13 weeks in ....

Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:04 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default 13 weeks in ....

Where has the time gone

Well we landed in Perth on 28th January after spending 5 nights in Singapore ( which was tiring but good ). Anyway we were met by a fabulous friends Walla, Dawn, Deb and Mick. They came in separate cars and we had ours to pick up at the airport, well its a good job with our 6 suitcases. So we all left separately and i had said that the key would be left outside in the cupboard. We turns up and they where all in and had the wine already flowing They had provided us with a food hamper glasses, beer and even stubby holders. That night i didnt want them to leave....that night i felt lonely in our rental.

So.....the first week was spent getting the essentials organised. TFN, medicare, Driving license, kids uniforms ( we had already organised a school before we left), my uniforms ( i had already had a job before we left).

The second week we threw the kids into school ( not daft eh !!!) and we got on with finding 2 cars. I suppose this was the biggest pain in the arse. There are some piles of shite out there and they still sell them for $1000's , so be careful what you choose and get a mechanic to check it over before you buy we did at a cost of $90 and we have a a great Nissan Terrono 2 parked on our drive now.

Week 3 was ' our ' week to try and chill, it would be our last together for a while so we made the most of it, with trips to the beach and regular lunches out.

By week 4 i had started work and hated it from day one...but it has got better. I have 20 years on nursing behind me, been in charge for a number of years and to have some stuck up 20 year old with less than 5 years experience telling you what to do it very frustrating, but you know i have got over it. I remember coming home form work one day crying ( yet again ).....i decided that i wasn't going into work the next day. I made up some lunch , took a book with me and headed to the beach, i was the only one ont he beach. I had a long think about things and basically cleared my head. It did wonders for me and now i am ok. Don't get me wrong its not like my job back in the UK ...but HEY i am not in the UK so lets get on with it.

Weeks 5, 6 and 7 ....My lovely hubby was a stay home Dad, which the kids loved as he is much softer than me. I would always get in from work with the run down of his day and what he had bought from the shops in list form ( why is it they do that )

Week 8 and Hubby had found work in his usual field of work as a Manager, money is much better than in the UK and he is finding it OK.....as he says 'its a job for now '

By week 9 we only had 4 weeks left on our rental so we knew we would have to start looking...boy what an experience. 15 other couples turning up for one house is a bit daunting. But a stroke of luck happened in that we had a phone call from the landlord asking if we wanted to long term rent the one we where in ...YES YES YES !!! We pay $380 a week now and we are in a great location and we love it.

The remaining weeks saw our container arrive safely with nothing missing or broken ( that much ) ....we have bought some lovely things for the house, which could never have afforded in the UK...so thats been fun. I celebrated my 40th, we have surfed and snorkeled and nearly drowned doing both

The kids are happy and settled in school , Eldest thinks her work is too easy for her, but have been reassured by teacher.

So in 13 weeks....we have come along way. I havent been homesick, but i have missed my family and friends. Its too early to say whats around the corner. I love Perth . i love Australia and right now wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world.

For all those waiting good luck....
For all those going back.......good luck, at least you have tried it, more than some would ever do.

Take it easy...
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:25 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 13 weeks in ....

QUOTE]

Superb progress Issie, well done.

Your planning and preparation sems to have brought things together quickly.

See you on the other side maybe.

Dave
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:32 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
QUOTE]

Superb progress Issie, well done.

Your planning and preparation sems to have brought things together quickly.

See you on the other side maybe.

Dave
Will have the beers chilling for you guys.

Also if you need a pick up at the airport i have a good 7 seater terrano sat on the drive
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:36 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you have settled into life here, and are enjoying it.

Shirley x
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:04 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well done mate, you all deserve every bit of happiness. See you soon. Cx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
Well done mate, you all deserve every bit of happiness. See you soon. Cx
I forgot to mention that this lovely lady met me for a coffee and a big breakfast at the Wild Fig and from then on i was hooked with the place. We sat and looked over the indian ocean......pinch me !

Thanks lovely lady
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:47 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
I forgot to mention that this lovely lady met me for a coffee and a big breakfast at the Wild Fig and from then on i was hooked with the place. We sat and looked over the indian ocean......pinch me !

Thanks lovely lady
lady.... steady on
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
lady.... steady on
I did initially put bird but then changed it
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Issie
I did initially put bird but then changed it
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

what part of perth are you in???

great post , I love it when it works out for people

Had you been there before on a holiday to know what school to put the kiddies into??
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by bev1
what part of perth are you in???

great post , I love it when it works out for people

Had you been there before on a holiday to know what school to put the kiddies into??
We live in Carine.

We came out last year to look at our ' preferred' schools , but prior to that we had done all the work on the net.

Where are you heading ?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely update D I knew you would love it!

Know exactly what you mean about the work thing....will have to compare notes on that one, but at least it finances our lifestyles eh?

Jackie x
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Lovely update D I knew you would love it!

Know exactly what you mean about the work thing....will have to compare notes on that one, but at least it finances our lifestyles eh?

Jackie x
I think most UK nurses feel the same way J.....
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear you are settling in nicely.All the best.x Sandra
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:37 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

you sound happy and chilled Issie - glad things have gone mainly smoothly.

and its funny how if you're happy with where your life is even having a crappy job is bearable when you know that when you get home you love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.