Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

16 months the ups and downs

16 months the ups and downs

Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default 16 months the ups and downs

I should of known things werent going to run smoothly when we realised our flight tickets arrived in OZ before we did , royal mail in there wisdom re directed our mail the day they received the form not the date we asked for so frantic phone call to get the tickets re issued, we had to be in Oz for our sons wedding in November but the visa hadnt been issued so we got a 3 month visa packed up and came , we were here a week when the visa was issued so we went to NZealand to get it issued,while we were there we used a internet cafe and when we got back and checked our bank account someone had taken £25,000 from our account we did get it back in a few days but it was a bit of a shock.
We rented our house out at first in the Uk just to be sure we had made the right decision, we are now on our third rental twice the owners have sold up when our lease has run out so we put our house on the market and were due to exchange contracts in December but it all fell through,hubby was having a hard time getting work and it was all becoming to stressful and then the bombshell hubby found out he had a aggressive form of cancer I could of packed up and gone home but a month later our lovely grandson was born so we werent going anywhere.
Im not a superstitious person but I bought Derek a fortune plant its supposed to bring you good health and good luck, and he has now finished six months of treatment and is doing really well our house has now sold and he has got a job he likes , and iv got the best job in the world Im a nana and a nanny looking after my grandson 2 days a week so my daughter in law can go back to work.
We have made some great friends from xpats you know who you are I really dont know what we would of done without you, its been the worst and best year of my life but there is a light at the end of the tunnel its just been a long time getting there,good luck to everyone making the move its not allways easy but worth it in the end.
Janet
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Homebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant future
Smile Re: 16 months the ups and downs

You're definately due some good luck. Hope 2008's a better year for you! x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:26 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 16 months the ups and downs

Hey Janet,

Good luck to you, the low's make the high's feel that much better. It is sad when i read the word "cancer", but i hope your husband remains clear and you enjoy your grand kids.

Good luck!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:28 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing your ups and downs. Hopefully itll be all ups from here. Glad to hear hubby is doing ok. All the best for your future.

Joexx
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Thanks for sharing your ups and downs. Hopefully itll be all ups from here. Glad to hear hubby is doing ok. All the best for your future.

Joexx
Thanks for the good wishes and the karma that was sent
Janet
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Thanks for the good wishes and the karma that was sent
Janet
Hi Jan

You are definitely a person who looks at life with a 'cup half full rather than half empty' and it has been so good to meet up with you and Derek! Here's to a long and lasting friendship! There is nothing like the magic of being a Nana and Pops (or Grandad) is there? Love the pic!

Take care

Lin & Keith
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

smude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nice

I should of known things werent going to run smoothly when we realised our flight tickets arrived in OZ before we did , royal mail in there wisdom re directed our mail the day they received the form not the date we asked for so frantic phone call to get the tickets re issued, we had to be in Oz for our sons wedding in November but the visa hadnt been issued so we got a 3 month visa packed up and came , we were here a week when the visa was issued so we went to NZealand to get it issued,while we were there we used a internet cafe and when we got back and checked our bank account someone had taken £25,000 from our account we did get it back in a few days but it was a bit of a shock.
We rented our house out at first in the Uk just to be sure we had made the right decision, we are now on our third rental twice the owners have sold up when our lease has run out so we put our house on the market and were due to exchange contracts in December but it all fell through,hubby was having a hard time getting work and it was all becoming to stressful and then the bombshell hubby found out he had a aggressive form of cancer I could of packed up and gone home but a month later our lovely grandson was born so we werent going anywhere.
Im not a superstitious person but I bought Derek a fortune plant its supposed to bring you good health and good luck, and he has now finished six months of treatment and is doing really well our house has now sold and he has got a job he likes , and iv got the best job in the world Im a nana and a nanny looking after my grandson 2 days a week so my daughter in law can go back to work.
We have made some great friends from xpats you know who you are I really dont know what we would of done without you, its been the worst and best year of my life but there is a light at the end of the tunnel its just been a long time getting there,good luck to everyone making the move its not allways easy but worth it in the end.
Janet
Glad to hear things are going well with your husband. My husband is recovering from treatment for cancer - his was diagnosed just as we submitted our application. We are hoping to move out to Gosford - do you mind me asking where you go for your husbands checks and your thoughts on the treatment you received?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! What a rollercoaster!
So glad that your OH's health is doing well & congrats on becoming grandparents.
Hope all continues to work well for you & life only gets better
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smude
Glad to hear things are going well with your husband. My husband is recovering from treatment for cancer - his was diagnosed just as we submitted our application. We are hoping to move out to Gosford - do you mind me asking where you go for your husbands checks and your thoughts on the treatment you received?
Thanks for the replys, have PMD you smudge.
Janet
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU
Sounds like youv'e had enough bad luck lately. Sending you some Karma
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:29 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Jim and Gill x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[Janet[/QUOTE]

Hang in there !

Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Janet
All the best to you Hang in there!