Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Antalya, Turkey

Anyone in Antalya, Turkey

Old May 1st 2011, 11:47 am
Just Joined

ILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really nice
Smile Anyone in Antalya, Turkey

Hi everyone I'm 18 and im moving to Turkey in a few weeks, can anyone tell me what its like living in Antalya north, Turkey?
I'm moving there because of my job

I don't need info on accommodation, just the people, the place etc.

Thanks!
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Antalya, Turkey

Antalya is not bad as a city. Its location is good and they have good weather from April to around October and then cooler weather, with rain into the winter months.

The town has a new and old bit - with the old bit mainly around the harbour.

There are lots of tourists both visiting and also using Antalya as a jumping off point to either go to other places, such as Cappadocia, or to get onto a cruise along the Lycian coastline.

The town has everything you would expect from a large town - local and international shopping, supermarkets, good and bad restauarants, bars etc. There is a good infrastructure to and from Antalya, so its easy to hop on a bus or plane and head elsewhere.

The nationalities of those living there are varied - lots of Turks (obviously), plus a lot of foreigners. There was a huge influx of Russians a few years ago.

For things to do in Antalya specifically, I dont really know. But outside of Antalya, you have the wonderful coastline to explore...Phaseylis, Cirali, Kas, Xanthos, Letoon, Patara, Manavgat etc.

For me, the best thing in living in that region (I was in Kas) was the people. They were very welcoming and I really enjoyed my time there. The food was lovely - fresh breads, honey, jams, fruit and veg that actually tastes of something.

Enjoy your time. Kolay gelsin.
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

ILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really niceILoveEurope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tillybean
Antalya is not bad as a city. Its location is good and they have good weather from April to around October and then cooler weather, with rain into the winter months.

The town has a new and old bit - with the old bit mainly around the harbour.

There are lots of tourists both visiting and also using Antalya as a jumping off point to either go to other places, such as Cappadocia, or to get onto a cruise along the Lycian coastline.

The town has everything you would expect from a large town - local and international shopping, supermarkets, good and bad restauarants, bars etc. There is a good infrastructure to and from Antalya, so its easy to hop on a bus or plane and head elsewhere.

The nationalities of those living there are varied - lots of Turks (obviously), plus a lot of foreigners. There was a huge influx of Russians a few years ago.

For things to do in Antalya specifically, I dont really know. But outside of Antalya, you have the wonderful coastline to explore...Phaseylis, Cirali, Kas, Xanthos, Letoon, Patara, Manavgat etc.

For me, the best thing in living in that region (I was in Kas) was the people. They were very welcoming and I really enjoyed my time there. The food was lovely - fresh breads, honey, jams, fruit and veg that actually tastes of something.

Enjoy your time. Kolay gelsin.

Thank you. glad to know I'm going to a nice area!
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILoveEurope
Thank you. glad to know I'm going to a nice area!
You were lucky to get any sort of response at all - this is a Middle East forum.
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
You were lucky to get any sort of response at all - this is a Middle East forum.
I didn't know where else to put it, I only found out I'm moving to Turkey the other day and I don't know anything about the country hence the question.

Can't stand rude people........
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know where else to put it, I only found out I'm moving to Turkey the other day and I don't know anything about the country hence the question.

Can't stand rude people........
Wasn't being rude - just an observation............ I was actually referring (half-jokingly) to a recent discussion (you can search for it) about where Turkey actually is, and why the hell they think they 'qualify' for EU membership......

You're welcome here............
Old May 4th 2011, 12:17 pm
Banned

baileyduval is an unknown quantity at this point

Antalya is a nice place to stay as it has good infrastructure and nice easy to go people there. It has good public transportation system and it has lately turned into a tourist resort. So you will find loads of tourists there. It has some awesome scenic beauties that can mesmorise anyone. You will have a nice time there.
Old May 4th 2011, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by baileyduval
Antalya is a nice place to stay as it has good infrastructure and nice easy to go people there. It has good public transportation system and it has lately turned into a tourist resort. So you will find loads of tourists there. It has some awesome scenic beauties that can mesmorise anyone. You will have a nice time there.
Thanks for your reply, I really can't wait to go now!! sounds like such a nice place I can't wait to start my job and go!!

Old May 4th 2011, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for your reply, I really can't wait to go now!! sounds like such a nice place I can't wait to start my job and go!!

http://www.russiangirls-brides.com/s...-AD4H8568.html