Electoral roll question

Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Emmagh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electoral roll question

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question - I hope it is!

I own three properties in the UK, two are rented out and one my Father lives in. We removed ourselves from the electoral roll when we left the UK in 2008, however, in order to improve and maintain our credit rating in the UK, we want to go back on it, using the property we own that my Father lives in, and where our credit card and bank accounts are registered. So, my question is, is this allowed, even though we don't permanently live at the address, and only spend so many weeks a year there? We're both British Citizens from birth.

Many thanks for any insight and help!
Emma
Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electoral roll question

Originally Posted by Emmagh
Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question - I hope it is!

I own three properties in the UK, two are rented out and one my Father lives in. We removed ourselves from the electoral roll when we left the UK in 2008, however, in order to improve and maintain our credit rating in the UK, we want to go back on it, using the property we own that my Father lives in, and where our credit card and bank accounts are registered. So, my question is, is this allowed, even though we don't permanently live at the address, and only spend so many weeks a year there? We're both British Citizens from birth.

Many thanks for any insight and help!
Emma
Definitely not allowed, signing on the electoral roll signifies you are resident at that address, and could be classed as fraud.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 1:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You can become an overseas voter BUT you need to use your overseas address. As Mike points out, it is not OK for you to use a UK address as you are not resident. That would be fraud.

Link
Old Sep 25th 2015, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

john in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond repute

I am a OZ finance Broker as well - unsure how being on the electoral improves your credit rating? You would from my experience be classed as non resident for future lending and they would simply look at your credit history records and current loan repayments etc.
that is if you can find a bank to lend you money for future purchases in the UK as they are very restrictive in this area for non residents.

If you have not done so you need to have valuations done on the properties from the 5th April 2015 as Capital gains is now payable by non residents from the 6th April.

I hope that helps.