Turkey Visa

Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

karTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the rough
Default Turkey Visa

We're off to Turkey in a couple of months and understand we can have a three month visa without problem. However, we will be in and out of Turkey for a few weeks at the beginning as we intend to island hop on easyCruise* between Bodrum, Turkey and Piraeus, Greece.

The query- does our three months start on arrival at Bodrum the very first time we get there, or will we get a fresh three months every time we re-enter from Greece, ie, the last time we get back into Turkey. Does that make sense?

We can't find anyone who knows.

*Can you believe this: a different Grecian island every day, including taxes, travel and accommodation, we pay just £20/night for a cabin? Truly unbelievable, so we're doing it twice- once with wifey's mum and then a fortnight later with wifey's sister.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

davesmithsrm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turkey Visa

Originally Posted by karTER
We're off to Turkey in a couple of months and understand we can have a three month visa without problem. However, we will be in and out of Turkey for a few weeks at the beginning as we intend to island hop on easyCruise* between Bodrum, Turkey and Piraeus, Greece.

The query- does our three months start on arrival at Bodrum the very first time we get there, or will we get a fresh three months every time we re-enter from Greece, ie, the last time we get back into Turkey. Does that make sense?

We can't find anyone who knows.

*Can you believe this: a different Grecian island every day, including taxes, travel and accommodation, we pay just £20/night for a cabin? Truly unbelievable, so we're doing it twice- once with wifey's mum and then a fortnight later with wifey's sister.
Hi ... i travel to Turkey with work and upon arrival for the first time you go to the desk by immigration and they give you a visa sticker for your passport which is a 3 month multiple entry visa, which means from the date of first entry you can move in and out ok.

Once this 3 months is up, you will need to get it renewed - but how you do this if you are still in turkey i dont know....
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

karTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the roughkarTER is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by davesmithsrm
Hi ... i travel to Turkey with work and upon arrival for the first time you go to the desk by immigration and they give you a visa sticker for your passport which is a 3 month multiple entry visa, which means from the date of first entry you can move in and out ok.

Once this 3 months is up, you will need to get it renewed - but how you do this if you are still in turkey i dont know....
Thanks for the reply.

Can we re-new a visa early? If, for exampe we have another month or so to run on the original, can we still pay for another three months, when we re-enter?

We're not trying anything snide, just that we want to travel in land and want our three month visa to last as long as possible, so whilst we are border hopping between Greece and Turkey, we can pay for another really easily and without long haul back to the border.

Anyone know?

Thanks.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

davesmithsrm is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by karTER
Thanks for the reply.

Can we re-new a visa early? If, for exampe we have another month or so to run on the original, can we still pay for another three months, when we re-enter?

We're not trying anything snide, just that we want to travel in land and want our three month visa to last as long as possible, so whilst we are border hopping between Greece and Turkey, we can pay for another really easily and without long haul back to the border.

Anyone know?

Thanks.
I do not see a problem but can only comment on what i have done previous - for example at Ataturk airport, the visa desk just takes your money and puts a sticker in your book.

When i have been, they did not look at other pages in my passport - just stick and go...
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davesmithsrm
I do not see a problem but can only comment on what i have done previous - for example at Ataturk airport, the visa desk just takes your money and puts a sticker in your book.

When i have been, they did not look at other pages in my passport - just stick and go...
That's what we're hoping for but I'll let you know how we get on in a few month's time. Thanks.