Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Antalya - Turkey

Antalya - Turkey

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Antalya - Turkey

Does anyone live in Antalya or can give a breakdown of cost of living there?

Most important tools for me is having fast unlimited internet and I would like to rent a one Bedroom flat.

Thanks in advance.

TD
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Mastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant future
Default Re: Antalya - Turkey

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
Does anyone live in Antalya or can give a breakdown of cost of living there?

Most important tools for me is having fast unlimited internet and I would like to rent a one Bedroom flat.

Thanks in advance.

TD
It is very lovely place to live. 9 months sunny, yes there is a fast internet in all districts of Antalya.

If you plan a permanent residency then you would be able to find a cheap place. But if your plans are to rent only for summer season then it may be expensive.

You can find a rent from 50 to 150 per week. Also, I can say that it is not expensive to make shopping from markets or groceries. If you compared to Istanbul, then Antalya is cheaper.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mastiche
It is very lovely place to live. 9 months sunny, yes there is a fast internet in all districts of Antalya.

If you plan a permanent residency then you would be able to find a cheap place. But if your plans are to rent only for summer season then it may be expensive.

You can find a rent from 50 to 150 per week. Also, I can say that it is not expensive to make shopping from markets or groceries. If you compared to Istanbul, then Antalya is cheaper.
Thank you mastiche, if I come I will probably come to stay there until I get bored with the place - talking about boredom, how long will it take for someone to get bored with the place or is it not possible to get bored at all?

PS- I've actually been there once before but it was a while ago.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
Thank you mastiche, if I come I will probably come to stay there until I get bored with the place - talking about boredom, how long will it take for someone to get bored with the place or is it not possible to get bored at all?

PS- I've actually been there once before but it was a while ago.
If I lived in Antalya, I would never have got bored at there.. I wish I live there but there is not enough job opportunities for my occupation

However, it depends on your expectations.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mastiche
If I lived in Antalya, I would never have got bored at there.. I wish I live there but there is not enough job opportunities for my occupation

However, it depends on your expectations.
Nice to hear you like it there so much - I wish I could get a proper breakdown of costs of living there, then I could plan more seriously!