why in canada

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice
Default why in canada

why in canada is there so many food banks for the poor people???.

why in alberta are 9000 people going to food banks???

why in canada is there great concerns about pensions???

why in canada are the government making cuts to the health service???

why in canada is there so many people on the bread line and below it????

why in canada have my wages been cut???

why in canada has the government put up the income tax by $306.00 per person this year???

in canada why are there so many layoffs???

why have they got more oil in canada than saudi arabia???

why did i never hear of food banks in the UK???

why am i going back to the UK ???.cos its no better here.

answers on a postcard please.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: why in canada

Its EXACTLY the same in the Uk dude, if not worse.
(apart from the obvious, oil)

Why are you going back to the uk? let me guess, because truck driving north america is a shitty job, which few get lucky in, and many fail doing?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by CurtNIR

Why are you going back to the uk? let me guess, because truck driving north america is a shitty job, which few get lucky in, and many fail doing?
Why is truck driving in north america so shitty??
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Or more to the point few can be bothered to get off their arse and find a decent job, that many sit there and expect companies to jump through hoops to provide for them, that many refuse to change their working practices, that many do not bother to fully research before coming here
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grant r
Why is truck driving in north america so shitty??
Grant that has come from someone who can't come here because he neither has the experience or qualifications to do so, please don't take it personally

Last edited by dave_lol66; Feb 3rd 2012 at 12:47 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Meritor, a lot of questions!
A lot of them apply to the World as a whole, so I don't have all your answers.
But I think you will find that a lot of the people that go to food banks are smokers, they have cellphones, run a car and have got no sense of priority.
I often wonder about things myself.
Like:
Why do people smoke?
Why drive a V8 when a V6 is plenty fast enough?
Why do Oldies radio stations play plenty of Tracy Chapman yet you never hear any Joan Armatrading?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Grant that has come from someone who can't come here because he neither has the experience or qualifications to do so, please don't take it personally
Its come from someone who is back at college earning a degree in order to get into a professional career, and watch you trucker muppets bring me my groceries.

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

No different to the UK Meritor! There are food banks/soup kitchens galore here too. Not sure how long you've been out of the UK but you you could be in for a big shock when you get back! A class1 licence pretty much used to guarantee you a job....not anymore!! VAT up, Utility Bills up 20%, Water going up 6% this year!As Mr. Cameron says, 'we're all in this together!', right?! Good luck back in the UK, you'll need it!!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Meritor:
I strongly advise you go back to UK & have a look before you break any ties in Canada (ie giving up your job).
UK is on the slide, you only need Greece to finally default & it will effect the whole of Europe.
The grass is greener? I doubt it.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do love this saying "THE UK IS ON ITS KNEES AND IN FULL DECLINE"what does this actually mean because it baffles the hell out of me,we have healthy employment yes there is unemployment but where isn't there,if you want to work there is work i have turned down countless jobs since returning,we have a free health service now let me repeat that FREEEEEEE and a bloody good one at that,Food is relatively cheap,standard of living here is well above poverty line.Yes fuel is getting expensive but isnt that again the case everywhere.I really dont understand how people can be so naive in thinking the grass is greener the other side of the Atlantic,the Canadian trucking industry is decades behind Europe in every way,i could of move companies but you know what i didnt want to,i want to get paid for every hour i turn in, call me old fashioned but thats why i go to work.My advice go and give it ago but dont burn your bridges here because youll soon realise that the UK isnt that bad after all, ask all who have tried and returned you wont have to look far
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

So exactly how long did you "give it a go"for ? You didn't change companies because you didn't want to.Hardly the most dynamic attitude,wonder why you're back in Britain
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:23 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garvs11
Exactly the response i expected to get from a member of the dont you dare slate Canada off Group.If it makes any difference i spent 18 months there dymanic nope not me i dont live for work,i have a life and i returned to the Uk to continue a very good one.Is Canada better off without me who really cares because i dont.
More opportunity for others to go and make a real go of it. Who are you working for now Parcel farce. Drive two hours, park up wait 4 hours and drive back, big deal. Glad to see you are making a contribution to the world. Good luck in UK.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garvs11
Exactly the response i expected to get from a member of the dont you dare slate Canada off Group.If it makes any difference i spent 18 months there dymanic nope not me i dont live for work,i have a life and i returned to the Uk to continue a very good one.Is Canada better off without me who really cares because i dont.
And a typical response from someone who accepted a crap job offer with a crap company, kept telling everyone how good it is and ran off back home
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its come from someone who is back at college earning a degree in order to get into a professional career, and watch you trucker muppets bring me my groceries.

Ah so coming to Canada and living the life you can only dream about are the actions of a muppet
Going back to college is the actions of a loser who couldn't hack real life
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesnt take long for the rear guard to come out yep thats right Dave from day one i shouted from the roof tops and ran home im surprised you could see that through your glasses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.