British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Turkey (https://britishexpats.com/forum/turkey-178/)
-   -   Antalya - Turkey (https://britishexpats.com/forum/turkey-178/antalya-turkey-643090/)

TheDreamer Dec 2nd 2009 6:01 pm

Antalya - Turkey

Does anyone live in Antalya or can give a breakdown of cost of living there?

Most important tools for me is having fast unlimited internet and I would like to rent a one Bedroom flat.

Thanks in advance.

TD

Mastiche Dec 7th 2009 9:37 am

Re: Antalya - Turkey

Originally Posted by TheDreamer (Post 8141861)
Does anyone live in Antalya or can give a breakdown of cost of living there?

Most important tools for me is having fast unlimited internet and I would like to rent a one Bedroom flat.

Thanks in advance.

TD

It is very lovely place to live. 9 months sunny, yes there is a fast internet in all districts of Antalya.

If you plan a permanent residency then you would be able to find a cheap place. But if your plans are to rent only for summer season then it may be expensive.

You can find a rent from 50 to 150 per week. Also, I can say that it is not expensive to make shopping from markets or groceries. If you compared to Istanbul, then Antalya is cheaper.

TheDreamer Dec 7th 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by mastiche (Post 8152683)
It is very lovely place to live. 9 months sunny, yes there is a fast internet in all districts of Antalya.

If you plan a permanent residency then you would be able to find a cheap place. But if your plans are to rent only for summer season then it may be expensive.

You can find a rent from 50 to 150 per week. Also, I can say that it is not expensive to make shopping from markets or groceries. If you compared to Istanbul, then Antalya is cheaper.

Thank you mastiche, if I come I will probably come to stay there until I get bored with the place - talking about boredom, how long will it take for someone to get bored with the place or is it not possible to get bored at all?:D

PS- I've actually been there once before but it was a while ago.

Mastiche Dec 7th 2009 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by TheDreamer (Post 8153478)
Thank you mastiche, if I come I will probably come to stay there until I get bored with the place - talking about boredom, how long will it take for someone to get bored with the place or is it not possible to get bored at all?:D

PS- I've actually been there once before but it was a while ago.

If I lived in Antalya, I would never have got bored at there.. I wish I live there but there is not enough job opportunities for my occupation :(

However, it depends on your expectations.

TheDreamer Dec 8th 2009 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by mastiche (Post 8153997)
If I lived in Antalya, I would never have got bored at there.. I wish I live there but there is not enough job opportunities for my occupation :(

However, it depends on your expectations.

Nice to hear you like it there so much - I wish I could get a proper breakdown of costs of living there, then I could plan more seriously!