Reload this Page >

Having problems with property management companies

Having problems with property management companies

Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:14 am
Just Joined

mlmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Having problems with property management companies

Hi

I have a property near Kemer/Antalya, I bought it 5 years ago and have had so many problems.
I pay a monthly mngt charge and an annual pool charge, I turned up to stay there a couple of years ago and the site was in a bad state of repair, no water in the pool and I was told that no other owners were paying, so no work had been done, no-one told me and they still took my annual pool charge.
The following year I was told the mngt company had left with all the money.

A new company has now taken over and have done a great job with the site, but I have received no communication from them, I don't know who they are, where they are and have never seen any paperwork, invoices or contracts.

2 years ago I started using a local property agent just to pay my electric bills and to clean the house before my arrival, they are in communication with the mew mngt company but won't pass me any details!!

I have just started to rent out my property and the couple staying there have called me to say that all the electrical items on the inventory are not there (some of my bedding and towels has also been replaced with inferior ones).

My guests have spoken to a neighbour who has told them there are always people in my house and have been for almost 2 years. It seems the key holders who I pay to clean my property have been renting it out.

I have emailed them but doubt I can do a thing about this, I didn't get anywhere with solictors after the old mngt company stole our money!

I just feel like I can find anyone trustworthy or professional to deal with in Turkey, everyone so far has stolen from me and all refuse to provide any sort of professional paperwork, I have now used the 2 large companies in that area and don't know what to do next.

I really don't want to sell my house and I imagine that would take forever anyway, is there anyone English speaking living in this area who may be able to offer some advice?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:47 am
UK Expat Turkey

ozsubasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having problems with property management companies

There should be a Management Committee for the complex, have you been in direct contact with other owners to find out what is happening?
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:11 am
Just Joined

martinIFO is an unknown quantity at this point

You will be find soon trustworthy or professional to deal with in Turkey but you have to be patient.

We know the solution we will be work with new ideas and karma trustable foreigner staff, we start working on it for planning to set up our different style of company in Antalya end of 2013 or early 2014.
We was move from U.K me and my wife well know Turkish, English also Russian we got few citizenship including Turkish and we learn how to deal with the corruption and fraud trouble makers .

Solicitor cant help all case even if you agree with solicitor will charge from you 3 to 5.000 TL same amount while you try you take back (may be) from your mngt company so where is the point for hired solicitor We know the Turkey, and foreigner problems and solutions, In Turkey the biggest problem is public and in business deals %90 population not keep their own promise and mostly they liar to you, this liar sometime small but sometime put you real big problems or and lost lots of pounds cash, we got also have bad experience long time ago when we was buy house, even buy some furniture from shop or rent a flat, we want sale some goods or we was try to deal etc. but we learned now how to sort it.. we want help every foreigner before they victim too..

Solution is will be only my honest family company and my new ideas I cant write here to much but let me give you bit idea we will work like a secure C.C.T.V. system, our customers will be control everything for their properties without worry and headache they will not a pay penny before jobs done or before end monthly services schedule.

Shortcut! Get a service Pay us after We will be only solution all over Antalya may be later in other cities too… Ship-shape and Bristol fashion We hope everybody will join us

Notice to admin: writing a message area company name or contact number like open invitation advert may disturb our forum rules or no problem at all? thanks

Last edited by martinIFO; Oct 10th 2012 at 9:22 am.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinIFO
Notice to admin: writing a message area company name or contact number like open invitation advert may disturb our forum rules or no problem at all? thanks
Forum Rule #9: http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Rene
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:08 am
Just Joined

cemdal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am turkish from uk now i am living costa del sol belive me best to do sale the property and move away from turkey you do not trust any one there all even i am turkish i lost all i have you are lucky you have you title deed i hope dont trust lawyer in turkey good luck
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:44 am
UK Expat Turkey

ozsubasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cemdal
Hi i am turkish from uk now i am living costa del sol belive me best to do sale the property and move away from turkey you do not trust any one there all even i am turkish i lost all i have you are lucky you
have you title deed i hope dont trust lawyer in turkey good luck
Wow!! and everything on the Costa Del Sol is wonderful?? Things can go wrong anywhere in the world. I don't think that generalising like this is helpful. I could post exactly the same in the Spain forum, without anything in my profile (as you haven't in yours) and nothing in my post (as you haven't) to back it up.
That is not to diminish the problem that the OP is facing, but please let's make constructive and useful contributions that are supported.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 10:15 am
Just Joined

seanpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking at setting up a business in Turkey to help fellow British citizens who have apartments / holiday homes in the Fethiye area.

What I would like to do is start a Meet & Great service for if you let your property out so the holiday maker ha s a friendly face to welcome them into your villa and be on call for emergency's, Clean and prepare the villa before & After Visitors, Transfer service etc This will also include Key Holder, Emergency maintenance and other services I have in mind.

Would this be something that people would consider? I have been coming to Turkey with family since 1993 and Brought a property 10 years ago, I am now making that leap to live in This lovely country.

Would love to hear your feedback & Comments

Sean