Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

11 months in Oz and we are out of here (thank god!)

11 months in Oz and we are out of here (thank god!)

Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 months in Oz and we are out of here (thank god!)

Originally Posted by sprintman
Your thicker than mud. Re read my post and see if you can get your dumb head around it, I doubt it. A clue, stop thinking Australia in general as it's a massive country with a massive diversity and start thinking location. Now I've given you the clue work it out!
If you wish to remain a member o this forum I suggest you read the Site Rules. insults of that kind are not wanted on here and if you continue to post in this way you will be banned.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

londonmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G586
Having read Pollyana's posts for several years, I can assure you she is brighter and more thoughtful than you can possibly imagine...
At risk of sounding like a whinging Pom, I get an email each time you slag each other off. I have to come to the forum to see what the message is, or else I won't get an email when someone actually writes an intelligent on-topic response.
It's no fun. Really.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonmike
At risk of sounding like a whinging Pom, I get an email each time you slag each other off. I have to come to the forum to see what the message is, or else I won't get an email when someone actually writes an intelligent on-topic response.
It's no fun. Really.
Actually G586 wasn't the one doing the slagging off.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Your thicker than mud. Re read my post and see if you can get your dumb head around it, I doubt it. A clue, stop thinking Australia in general as it's a massive country with a massive diversity and start thinking location. Now I've given you the clue work it out!
Sprintman,

Just curious, what would you consider to be your favourite place in Oz? From your posts, looks like you have been there for some number of years?

Twinset
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

londonmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually G586 wasn't the one doing the slagging off.
Another wasted visit to the forum. Cheers.
Best unsubscribe from this thread I think. It's lost its way...
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future

I think you'll find it's "You're thicker than mud".
Not "Your thicker than mud".

Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Jumped in boots and all didn't you without understanding the post or it's point. Your not very bright are you?
Your grammar isn't very good is it?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another example,smart arse.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:35 am
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

Twinset how do I PM you?
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:52 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Are you that insecure that you feel the need to insult somebody's fair opinion for no good reason whatsoever?

'Your thicker than mud' - amusing...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Interesting views and opinions but seeing as how I was the original poster then maybe I can bring things back on topic.

First and foremost as I set out in the original post my views are exactly those i.e. my views and as such there is no empirical right or wrong, it is just a set of views. I am not a died in the wool Englishman as some seem to have assumed but rather I have been living away from the UK for nearly 10 years.

Having now left (and being back in my adopted Germany) I (and we) feel a lot happier. Even the days when its cold, miserable and raining. The fact is, the lifestyle suits us a lot better here and because I set out the original list of things that I don't like about Australia, maybe I should follow up with the 10 things I like most about being back in Europe......so here goes:

1. The diversity of cultures and values which remain despite the attempts of Euro politicians to force us all to be grey.

2. The sense of less crime (remember I am not in the UK).

3. I am finding basic household items a lot cheaper (and I include beer and wine amongst the basic household items).

4. My house has PROPER insulation, PROPER double glazing and PROPER heating. Which evens even whens its minus 15 outside (as it was a couple of weeks ago), its warm and cosy indoors.

5. No Sunday trading.

6. Being in a European time zone (and hence not feeling cut off from everything).

7. Autobahns + fast cars.

8. Having numerous great skiing resorts available within a hop, skip and a jump.

9. Being paid in Euro's.

10. Feeling like home.

To those who say there were "fatal errors" well to be honest you can do all the research you like which will give you a view on the basic but until you are actually living it you won't know whether its right or not. I think the error that most probably make is that they thing "change" means "good" and it isn't necessarily like that. There are very few absolutes in this game.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Soon as the buzz wear's off from Valkyrie you'll be packing for Perth.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
Interesting views and opinions but seeing as how I was the original poster then maybe I can bring things back on topic.

First and foremost as I set out in the original post my views are exactly those i.e. my views and as such there is no empirical right or wrong, it is just a set of views. I am not a died in the wool Englishman as some seem to have assumed but rather I have been living away from the UK for nearly 10 years.

Having now left (and being back in my adopted Germany) I (and we) feel a lot happier. Even the days when its cold, miserable and raining. The fact is, the lifestyle suits us a lot better here and because I set out the original list of things that I don't like about Australia, maybe I should follow up with the 10 things I like most about being back in Europe......so here goes:

1. The diversity of cultures and values which remain despite the attempts of Euro politicians to force us all to be grey.

2. The sense of less crime (remember I am not in the UK).

3. I am finding basic household items a lot cheaper (and I include beer and wine amongst the basic household items).

4. My house has PROPER insulation, PROPER double glazing and PROPER heating. Which evens even whens its minus 15 outside (as it was a couple of weeks ago), its warm and cosy indoors.

5. No Sunday trading.

6. Being in a European time zone (and hence not feeling cut off from everything).

7. Autobahns + fast cars.

8. Having numerous great skiing resorts available within a hop, skip and a jump.

9. Being paid in Euro's.

10. Feeling like home.

To those who say there were "fatal errors" well to be honest you can do all the research you like which will give you a view on the basic but until you are actually living it you won't know whether its right or not. I think the error that most probably make is that they thing "change" means "good" and it isn't necessarily like that. There are very few absolutes in this game.
Thanks for sharing your views Martin H.I have a wonderful life in the UK,guess I'm lucky I live in good part!"!!!!yes I spent many years living in Oz,and although it has its virtues (not many but a few haha)I do love it here,so much to do,so much to see,so little time hahaha Have a great life and good luck to you and your family xx
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TMRE
still waiting to experience the bad driving in OZ that people keep talking about though

You are joking aren't you !!??
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

I drive from Highgate in North London to herts every day in rush hour through 30 odd sets of traffic lights and then a motorway and country lanes and this is real rush hour stuff. There is absolutely more of an urgency to take a risk and bump a queue if you can but i tell you this, I feel safer in my car at this time in London with the extra stress than I ever did driving in Melbourne. So many bad drivers, tailgators, aggressive, challenging and distracted.

Aside from that Melbourne rocks but drivers on the whole there are lousy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.