unless you send your kids to 'private' school you are not giving them the best.

My lad came out of school with 8 GCSE's and 9 A levels, he's now doing a course at Uni (one of the hardest there) which will enable him to work anywhere in the world. He went to one of the shittiest schools in England! He WANTS to learn though, and to me THAT is the key. Doesn't matter how much money you spend, if they don't want to learn then they wont.
so so true my son has the brain but is too lazy/ immature to use it. Just hope he will learn from his mistakes.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophjam
so so true my son has the brain but is too lazy/ immature to use it. Just hope he will learn from his mistakes.

Know what you mean, my middle son is just like that. I can't see him going to University!